Parking sensor retro fit

If I want to fit reverse sensors to my mk2 vrs is there already a function somewhere in the car for a display (on the stereo?) or are the audible etc?

Or do I have to buy aftermarket ones?

What is the Head Unit in your Car? HU's like Audience, Swing, Bolero and Columbus have the display (OPS) capability inbuilt. To get a display on these units, you will need to fit an OEM Parking (PDC) Sensor Kit, aftermarket parking kits will not be able to display on these screens.

With the OEM PDC setup, Audio is guaranteed even if the HU does not support display. However, OEM kits are quiet expensive and if all that you are looking for are the "beeps", then aftermarket kits will serve the purpose and save you money too.

+1 on everything.

I retro fitted front and rear PDC and got the OPS working on a retro-fitted Columbus.

OPS is useful in certain situations, but the beeps are what makes it really useful.

Not sure what car (or more specifically what controllers / head unit) you have so can't advise further, but fire away with questions.

I also have all the tools and spare bits left over from my instal if you need any.

You can get OPS of sorts on the Stream. It only shows four corners of the car.

I'll post a picture if it in action if I can find it. It's certainly not a patch on the Bolero or Columbus (no idea about Amundsen).

Here's the Stream MP3 in action:

post-59543-0-29531000-1360408685_thumb.jpg

Ok so this is what I'm after, how do I go about fitting this and what do I need?

I went to skoda today and had a natter with the parts bloke, the only one he can up with was audio only and said I can not get a visual option to work with my stream hu, obviously you can.

Ok so this is what I'm after, how do I go about fitting this and what do I need?

Don't for a minute think I did anything special...

I'll post part numbers and links to kits later, but to be clear, mine was a Stream MP3. If yours is the standard Stream, I don't know if you can also get this.

Don't for a minute think I did anything special...

I'll post part numbers and links to kits later, but to be clear, mine was a Stream MP3. If yours is the standard Stream, I don't know if you can also get this.

Should it say "stream mp3" on the head unit?