Will this decat fit to my standard Vrs exhaust system?

• 1 year later...

Cheers chaps, will get one ordered then.

Did you ever get this fitted as bought mine and hoping to fit it tomorrow to the standard system :happy: Also did yours have a dent in the pipe near the turbo end. It does show it in the pictures a on the advert so I'm guessing it should be there?? :notme:   

Thank you Mankee I have been trying to find an answer all day as really want it on the car tomorrow (Silverstone at the weekend :clap: ) Do you know if I will have any probs fitting it to the standard system?? Also does it matter if I don't wrap it?

I didn't bother wrapping mine. It comes with a stepped section so it is designed to go onto a standard exhaust I think. Just make sure you exhaust is standard, as most of these cars have been messed with over the years!

All the members fitting these decats.  Did you have any problems removing the 4 old nuts and studs on the downpipe?  I`m gonna have a go at mine soon but have heard stories of studs shearing off..also what tools did you use to get at the nuts??  Do you have to get at them from underneath the car, because I`ve had a look and they are in a really awkward place with very little space to work.  It looks impossible to get a ratchet or bar in long enough to get any sort of leverage??

Edited by sammyhale30
  • Like 1

When i replaced the gasket on my downpipe the nuts came off real easy and there was plenty of space to use a normal racket and extension bar. I would say soak in penetrating fluid the night before and again in the morning before you start the job

Ok so good news and bad news. Good news first the down pipe fits and doesn't seem to have thrown the eml light. My engine light is on due to engine deletes and nothing new on scan. Now bad news. My four bolts as mentioned on other members post were really crapy looking so sprayed copious amounts of penetrating fluid last night. When taking the bolts off one snapped and another came out the manifold. So currently it's on with only 3 bolts fastened. So yes, they do shear off. Car was up on ramps as well so should have been really easy! Unfortunately nothing ever is when I try and do something. Anyone got any ideas how I can get the sheared stud out?? Help please. I have tried mole grips

How much of the stud sticks out? Can you get two nuts on there to wind it out?

Basically out the four bolts 2 came off with not too much trouble, the other two decided to be tits. We cracked them and they started un doing, went tight and then really tight. One sheered and the other actually undid the stud from the manifold (I think that's what it is called!?) we managed to get the stud back in as we just used the nut on it to tighten it back in and then fortunately it stayed strong whilst we tightened the nut up further.

There is enough of the stud showing to be able to get mole grips on it, however when we tried this the grips just started to chew the thread! I'm not sure a nut will go on it to be honest. Anything else I could try?? I will try the nut solution but as it sheered I think it would just sheer again?

Frenchieg post up if its noisey once fitted. Im tempted to go this route soon or sports cat but dont want noise

BB, we were both really surprised at how good it sounded. It was louder initially on cold start up (I wouldn't say mine sounded rough with original pipe on, on cold start!) and then it just purred really nice. I wouldn't call it loud just a surprisingly good purr really, which I'm please about for £80. The turbo sound is definitely more noticeable but not enough for someone to turn around and say, 'whats that!?' Not sure if the turbo sound will become annoying though because on the drive home even with a little throttle I could hear it whistling away :rock: Someone please don't come on hear and tell me its because I need a new turbo!! 

Oh and bear in mind mine probably is blowing a little as its only being held in with 3 bolts :o

Edited by frenchieg
  • Like 1