Collected my new car. Colour question?

Hello one and all,

I'm slightly confused, I collected my new car today and it is meant to be the same colour as my previous. However as you can see its clearly not the same shade.

Colour in question is steel grey, did they vary in shade from year to year as it is very different. I do like the colour, I actually prefer it to the darker version but would just like clear up exactly what it is.

post-8708-0-38754500-1362230153_thumb.jpg

The 61 reg looks like to me like Anthracite, same colour as mine, believed it was no longer offered as a standard/option colour. The 13 reg looks indeed like Steel Grey as is one of our company 1.4 TSI's.

I don't think that the Steel Grey is promoted as the 'same' in substitute for the discontinued Anthracite, but I guess it could be argued as an 'alternative'.

• Like 2

I think greybeard is right, old car is anthracite, new one is steel grey.

+1

How long have you been driving an Anthracite vRS thinking it was Steel Grey? :giggle:

• Like 1

+1

How long have you been driving an Anthracite vRS thinking it was Steel Grey? :giggle:

haha, that's pretty embarrassing. I got it Nov 2011 and was told it was steel grey by the dealer. So thought I'd order the new car in the same colour as we liked it. When I saw it I thought, hang on. That's a completely different colour! Now I know it looked different because it is different! What a plonker!

What a plonker!

Far from it! You've been driving a vRS for over a year in one of the best colours and now you have a new one in an even nicer colour.

I read on the Octavia MkIII forum that Race Blue is available on non-vRS models now which I reckon is a mistake.

That's now makes Steel Grey the new best vRS colour in my eyes!

• Like 1

Far from it! You've been driving a vRS for over a year in one of the best colours and now you have a new one in an even nicer colour.

I read on the Octavia MkIII forum that Race Blue is available on non-vRS models now which I reckon is a mistake.

That's now makes Steel Grey the new best vRS colour in my eyes!

Agreed. Think it'll be the colour for me if I get my mitts on a mk3. Think green or yellow will be the sender exclusive colour

Love the Steel Grey. Would have had my estate in that colour had it been available for the vRS in 2010.

Edited by dunc69

As a driver of a vRS in Anthracite there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that is the colour of the 61 plate car in the picture.

Personally I prefer Anthracite over Steel. Steel was released about 6 months after I got my car and I was a little worried that I'd missed out on the newer colour. In the flesh I preferred the one I'd gone for.

Not that I've got anything against Steel - I just prefer the Anthracite.

• Like 1

As a driver of a vRS in Anthracite there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that is the colour of the 61 plate car in the picture.

Personally I prefer Anthracite over Steel. Steel was released about 6 months after I got my car and I was a little worried that I'd missed out on the newer colour. In the flesh I preferred the one I'd gone for.

Not that I've got anything against Steel - I just prefer the Anthracite.

+1 but as you say nothing against the Steel Grey, purely matter for personal preference.

Dunno if I've seen a steel grey in the flesh - but anthracite is an awesome colour. Not sure it quite topples the mighty race blue from 1st place in the 'best colour for a VRS' table but its close.......

It can't knock blue from the top.... White did that ages ago :)

All our white ones have yellow stripes along the sides. They have a bit of blue as well but its the lights on the roof ;)

• Like 1

Thought I would add a little picture of it from the side too :evil:

post-8708-0-06232800-1363110505_thumb.jpg

That looks fantastic. Steel grey against the black is spot on.

If it were mine I'd go for gloss black mirrors to match the wheels and make it lower too.

:)