FELICIA/FAVORIT APPRECIATION THREAD

Have you got any interior shots? It looks a bit beige from the little I can see through the windows.

• 1 month later...

a4umuzyz.jpg

This is my old girl. Just before it got garaged for the past 2 years. Man that thing had a wicked shine for a old car! Still get it out to clean the garage dust off.

Beautiful car! I have the same one but struggling to find a de badged front panel. where did you get yours? tried ebay, gumtree and just searching but cant seem to find one.

cheers

Phil

Beautiful car! I have the same one but struggling to find a de badged front panel. where did you get yours? tried ebay, gumtree and just searching but cant seem to find one.

cheers

Phil

Hi Phil. I done that myself, I followed a guide on here about how to do it. You probably will find it very hard to get one already done.

And thank you for the compliment, the cars currently up for sale as I can't run two cars. I'll be making a for sale thread very soon.

• Like 1

Hi Phil. I done that myself, I followed a guide on here about how to do it. You probably will find it very hard to get one already done.

And thank you for the compliment, the cars currently up for sale as I can't run two cars. I'll be making a for sale thread very soon.

Oh really? ill have a wee look for the thread cause I like the de badged look!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello Omar, can you tell us more about the engine? I can see Toyota on it but it looks very compact. What size is it? How easy was the swap and does it include the gearbox as the gearstick I can see in the interior picture doesn't look standard either.

Hello Omar, can you tell us more about the engine? I can see Toyota on it but it looks very compact. What size is it? How easy was the swap and does it include the gearbox as the gearstick I can see in the interior picture doesn't look standard either.

Sure ...

This engine is from Toyota Glanza V it's 4e-fte 1.3L turbo charged engine

The following link is for engine full specifications from Ehow site

http://www.ehow.com/list_7491981_4efte-engine-specifications.html

Okay about my swap it was a little bit difficult to be honest because I make custom mounts without making major modification in Felicia engine bay I make only three 8mm hole's in gearbox side & four hole's in the chassis in other side to fit engine mount & luckily Skoda rear gearbox mount fit in Toyota gearbox after lengthened with spacer

Ohh yeah I remove the rear seat heater duct to place gearbox stick mechanism & make small slot in car floor to pass shifter cable's

Sorry if somehow my english is bad

Edited by Omar Sako
  • Like 2

Okay, that sounds interesting. You could do with a decent set of wheels to handle all the extra power. The standard wheels can barely handle the power of the original engine. Or maybe the roads in Jordan are all straight.

Dont worry there's nothing wrong with your English. I'm often amazed when we get people on here from all over the world talking to each other in English when it's not your first language.

Also, that looks like an Opel Ascona behind your car in the last picture. I haven't seen one of those for years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, that sounds interesting. You could do with a decent set of wheels to handle all the extra power. The standard wheels can barely handle the power of the original engine. Or maybe the roads in Jordan are all straight.

Dont worry there's nothing wrong with your English. I'm often amazed when we get people on here from all over the world talking to each other in English when it's not your first language.

Also, that looks like an Opel Ascona behind your car in the last picture. I haven't seen one of those for years.

Mr yoss

Sorry for late  ...

I'm planing to change the original wheels with bbs 15-inch rim's with 195/50 tire's sit .

I like the car when it's look like standard and had aggressive engine on it most of Jordanian people do body modification with big rim's and keep engine standard , that was the main Idea .

Note that most of the road's in jordan are corners and mountains .

hhhhhh you could recognize my brother's favorite 1976  Opel Ascona B ...?

Hi Omar, I have 195/50 15s on mine and they work well. Are the BBS wheels like the VW Golf ones? That sounds good, they will improve handling greatly but still look sort of original. Or at least they will suit the age of the car.

Be good to see some pictures when you do.

First time posting here, been following the forum for quite some time now. Here's our nev erending project, a 2001 1.3 MPI Felicia.

JGLzXqa.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum. So why is it a never ending project? Is it standard apart from the wheels?

Hi, welcome to the forum. So why is it a never ending project? Is it standard apart from the wheels?

Well, it seems never ending because either the better half or myself always find something that needs fixing up or modifying. Mostly stock, camshaft and all-iron pushrods are the biggest modifications. We're actually planning on going for a road trip across Europe this summer so I think we'll stop by at Engitec and get something more drastic done there.

Going to paint the wheels ASAP because the fuschia-ish color is really horrible.

All iron pushrods? What are the standards ones made of. I don't have pushrods on mine being a 1.6 but my Triumph is a 1300 ohv with pushrods so I'm quite familiar (it's not a particularly reliable engine and I drive it hard so I have to take it apart quite a lot). Mine are steel but you can buy hollow tubular ones from various tuning places the idea being they are both stronger and lighter but I think the performance advantage would be minimal.

And the camshaft? I didn't know you get hot cams for our engines.

All iron pushrods? What are the standards ones made of. I don't have pushrods on mine being a 1.6 but my Triumph is a 1300 ohv with pushrods so I'm quite familiar (it's not a particularly reliable engine and I drive it hard so I have to take it apart quite a lot). Mine are steel but you can buy hollow tubular ones from various tuning places the idea being they are both stronger and lighter but I think the performance advantage would be minimal.

And the camshaft? I didn't know you get hot cams for our engines.

On the 1.3 MPI the inlet pushrods are aluminum. Supposedly they reduce valve train chatter in colder climates. The camshaft has been reground by a friend of mine who owns a car workshop and drives F-segment rally.

Engitec also does custom camshafts that aren't all that expensive.

• Like 1

Well, I never new that. Is that just for colder climates I wonder or on all cars. Good luck with the project. What colour are you going to paint the wheels?

post-114994-0-85001900-1461356750_thumb.jpgpost-114994-0-60603800-1461356752_thumb.jpgpost-114994-0-04237300-1461356755_thumb.jpgpost-114994-0-73619300-1461356756_thumb.jpgpost-114994-0-29042800-1461356758_thumb.jpg

this is my lovely 1.3lx carburated felly, which i greatly take care of. most of the work on it done myself including last project was strip down and rebuild of the carburator as shown in pictures :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...