vRS Blackline - thoughts 1 month on

I agree with everything done 850mls in mine parking sensers act up in rain and snow get out clean them there ok again, never had this problem on Fabia elegance so are they different.

Yes the sensors on the vRS are specific only to that model. Something to do with the bumper design id expect. They seem to be a two piece unit; a clip that sits in the bumper that the sensor sits in. Personally think they look a bit carp and the design inherrently allows for greater water ingress and disturbance. The normal Ocatvias get the neater 1 piece unit like the Fabias.

Had rear PDC on the Fabia vRS estate and not once in 18 months did they false alarm.

@biggy7 cheers mate, I dont think there is anything better out there for the money. Youd have to pay mid 30s for a similar spec A4 avant so can forgive its minor ills for the 15k saving!

Im never going to dispute that the TSi isnt the better car overall but as standard given how close they are performance wise the considerably better fuel economy and cheaper tax just cant be ignored IMO. The downfall of the TSi engines is that if used as nature intended they are extremely thirsty; my Fabia would rarely better late 30s mpg if driven gently and would rarely break 300 miles to a tank; Octy is doing nearly 500 with only 1k on the clock....its a big difference not feeling like youre spending half your life filling up with fuel!

• Like 1

Apart from crap paint on the wheel arches which im having a bit of a mare to get sorted then I'm enjoying new car ownership. Mines upto 6700 miles now since i got it in october.

It was either a blackline or a new 2.0 tdci Focus TitX. Glad I went with the skoda so far.

Anyone know why Skoda didn't make a petrol version of the Blackline?

Possibly because they would sell better and help shift all the old gear not going in new one they had in stock. It's good to see that most are having a great positive experience with they new cars. Long may it last! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Anyone know why Skoda didn't make a petrol version of the Blackline?

Maybe because they either had more CR170 lumps to get rid of and want the TSI engines for something else or (SUK) thought that the TSI vesion might not sell so well due to lower mpg/higher VED in the current economic climate. Either way what ever the reason no doubt someone got paid a fair packet to do the research behind the decision... or do you think it was 'heads or tails!'

Only problem I've had with mine is with the passengers (mostly SWMBO) dragging their feet across the top of the door sills when they get in and out :wall:

Best bits for me is the torque wave that makes real world overtakes a bit of a giggle and rubbing it in to SWMBO that I get more MPG than she does from her 1.9PD :thumbup:

Worst bit is I've never been so obsessed about keeping a car clean-boardering on bikeitus- deffo cleaning required beyond my capabilities :giggle:

Not too keen on what ever it is the wheel arch inner liners are made of- why arn't they plastic so the crud washes off more easily? and I miss the MFSW for the non-phone controls

Oil consumption 250ml in 1500 miles maxidot ave 48mpg

still find it difficult to believe it was under £18.5k

• Like 1

Diesels seem to be more desirable and have better residual values than the petrol. Dont get me wrong the petrol is outrightly a better steer im sure but given its not a great deal quicker and can get nowhere near the average MPG of the diesel its little wonder thats the case.

Im actually amazed how much better the CR 170 is than the 140, on paper there doesnt seem alot in it but real world its way more powerful and flexible IMO

Apart from crap paint on the wheel arches which im having a bit of a mare to get sorted then I'm enjoying new car ownership.

can you give more details of this? I noticed paint coming away on the inside of the rear bumper arch on mine, is this what you mean? I was going to leave mine unless it effects the outside..Mark.

Mines exactly the same. It was just the interior and I wasn't going to bigger with it. It has made its way onto the lip now so I want to get it sorted. Apparently its normal wear and tear. Ill let you know how I get on with Skoda.

ha ha normal wear and tear? my car has 1800 miles on it, I would not expect that to happen for a long time!! please let us know the outcome :)

flaking paint is nothing more than bad preparation prior to paint, I bet if they were to correct it they would make more mess than how it looks now (paint on liners etc..), I like to keep my arches immaculate and regular clean to stop build up of crap.

I shall let you know. I need to get outside and take some more photos when the light is better. I don't like being fobbed off and I feel like I am being in this case.

Had mine since October, done 6,500 miles, all good. Not quite got the poke of the petrol, but I'm filling up every fortnight and not weekly so its a price worth paying. I'd noticed the wheel centres are delaminating too, I'll get them sorted at first service. Parking sensors play up occasionally but a quick wipe over sorts that. Just need to get the annoying Alex Lawrie sticker off the back window so I can put my "Isle of Man Road Races" strip there instead :happy:

• Like 1

Had mine since October, not done too many miles as I had been cycling into work, then broke my leg, but been driving again in the last few weeks. Perhaps done about 2000 miles so far.

Love it to bits, my best car ever. I have the estate its supremely practical medium size in terms of handling and parking etc, but plenty of room for a family of four and a missive boot which can easily swallow a bike! I have been getting about 45/50mpg (according to the display), it rarely needs filling up, its got all the poke I could wish for with out it costing me in terms of fuel, tax, insurance,

I have had the reverse park sensor issue, definitely a problem in the very wet weather we have had, a wipe kitchen towel solves it. Also noticed the drivers seat belt knocking on the trim. Easily picked up scratches on the rear bumper paint work, its seem soft, added a plastic protector.

The build quality seems good, loads of useful storage inside, inc under passenger seat, behind rear seats, door compartments that hold full size bottles.

Amunsden+ is a joy to use, simple, but works - I would specify it on any car if it was a choice.

The biggest issue is my Mrs had taken a liking to using it!!! Which is odd, as when I told her I was getting a Skoda she almost killed me ;) but she really likes the drive and feel of it.

Its been so good I would recommend and consider another Skoda.

• Like 1