Also Gone And Done It!

Welcome!

Yes, and seeing as you are local, feel free to join us on our (fairly regular) scoob n skoda meets, nice little drive out in the country, followd by typical pub and nattering.... Not far from J6 M61.

PM me for details, or see the meets section.

Congrats - im sure you wont be disappointed. Never owned a Scoob so cant say much but I would definitely say that you'll enjoy the stealth aspect of the RS and the looks of surprise from more "obvious" car drivers :cheers:

Thanks for the Welcome Guys :)

Really looking forward to saturday morning.........

The one I test drove from the garage was chipped to 225bhp which was fantastic. Garage even said they could get the chip done for me if I want once it has been run in! From looking on here though it looks like Jabbasport remap is the way forward.

Fabpreza - Scooby was an MY98 (UK) only mods were scoobysport exhaust and centre pipe and brake upgrade!

Originally posted by theskodaguy in this post

Scooby was an MY98 (UK) only mods were scoobysport exhaust and centre pipe and brake upgrade!

Similar - I had a 99MY with Tek2 ECU and Prodrive exhaust.

If you are thinking along the lines of sporty-Audi-like-only-a-lot-better-value ;) then I don't think you will go wrong. If you are also open to extracting a little more power once it's run in, then you'll not regret it.

I chose the 4x4 rather than a vRS, but did drive both. The Scooby rawness is not there, but the trade off (?) is solidity, refinement and far far better fuel consumption.

I can honestly say that even in 4x4 form (ok, now with 220bhp) where I still need to upgrade the suspension and brakes to vRS levels, that it is really enjoyable to drive.

I know that you will also enjoy driving a car that attracts none of the wrong kind of attention that the Impreza did ! The anti-snob value mentioned on here is worth at least 20bhp !

:drive1:

Originally posted by Fabpreza in this post

I know that you will also enjoy driving a car that attracts none of the wrong kind of attention that the Impreza did ! The anti-snob value mentioned on here is worth at least 20bhp !

:drive1:

Ah yes, the psychological horsepower as we called it earlier. Yep, still there, still fully operational... :D

Originally posted by funkyjutel in this post

.....and theres more knowledge on here than in the Ency Britannia on just about every subject.

And more opinions - whether you ask for them or not - on just about everything under the sun. rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by funkyjutel in this post

Welcome aboard fellow Briskodan,

You'll find us a friendly bunch and theres more knowledge on here than in the Ency Britannia on just about every subject.

Hope to see you at one of the meet's.

:D

Andre

Talking of meets it's about time you had another one of you're NEC meets isn't it. :cool:

Oh and good choice and welcome.

Des