coming/leaving home lights advice please

Ben77

All,

I have a 2005 Octavia Elegance with automatic wipers. Does the sensor also include the light sensor even though I do NOT have automatic headlights? If so, is it possible to have CH/LH lights programmed on?

Ben

Leaving home lights should work fine but coming home lights will be dependent on the light switch being left on headlights which will override the leaving home lights - they will come on whether it is dark or not.

This is based on my 56 reg car, the light sensor appears to be different on later cars as is the controller, I assume your is the same as mine.

If you have a rain sensor then you have the light sensor too.

The way around coming home limitation of having to leave the headlight switch on I have found is that if I need the lights on I just turn the switch off then just press unlock on the remote which kicks the leaving home function in.

Phil

If you have a rain sensor then you have the light sensor too.

The way around coming home limitation of having to leave the headlight switch on I have found is that if I need the lights on I just turn the switch off then just press unlock on the remote which kicks the leaving home function in.

Phil

Many thanks everyone for your replies. So, do I need to activate anything (I do not have maxidot) via VCDS?

Ah yes sorry.

You still need to activate it all in VCDS.

It should then use the light sensor to determine whether or not to activate the lights when you unlock the car.

Phil

Not sure if what I saw is either of this but keep seeing an Octavia parked on a curb and the side that is in the road has the rear light cluster on, as a visual aid to other drivers I guess. Just wondering is this standard or not?

Ah yes sorry.

You still need to activate it all in VCDS.

It should then use the light sensor to determine whether or not to activate the lights when you unlock the car.

Phil

OK cool thanks. I'll try and find somewhere to sort it.

Cheers

Ben

Not sure if what I saw is either of this but keep seeing an Octavia parked on a curb and the side that is in the road has the rear light cluster on, as a visual aid to other drivers I guess. Just wondering is this standard or not?

Isn't that a normal function of most cars when you leave the sidelights on with the indicator on?

Yes if you leave the indicator in either left or right position the coresponding lights on that side stay on. Been standard since the early 90's. My old L reg Polo Fox Coupe 1.0 litre did it even!

Phil

• Like 1

Yes if you leave the indicator in either left or right position the coresponding lights on that side stay on. Been standard since the early 90's. My old L reg Polo Fox Coupe 1.0 litre did it even!

Phil

Fair enough, didn't know that lol. Thanks :)

Fair enough, didn't know that lol. Thanks :)

I've only found it by accident in the past when I hear the lights on warning buzzer and I'm thinking "but I haven't left the lights on!"

• 7 months later...

No, but I changed the vcds to try to get the large mph so it is set to Australia and wonder whether this would effect it. I seem to remember seeing it in the settings on maxidot when I bought it. Or am I imagining things.

No, but I changed the vcds to try to get the large mph so it is set to Australia and wonder whether this would effect it. I seem to remember seeing it in the settings on maxidot when I bought it. Or am I imagining things.

That was so I got kmh sorry being thick

• 11 months later...

i have a octavia mk2 1.6 elegance with maxidot, my car didnt have light sensor, rain sensor , can i activate comming home and leaving home with VCDS ?

Yes but they will work all the time when the switch is left on. CH lights will work all the time regardless.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk