DAB Now Available

LeeHarrison

An apathy towards a greater choice of listening. I have an RCD510DAB so I can listen to Absolute, 6Music, 4Extra, Planet Rock and XFM.

I am interested in a Coolumbus with DAB, but the cost is going to be a hurdle I think.

No "apathy", and a little bit cheeky assuming that. I listen to "my choice" of music on an SD card in the Yeti, so i always get 100% music that I like, with perfect sound quality.

I predict that DAB will eventually not be rolled out to replace FM.

I agree. Even getting decent FM in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales is a challenge, as with receiving mobile phone signals and - in previous times - analogue TV stations. I'm assuming - and I hope I'm right - that when I get my Yeti L&K that's now on order, the radio will receive FM as well as DAB, or I'll seldom (if ever) be using the radio close to home!

I agree. Even getting decent FM in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales is a challenge, as with receiving mobile phone signals and - in previous times - analogue TV stations. I'm assuming - and I hope I'm right - that when I get my Yeti L&K that's now on order, the radio will receive FM as well as DAB, or I'll seldom (if ever) be using the radio close to home!

Sorry, but I think you may have misread my comments ........."eventually not be rolled out".......

No "apathy", and a little bit cheeky assuming that. I listen to "my choice" of music on an SD card in the Yeti, so i always get 100% music that I like, with perfect sound quality.

A little bit cheeky to essentially dismiss DAB and assume nobody else is interested. If you're listening to music on SD card, then I assume this is in mp3 format (as I can't get any other format to play on my RCD510) and so the compression of mp3 is highly likely giving you sound quality typical of DAB anyway.

A little bit cheeky to essentially dismiss DAB and assume nobody else is interested. If you're listening to music on SD card, then I assume this is in mp3 format (as I can't get any other format to play on my RCD510) and so the compression of mp3 is highly likely giving you sound quality typical of DAB anyway.

Funny - I do not recall saying that I "assume nobody else would be interested"? I actually stated...."99% of us who are not interested in cricket etc."

I was merely stating my own personal opinion of DAB - and what others think of DAB is of no interest whatsoever to me. I have DAB fitted on my Yeti, have tried it and do not require it...what is wrong in that. If you like it fine.

Finally MDI for the Yeti! Only took them FOUR years to engineer the tray in front of the gear lever for RHD. Gosh.

I think it was already available (you could get it in Ireland and I think they're RHD?)

Just another Skoda UK banned option until now. But pleased to see it and DAB finally available.

Why shouldn't some of us dismiss DAB when we know it is going to give us anything or even work where we live?

And SD cards will also accept WMA files.

What is a RCD510?

As of tomorrow both Amundsen and Columbus units will be available with the long awaited DAB.

Prices as follows (but could be subject to change):

Amundsen

S Trim - £635

SE Trim - £535

Elegance Trim - £535 (would like a definite confirmation of this)

SE Plus Trim - £200

Columbus

SE and Elegance Trim - £1,630

MDI is now available @ £175 on S, SE and Elegance trims.

According to the SUK car configurator the Columbus & MDI are no cost options for the Yeti Elegance Greenline II . Can you confirm this is correct Lee?

Why shouldn't some of us dismiss DAB when we know it is going to give us anything or even work where we live?

And SD cards will also accept WMA files.

What is a RCD510?

Thanks for the support. I think I must be getting too old for all this technology. Thing is, Mrs Truthseeker has DAB in the Kitchen, so good job she is not on this forum otherwise she would be in the opposite corner!

Bye the way, did you mean to say "it is going" or maybe "it is not going"?

RCD510 is a model number of a VW Radio/CD unit

According to the SUK car configurator the Columbus & MDI are no cost options for the Yeti Elegance Greenline II . Can you confirm this is correct Lee?

Not as far as I am aware, but if I find out any different I will keep you all posted - whether you want DAB or not :bandit::rofl:

Personally I can't get too worked up about DAB yet

I have a radio in the kitchen and the reception isn't that good plus it does weird stuff like going off when you open the fridge door or SWMBO uses electrical appliances -- mixer cuts it off altogether!

The coverage in rural areas where I live is also still patchy so at that price I will wait a bit I think

Plus I only listen to radio 2, or I have a load of music on an SD card

Edited by yetiscot

What is a RCD510?

RCD510 = VW's version of the Bolero

RNS510 = VW's version of the Columbus

RNS310 = VW's version of Amundsen

All are basicslly exactly the same as the Škoda version bar the colour scheme being red and not green.

Can it be retrofitted? Just wondering since it is a 200ukp optional extra on a yeti se plus that should be arriving very soon...dammit!!!!

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Configurator gives DAB and MDI as no cost options on the SE Plus (Amundsen unit), is this correct??

Yeah but mines just built so the likelihood of getting dab on it is remote, with my luck.....

JeZ

Configurator gives DAB and MDI as no cost options on the SE Plus (Amundsen unit), is this correct??

Well according to my dealer the Columbus & MDI are not no cost options even tho the car configurator cleary states they are, so who is right & where do we as customers stand? Having been on this forum for only a few weeks it appears this is a fairly commom issue between SUK & the dealers & a severe lack of communication between both parties.

Well according to my dealer the Columbus & MDI are not no cost options even tho the car configurator cleary states they are, so who is right & where do we as customers stand? Having been on this forum for only a few weeks it appears this is a fairly commom issue between SUK & the dealers & a severe lack of communication between both parties.

Hi, brand new to this forum (actually, this is my very 1st post). Been pondering my options for last few few weeks & actually placed my order today for new Yeti, so perhaps my experience may help to spread some confusion light on the matter.

I phoned SUK to confirm & they were adamant that options were correct but prices were wrong - MDI should be £175 & Columbus with DAB © £1600 (can't 'member the exact figure). Columbus didn't interest me but I absolutely want MDI. Whilst ordering new car, dealer knew nothing about it & there are NO options on dealer system to include MDI as a factory option - I'm pretty sure the dealer would have refused any further discussion on the matter had it not been for the presence of a Skoda employee being there on business at the time. He made several calls, including one to the brand manager for the Yeti, & seemed to get conflicting stories from all & sundry.

Final outcome was that MDI is not a factory option (yet) but is now a dealer retrofit option (good news for many perhaps). Service dept knew nothing about it & argued strongly with Mr Skoda in my presence. One further phone call & up-shot was that there is absolutely no doubt that dealer can get necessary components to retro-fit. I ordered new car on condition that this was correct - I will be able to confirm the definitive answer in 2-3 months (perhaps) :think:

Edit - P.S: As the OP is a Skoda dealer, perhaps it would help everyone if he could quote the source. If it's a Skoda bulletin that less 'on the ball' dealers have bothered to read, the bulletin reference could be a god-send to prospective purchasers.

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

I can only go by the bulletin update that we receive. I've read back through it and from what I read they are factory options.

I've also looked on the configurator this morning and it does show both MDI and Columbus as no cost options, this will not be the case as fair as I know, plus, unless I'm doing something wrong, when you go to proceed, you have to enter in the Data Storage whatsit, do that, then try to proceed and it doesn't show either option on the final configuration, it reverts back to Bolero.

Maybe I should have waited a few more days before starting the thread but I am fully aware of many peoples queries regarding the availability of DAB.