finally finished my FMIC pipework :-)

Some of u may know from my build thread.. i have fitted a universal "Toyosport" FMIC to my fabia... around 6 months ago...

.. and only just got round to piping it in this week :D

Anyway for those who havent already seen it on instagram @M9YTY... heres the pics

IMG_20130304_202531.jpg

IMG_20130304_183433.jpg

IMG_20130304_181528.jpg

IMG_20130304_183652.jpg

IMG_20130304_183018.jpg

IMG_20130304_183345.jpg

IMG_20130304_183130.jpg

The bumper fits back fine.. i have modified the inside around thr fog lights etc..

When the bumper is on the pipe to the turbo is no lower than the bumper + the LCR splitter is lower..

Iv managed to keep the pass foglight + both foglight surrounds but unfortunatly not the drivers foglight :(..

The front bumper is currently getting smoothed so im thinkin i will run my short numberplate where the drivers fog should be.. ?? Cant find any legal issues in the MOT guidelines or via google.. it will be a solid plate.. mounted on the front bumper..forward facing ;)..

Nice work mate. Strange about the drivers fog your pipe work looks closer in to the centre than mine, i think your cooler is further forward though. I want to get mine hard piped as much as i can now.

I know i really wanted to keep both the fogs but the lad who welded it said it couldnt be done.. :(

I could use a dark laminex tint on both the fogs so u cant see the bulbs then chop the back off the drivers one so it looks semetrical but the drivers wouldnt have a bulb lol :D

Lol ^^ i had to cut it twice because it was sat too far forward so by time i had dun it 2nd time i was out of patience + cutting discs :D.. might tidy it up n powdercoat it at a later date or jus buy an ibiza one so i wont have to cut it as much...

..but for now im happy :).. will get pics up with bumper when its finished

• 2 months later...

IMG_20130304_183345.jpg

Hi there, I wonder if you can help us out. My lower boost pipe keeps falling off at the moment, I wanted to know what pipe work or fittings you needed after the 90 degree bend back on the turbo.

I'm currently running the FMIC from Seat Sport and may do a halfway house conversion to this

Thanks,

Mo

Edited by muddin2002

The ash hose you have at your egr delete is that the standard 150mm 90degree hose they sell on there website bud as I have the bot engine and want to remove the asv and connect a hose straight to my delete but wasn't sure if the ash 1 would be long enough cheers

IMG_20130304_183345.jpg

Hi there, I wonder if you can help us out. My lower boost pipe keeps falling off at the moment, I wanted to know what pipe work or fittings you needed after the 90 degree bend back on the turbo.

I'm currently running the FMIC from Seat Sport and may do a halfway house conversion to this

Thanks,

Mo

I used a darkside adapter that clips straight into the turbo.. it is the same fitment as a standard one but with the restricted hole bigger (less restrictive)..

But u can easily use the one that comes in your factory pipework.. the rubber hose is a reducer from 57mm to 42mm iirc.. the smaller end obviously goes on the turbo :)

The ash hose you have at your egr delete is that the standard 150mm 90degree hose they sell on there website bud as I have the bot engine and want to remove the asv and connect a hose straight to my delete but wasn't sure if the ash 1 would be long enough cheers

Its a standard 57mm 90º bend..

Def long enough. If anything u might want to make it shorter ;)

• Like 1

I used a darkside adapter that clips straight into the turbo.. it is the same fitment as a standard one but with the restricted hole bigger (less restrictive)..

But u can easily use the one that comes in your factory pipework.. the rubber hose is a reducer from 57mm to 42mm iirc.. the smaller end obviously goes on the turbo :)

Thanks for your help on this, the elbow on this pic. Is that connecting onto the turbo?

Thanks for your help on this, the elbow on this pic. Is that connecting onto the turbo?

Yes. The red sylicone hose goes directly onto the turbo (using the connector in your original hose ;) )

• 1 month later...

Yes. The red sylicone hose goes directly onto the turbo (using the connector in your original hose ;) )

thanks for your help, as you can tell from the questions i havent got a clue what im doing! ive replaced the pipework now but that 90 degree elbow has split twice. do you do any track days with your fabia?

thanks for your help, as you can tell from the questions i havent got a clue what im doing! ive replaced the pipework now but that 90 degree elbow has split twice. do you do any track days with your fabia?

I dont do track days in the bus...

Have u checked the hose isnt touching the chassis causing it to split.. or even if its close to tge chassis/ sump.. because the hose will expand under boost + if its close when not boosting chances are its touching/ rubbing when boosting causing it to split.. or is there hot oil leaking onto it?

Edited by mattvrestate