Anti mooing kit. Unavailable?

Hi all. Mooing on my vRS is now driving me mad. Chamfered the pads, tried Sharan springs etc etc and have now decided to buy the Skoda kit.

However, armed with the part no (1J0698998) i have been told by the dealer at Forest Gate London that there is no longer any listing for this kit.

So. Does anyone know where to get the kit from, or which Vw cars (there is a main dealer close by) had the same update available along with the respective part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Hi all. Mooing on my vRS is now driving me mad. Chamfered the pads, tried Sharan springs etc etc and have now decided to buy the Skoda kit.

However, armed with the part no (1J0698998) i have been told by the dealer at Forest Gate London that there is no longer any listing for this kit.

So. Does anyone know where to get the kit from, or which Vw cars (there is a main dealer close by) had the same update available along with the respective part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Have you tried TPS ?

Radiotwo

Zafiras use a very similar weight. Mk3 Mondeos use a type that is pretty much the same size (by eye anyway) but is the round weight only

Thats interesting. Does that mean ALL model variations of the Zafira have the counterbalance. Thats the first time i've heard of that on the Briskoda forums. That could be the answer as i'm not adverse to a little bit of fettling to make something fit. I shall look into that. If it is a common part on the Zafira then a breakers yard would do the trick at a fraction of the cost of the Skoda part. I just can't understand why no-one else has picked up on this Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Lots of cars have the weights, it was just VAG cheaping out on it. Really you would have to measure and weigh the skoda one then compare it to others rather the pot luck method

I found this out talking to my mechanic around 2 years ago and posted on here, no one else has followed it up.

I'd say go for it, mine are mounted the way I describe and are fine

To be fair it's quite loud and sounds retarded so you don't have to do much reversing for it to get annoying.

Thank you.

I have a freind with a vRS of similar vintage and he has the same problem but it is nowhere NEAR as bad as mine. The resonance some days can be VERY loud and VERY obtrusive And the issue is made even more embarrasing by the fact that most people who have no interest in cars or are easily influenced by common misconceptions, hear the car making such a racket, see the badge, and, incorrectly confirm to themselves and those around that Skodas really are a pile of usless crap.

Can never understand these Anti mooing threads, how much reversing do some members do???

I can see your point but unfortunately i can't help but want the car to be as sweet as possible and without any issues at all. I am also a little OCD about completely irrelevant things like setting all the air vents symetrically and putting the rear seatbelts in their holders when the kids aren't in the car. Its just me and i know that others couldn't care less about these small issues.

For example, the drivers window switch will only work on the one shot mode so it will soon be changed - some would say a pointless execise as it still does the job perfectly ok.

Don't get me wrong, i'm certainly not a polisher and am not adverse to caning the living daylights out of the car when the fancy takes me but I just want the car to be as faultless as is possible.

• Like 1

Can never understand these Anti mooing threads, how much reversing do some members do???

i can never understand people who can "never understand anti mooing threads"

The fact we spend most time going forward is irrelevant, the point we do go in reverse and the car sounds like a crazed cow is enough for me to fix the issue. Mine was dam embarrassing and also did it going forward after reversing as it got so bad.

Now with the kit fitted I don't have to mess with hand brake to stop the stupid sound.

simple really..

Quite a bit personally, up to 40 stops a day for me which involve parking.

Mine tend only to moo when just washed or first thing in the morning. Never used too though !!

I can see your point but unfortunately i can't help but want the car to be as sweet as possible and without any issues at all. I am also a little OCD about completely irrelevant things like setting all the air vents symetrically

I hear ya.

I have to have all of the switches for the stereo lined up centrally (I only ever use the steering wheel for volume control, never the buttons), and the 12V socket cover lined up so I can read the letters from the drivers seat (i.e. not upside down or at an angle).

Yes, it's OCD, but I don't care..................

I hear ya.

I have to have all of the switches for the stereo lined up centrally (I only ever use the steering wheel for volume control, never the buttons), and the 12V socket cover lined up so I can read the letters from the drivers seat (i.e. not upside down or at an angle).

Yes, it's OCD, but I don't care..................

:rofl:

What about a new topic?

Subject? OCD of course (Octavia Compulsive Disorder).