Going Electric... Richard's EV thread.

BossFox

It was the corgy toy, white maximum security car from Captain Scarlet.

Didnt have any windows on the side though.

• Like 2

rvrevo-dinky-msv-open.JPG

• Like 1

That's the thingie. I guess it wasn't carrying gold though!!

Thingy!

I believe it's an SPV - spectrum pursuit vehicle

Yes, I'm that old

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thingy!

I believe it's an SPV - spectrum pursuit vehicle

Yes, I'm that old

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Whilst I would never dispute the elde..., er, er, erm, oooo, ah......more enlightened ;) ;).....the SPV was this.....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f2/Dinky_Toys_104_Spectrum_Pursuit_Vehicle-Captain_Scarlet_and_the_Mysterons.jpg/800px-Dinky_Toys_104_Spectrum_Pursuit_Vehicle-Captain_Scarlet_and_the_Mysterons.jpg

It's not the patrol car either, as that was very pointy at the front, and in a certain shade of red.......

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Dinky_Toys_103_Spectrum_Patrol_Car-Captain_Scarlet_and_the_Mysterons.jpg/1024px-Dinky_Toys_103_Spectrum_Patrol_Car-Captain_Scarlet_and_the_Mysterons.jpg

What you're thinking of is the MSV (Maximum Security Vehicle)......

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/nick-jones-lesney-matchbox/dinky7/2568.jpg

And now, back to our scheduled programme.......

• Like 2

Magic62 already stated it was the "maximum security car"... :)  Hence it was easy to Google Image search. He said Car instead of Vehicle though but Google is thankfully clever like that...

I see there is another Easter egg for S and X Teslas. if you press the button on the charge handle jobbie 10 times in succession, the light around the charge port flashes rainbow colours :clap:   :o  :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, do we now have the next 'Bond' car being a Tesla?

It appears that  this Tesla S  Plunged into a flooded tunnel with several other, then stranded, combustion driven cars. Apparently the model S not only floats, but can power itself quite happily with the wheel rotation acting as paddles :D

Astonishing!

So, do we now have the next 'Bond' car being a Tesla?

It appears that  this Tesla S  Plunged into a flooded tunnel with several other, then stranded, combustion driven cars. Apparently the model S not only floats, but can power itself quite happily with the wheel rotation acting as paddles :D

Astonishing!

Loved the music they put over it :D

I should be getting mine in a week now. Can't wait! Won't be in a hurry to test amphibious mode though, even if I do punch in the Bond Lotus code!

Good luck with it. :)

I have been enjoying my Leaf, Richard.

I'm only on 28,000 miles. Never run out of electrons.

Love it. Love the way it drives. So much more fun than my previous vehicles.

Shame it doesn't do off-roading though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I followed one home the other day on the motorway. Here's a flaw I think....the driver slowed considerably due to traffic, but to do so obviously just got off the power. The car slows quickly but without brakelights to warn the person behind. Fortunately I was far enough behind but anyone who is too close and travelling at 75-80 mph might not be so lucky.

I followed one home the other day on the motorway. Here's a flaw I think....the driver slowed considerably due to traffic, but to do so obviously just got off the power. The car slows quickly but without brakelights to warn the person behind. Fortunately I was far enough behind but anyone who is too close and travelling at 75-80 mph might not be so lucky.

It depends, Paul.

I've noticed that moderate regeneration doesn't bring the brake lights on. If you fully release the accelerator, then the lights do come on when car regenerates at over 50kW of power.

One other minor gripe I have is the hold function (electric handbrake) keeps the brake lights on when I would prefer it didn't.

There's nothing worse than coming home in the dark with a splitting headache and stopping at some lights and have the guy in front of you with his foot on the brake throwing 63W of red light in your face...

• Like 2

Chris, good point, I might as well as I'd probably pollute Richard's thread :)

I need to give it a good wash and take some photos first though ;)

Went to collect my Fabia earlier and give it a wash. Felt quite strange going back to a much smaller, noisy, rattly car which requires gear changes and hardly any engine brake as I've got so used to the regenerative side. LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought maybe time for an update...  although I have been more than happy with other people posting their experiences here as it evolved into more of a general EV thread.

After my Euro Tour with the GT-R lot we as a family decided to go to Belgium for the weekend.

Wife wanted to take the children to the beach and my son was fascinated by the idea of taking a car on a train to go through a tunnel.

The Tesla set up is spot on, each Channel Tunnel Terminal has a car park where you wait to board, so Tesla have four parking spaces in each with Superchargers.

Meaning that you arrive, plug in while waiting and then get on the train with a full battery ready to blast through France.

post-60294-0-93944500-1468998377_thumb.jpeg

Worked out great, drove nearly two hours to where we were staying, did a bit of running around and then on the way back got to Calais with 20% battery left.

Parked up, waited for the call to leave and when it came we were on 98%.  No extra downtime added to our trip at all for charging and no diversions needed. :)

post-60294-0-88569700-1468998487_thumb.jpeg

I have now done 8,500 miles in the Tesla, not as much as I expected but that's mainly due to the Focus RS being so much fun on a twisty road.

Overall the Model S 90D has been great.

Everything about it is top notch, other than the build quality inside lacking a little bit.

I've noticed that some of the interior trim (which nice looking) marks easilly.

Prices have recently gone up too, so this car would now cost several thousand more than I paid and residuals don't look too bad.

Although I will admit I am considering selling it, getting something else for a while and then coming back to Tesla in a year or so.  Purely to put the money into bricks instead.

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 3

Thanks Richard.

I'm 2.5 weeks in, already over 2,000 miles. Loving it. My only niggles so far are the width - 6ft6 width restrictions are a little uncomfortably tight! And I have one piece of interior trim which isn't fully held in place, but overall, I'm happy with the build quality.

I know Bricks and mortar make sense... Until you hit another mega jam on the M25 ;)

Thanks Richard.

I'm 2.5 weeks in, already over 2,000 miles. Loving it. My only niggles so far are the width - 6ft6 width restrictions are a little uncomfortably tight! And I have one piece of interior trim which isn't fully held in place, but overall, I'm happy with the build quality.

I know Bricks and mortar make sense... Until you hit another mega jam on the M25 ;)

On mine it's the door top above the interior handled that has marked easily from nails and the screen surround which has been dented at the bottom, although I have no idea how.  Turns out the material is very thin, going to try and pop that out.

I am in danger of spending too much on racing cars, so sensible head is telling me to downsize the fleet and lock the cash up in property so I don't get tempted. :peek:

Currently too many cars.  And some cool machines coming up at auction next week.

• Like 2

I am in danger of spending too much on racing cars, so sensible head is telling me to downsize the fleet.

Currently too many cars.

You've been saying this since I joined briskoda 3 year ago probably longer. LoL