Racing chic in the SKODA Citigo SPORT

ColinD

• Administrators

The ŠKODA Citigo SPORT is based on the regular ŠKODA Ambition trim line and is available with three and five doors. Below the bonnet of this special model is a 1.0 MPI petrol engine with a choice of 44 kW (60 HP) or 55 kW (75 HP). Fuel consumption in the 44 kW variant with the Green tec package is a mere 4.1 l/ 100 km, equivalent to CO2 emissions of 95 g/km. The transmission can be a five-speed manual or an automated-shift gearbox (ASG).?Mladá Boleslav, January 23rd, 2013 – Effective immediately, the ŠKODA Citigo will be available in racing look as ŠKODA Citigo SPORT special model. This sportily styled subcompact with a lowered chassis impresses with its dynamic chic including racing stripes and comprehensive special equipment such as spoilers and a sports chassis.

• New ŠKODA Citigo SPORT special model available immediately as both a three- and five-door version with sports chassis and rally stripes
  • Lowered chassis, with alloy wheels, styling kit and sporty interior
  • Dynamic and efficient: ŠKODA Citigo SPORT consumes just 4.1 l/100 km

citigo sport - Exterior

citigo sport - Group

citigo sport - Rear

citigo sport  - Rear Seats

citigo sport - Drivers seat

citigo sport - Cockpit

The ŠKODA Citigo SPORT is based on the regular ŠKODA Ambition trim line and is available with three and five doors. Below the bonnet of this special model is a 1.0 MPI petrol engine with a choice of 44 kW (60 HP) or 55 kW (75 HP). Fuel consumption in the 44 kW variant with the Green tec package is a mere 4.1 l/ 100 km, equivalent to CO2 emissions of 95 g/km. The transmission can be a five-speed manual or an automated-shift gearbox (ASG).?Mladá Boleslav, January 23rd, 2013 – Effective immediately, the ŠKODA Citigo will be available in racing look as ŠKODA Citigo SPORT special model. This sportily styled subcompact with a lowered chassis impresses with its dynamic chic including racing stripes and comprehensive special equipment such as spoilers and a sports chassis.

The exterior of the ŠKODA Citigo SPORT immediately exudes sportiness and dynamics thanks to its black 15-inch “Auriga” design alloy wheels and a sports chassis lowered by 15 millimetres. A special ‘styling kit’ including a front and rear spoiler and rear diffusor add to this. Windows are tinted (SunSet). An adhesive racing stripe contrasting in colour to the respective body tone runs from the grille across the roof to the rear and highlights the car’s sporty character. Additional stripes at the rear, the lower door frames and the exterior mirrors give the car the look of a racer. The ŠKODA Citigo SPORT comes in three exclusive colours: candy white with red, tornado red with black and deep black with red stripes.

The interior also boasts a large number of sporty elements, among them a three-spoke steering sheathed in red leather, as is the hand brake handle and the shift lever. The seats in “Sport” textile design are executed in red, grey and black; even the floor mats are framed in red. The instrument panel has a grey décor finish, and even the ignition key comes in a design of its own: a broad red stripe and the “sport” lettering immediately signal that the key belongs to the new ŠKODA Citigo SPORT.

The ŠKODA Citigo established a presence for ŠKODA a year ago in the fast-growing subcompact segment. In 2012 alone, 30,000 customers in Europe bought a ŠKODA Citigo. The car comes with a choice of three or five doors. Besides efficient petrol engines, the car has also been available as a natural-gas version for a few months.

The Citigo is especially big on safety, becoming the first subcompact ever to receive a five-star rating in the Euro NCAP crash test jointly with the Volkswagen up! and the Seat Mii. A safety highlight is the new ‘City Safe Drive’ active braking assistant. Its automatic actuation of the brakes depending on speed and traffic situation can mitigate the impact of a collision or even prevent an accident altogether.

In addition, the Citigo boasts generous and ŠKODA-typical space figures. No other competitor outside Volkswagen Group offers more boot space (251 litres) and interior width (1.36 metres). Folding down the rear seats will increase boot volume to 959 litres in the five-door version. The car’s long wheelbase of 2.42 m means four persons can sit comfortably even on long trips. An Easy Entry function facilitates access to the rear seats in the three-door version.

• Like 2

I like the look of this. The interior needs some improvement, especially the red on the back seats but hopefully there will be an option to not have this. The stripe is a bit too much and would look much better without but that's just my opinion.

I keep wishing my GF would learn to drive and buy a Citigo so i can use it as well. :)

First of all, let me state that I like Citigo much more than it's VAG siblings, Skoda got it right IMHO. and in this sector "sporty" versions are much more about the looks rather than performance, hence the interior a bit on the crazy side (and the stripes).

However, being 6ft5, and travelling long-long-long trips in Skoda PR speak ;), I am deeply amused by this:

"The car’s long wheelbase of 2.42 m means four persons can sit comfortably even on long trips"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PR reaching new levels... Small practical and good looking town runaround it may be, but Citigo still is a 2+2 average height family town car rather than a 4 adult motorway cruiser.

Edited by dieselV6

• Administrators

With my /it's a city car hat on...

I think a long distance would be no more than a hundred miles with 2 kids in the back and your buddy in the front. But hang on we did used to drive small cars and we did used to go for long distances in them.

I've no doubt this could cruse on the m-way, but really, it's not being pitched as the next mondeo man replacement.

Might borrow one and see how far north I can drive on a tank of juice and a pack of ibuprofen.

• Like 1

This looks interesting, as i no longer do the miles to make a diesel worth while, so looking at a smaller petrol alternative as a toy.

The tiny Lupo GTi was a brilliant concept, but based on its short life & the cost of fuel on release it didnt stand a chance against other GTi's of the time, however given the change in cost of fuel & the rules on engine emissions these small cars now stand a chance.

Having owned several Skodas for 12+ years I would really like to consider the Citigo, but Sport is just show & no go, hopefully they will produce a GT version like the Up.

• 3 weeks later...

If the VW UP! GT is released then I will buy one. I doubt the rest of the VAG group will share the spoils of a desirable micro rocket. I really hope Skoda produce a Citigo vRS as that would be my weapon of choice. I imagine the Up GT will be a strictly 3 door. Skoda should do a 5 door version to be different and that's the one I would go for.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am a big fan of the Citigo (although I don't own one) it's a fantastic little car, and quite spacious inside. I was even impressed with the acceleration in the 75ps, better than I was expecting from a 1.0.

The only thing I don't like is the seatbelts aren't height adjustable, really annoying! If Skoda did a VRS Citigo with height adjustable seat belts I would seriously consider trading in the Fabia VRS to enjoy changing gear again!

Stick 1.4 twincharger in it and 4x4 drive and we are talking!

No point tbh, you would have your sneaky extra power citigo, you'd pull up to the lights with a bog standard one sat there next to you and go to show off........... Then we would see the ensuing footage from Bossfox posted on here :rock: