OEM Bluetooth - Teething probs

I was up at Shark (Stage 1 - V/Nice too) on Saturday & whilst I was there we tried to install he OEM module. It was installed but the VCDS came up with an error of - Open mic in curcuit (see below).

Control Module 7P6 035 730 L

Software coding 0200000000010110

ASAM data set EV_UHVNA 002720 (SK35)

VCID 3B7EE310B275D7C69A7

1 Fault found

B1048 13 [009] - Open Curcuit

Confirmed - Tested Since Memery clear

Fault status 000000001

Fault priority 4

Fault freq 1

Reset counter 108

The meant everything seemed to work except my mic!

We then took the kit out assuming it was faulty, I contacted the seller who advised to the contrary (see below) :

The reason you have an open mic circuit is because you do not have RNS510, these kits are designed for voice control which only the 510's have. What you need to do is bypass the mic wires on the loom (+ to +, - to -) if you have an RCD unit so that the mic will complete its curciut, really easy we come across this 5 times a week.

Firstly has anyone else had this issue & if so I dont fully understand the process given above. Does anyone have a before & after shot of this (Grizzle) I understand you had something like this recently, can you assist?

Second noticable glitch is my phone book is all good but my numbers seem to have quite a lot of odd characters either side it, can this be fixed - is it a simple coding issue?

Last one, Bluetooth streaming is very very quite, full volume is required to hear the music (even with my phone on full volume too). Comes uip as BT-Audio but I cant see how to tweak this one, does anyone know how?

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Mark

Further to the above also when I call there is no audible sound yet the call does go through, as my wife came outside & said what are you doing I keep geting calls from you - made me chuckle. I've not tested incoming calls yet sao can't say wether that has sound issues.

On the mic short, you haven't screwed the light fixing screw back in through the mic wiring have you? I did this causing a similar issue!!

Adam

On the mic short, you haven't screwed the light fixing screw back in through the mic wiring have you? I did this causing a similar issue!!

Adam

Deffinately not, the wire was not routed, just sat on the passenger seat with the head unit out. In its most basic set up really.

Just checking it was working before I route in.

Were did you buy the kit from? and did you get a loom with it??

Like this http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2648

Hi,

Yeah pretty sure I did. I bought this kit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271015844153?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Does it look any different to what you suggested?

Mark

on the loom there should be two whiteish clear plugs swap them around, i had the same thing then swapped them around and it worked.

The BT streaming i have no idea other than maybe check the volume on your phone is up.

I have an RNS510 so might be different.

on the loom there should be two whiteish clear plugs swap them around, i had the same thing then swapped them around and it worked.

The BT streaming i have no idea other than maybe check the volume on your phone is up.

I have an RNS510 so might be different.

I appreciate your help, I'll check when I get home. Is it this end or the other or does it not matter. Also how does it come out easy or do i need to know how to & if so how do I do it?

I noticed in your post you had a 'how to' picture sent you. Do you still have this at all?

post-73279-0-49466900-1362998424_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

I'm assuming this little white plugs are normally hidden within the fabric around the loom & I need to take the fabric off? Sorry for the stupid question but thanks for bearing with me on this one.

Mine wasnt covered over with fabric but the wiring going to it was and i had to cut some of the fabric tape back a little to get movement in the plugs, be ULTRA careful take your time there is no rush to do it.

Grizzle is correct, I did the same. Wired it the wrong way around first time and got the issues you had.

Again not sure on the Bluetooth streaming front, mine is very loud on this as long as the phone volume on music is up high.

If it is a similar loom to the one I had and it seems those above, there are two ways that you can wire the mic hence the white plug / socket sets.

The mic cable comes down and it presented on a plug (or socket can't remember which way round now), if you have a Columbus this needs to be plugged into the connector that goes towards the head unit, then the other two plugged together, if you do not have a Columbus it plugs into the connector that goes to the quad lock socket that the existing car loom plugs into.

The connectors are there so that with a Columbus you can send the mic via the Sat Nav, in the case of a Bolero it needs to go straight to the bluetooth module.

It's been a while but there may be a level setting for the BT Audio somewhere in the setup, I didn't have the Bolero in the car long enough with the BT module to test BT Streaming.

I would check that the BT Module coding is correct for the language etc in VCDS and go from there with the phonebook issue.

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

its on the middle of the loom that you got in the kit

004-16.jpg

The two white plugs seen here ^^ try swapping them around

Grizzle,

I took a punt & ordered this loom from car systems & it works a treat now - fortunatley it was set up ok when I plugged it in too. Just trying to figure out how to get the additional loom/quadlock tucked away behind the head unit. I've been advised to gain acces from the above cubby hole & put the wire into the left hand corner. It seems a tough job but I assume we've all had to do this to get there.

I will give this a go & hopefully i'll be done :whew: , I see a few more cuts coming to my hands - no pain no gain eh...

I'd like to thank: Styler67, KBPhoto, Mikeholroyd & GTI Jazz Blue & Grizzle for their assistance along the way with my messages on & off this post. Great to have so much knowledge to tap into. Makes this site worth it's weight in gold.

Mark

• Like 1

It's fiddly to get the extra loom in - but removing the upper storage cubby hole gives you the access to fit it all back in again. :whew:

Let my know by text if you need a VCDS session.

Paul

yeh remove the top storage box it is tight but do-able, just becareful of any wiring coming loose.

Is it possible to disconnect the hazard wiring/connector as the box does get in the way when fiddling around?

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

It is.

There is a clip at the top of the connector which then pulls out of the switch.

The hazard switch then can pop out.

Easiest way to get it back is to pass the connector through the hole and connect to the switch before pressing the switch back into the hole.

HTH

Well the H/Uint is back in & the additional cables tucked away snuggly behind the unit, Can I just say if anyone is thinking about doing this then I would highly recommend it & it's not too tough.

The time consumming bit for me was putting the head unit in as the additional wires make it snug, to say the least! I chose to put the BT module behind my heater control panel (for just ease - you need to hacksaw of the 3 mountings to do this) & the wiring of the mic was the simplest bit.

I managed to thread it through using a long thin piece of wood (access from fuse area) tape the mic loom & pull it through, up the pillar (after pulling off the trim) & tucked it under the front of the headlining where the windscreen meets the lining. Then simply removed the light fitting & the vanity mirror & just pulled the mic cable to get the cable in a bit more. Job done.

One happy briskodian & my left hand is showing the signs for it, covered in loads of little cuts/scratches from getting those cables in place behind the stereo.

• Like 1

Wel done. Is it all fully operational now?

All ok except the phonebook issue, that said I can pre-program a handful of numbers on the front screen ok, my missed calls & dailed works fine for callbacks & I can use it just fine on the maxidot. I can also stream music & p/casts just fine, so i'm very happy.

My head unit is the issue Karl. Styler advised me the 1Z0 035 156 F Blaupunkt (what I have & he had) does this phonebook thing & the slightly newer 1Z0 035 156 M, Delphi doesn't have this issue. Just the luck of the draw sometimes :think: .

Once again thanks for your help, what next...... :giggle: