Water in drivers footwell

MarkEll

My wife's noticed a damp smell in the Yeti last week, picked up the carpet to find it was soaking. She had had the car back from the garage after having a accelerator pedal replaced (excessive vibration) so I thought they might have missed out a grommet or something. The car was returned stating that no fault was found. Any ideas? Has anyone had this before?

Do you have a sunroof :wonder: some early cars with the roof had issues with the drains causing waterlogged interiors and I seem to recall some issue with the plenum chamber leaking water into the cabin but sadly the exact cause escapes me :(

TP

Now this may be a complete purple halibut, so take it with a pinch of salt (& a dash of vinegar), but:

On my last service / M.O.T. for my Roomster, technician reported that "....washer fluid was pi55ing into the footwell when rear washer pump operated....".

They kindly fixed a problem I wasn't aware of under warranty & I haven't given it a thought since. I've no idea whether the pipe routing is similar on the Yeti, but worth including this on the check list if you're going to be rolling around the footwell with a torch (& a can of anti-perspirant?).

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

This happened to me also, the drain from the sunroof was kinked within the A pillar.

When the RAC man removed the dashboard, lots of water fell out.

I had the RAC out as the car failed to start (no surprise)

The dealer dried out the footwell, but I also found that the rear area was damp as well.

The water was 1cm deep in the drivers footwell :rain:

Thing is, there are probably around 5 or 6 potential likely causes for this type of problem, regardless of model - any dealer worth their salt should be familiar with all of the poss causes for your car.

Are they suggesting you took several litres of water into the car & spilt in in the footwells?

Time to find a new dealer!

In the meantime, have a browse of this (there maybe no similarities with the Yeti, so apologies from me for wasting your time - I'm just a bored Yeti awaitee with time on his hands!):

http://www.veedoubleu.com/?page_id=4

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

I had similar problems with Hetti developing 'indoor swimming pool syndrome'. :rain: (SWMBO points out it was nothing to do with bladder problems!) :notme:

It was the sunroof drains; dealer's opinion was 'kinked at birth'. a week of drying out, new felt under-underlay padding (underlay itself and carpets dried OK) and putting up with a Punto courtesy car (yuk :sick: ) and Hetti was returned good as new. Thank heavens for warranties!! :rofl: