Ignition Illumination for key?

Ben77

Hi,

May be a dumb question and I have searched but cannot find an answer. Should there be any illumination around the key hole for the ignition? My Forester does and as I am not used to the Skoda yet I end up messing around trying to get the key in. Should there be any illumination around the key hole?

Ben

Mine doesn't. To be honest, I've always been in the habit of having my fingertips running alongside and just in front of the key so i can feel wherever it's meant to be going on the car. Just stops me scratching paint or anything.

Edited by blackspaven

Can't see the point TBH - due to where it is you can't exactly see it anyway. I don't think I've ever looked - just get in and slot it in as you kinda know where it is by instinct.

I suppose it might be different if you've only just got the car, drive other cars a lot, or don't do many miles though.