What're we all doing this weekend?

Frenchtone

Went to a VW up owners meeting yesterday in the Yeti. Long story as to why it happened, but wife's new up is stuck in garage as one of the side wires snapped last week, and new one had to be ordered from Germany.....and before you ask, garage repair man advised against trying to open manually so respected his professional advise. Anyway, turned up in the Yeti and the VW boys loved it as they had not really seen one up close. How many times have we heard that before?

• Like 1

My efforts a little boring in comparisonto the rest of you lot, took the class m sailing yesterdAY, sunny cold day, but lots of puff, as with all occaisions like yesterday the French really know how to party, barbecue,wine spirits etc at lunchtime then the serious sail pm, as per normal the boat generated lots of ridicule, they use ripstop material with a slight aerofoil shape sewn in on fabrication , me, I use heavy weight draughting film, nits flat and tough, works well, showed some of 'em a thing or two!

However at the end of the session some of the mounting loops for the mast rings had failed, so today, cross legged ont' floor redoig 'em!

Good to say tho' this brittheld up his end in competition and , no I'm not going into the corner for that comment

• Like 3

999pooch - Silloth, the town that time forgot! My sister used to live there - got one of the widest main roads in the Country I reckon.

Yep thats the one! I'm actually staying at SWMBO sisters house on that street. Its very wide. You can see Scotland across the Solway Firth from her house.

My efforts a little boring in comparisonto the rest of you lot, took the class m sailing yesterdAY, sunny cold day, but lots of puff, as with all occaisions like yesterday the French really know how to party, barbecue,wine spirits etc at lunchtime then the serious sail pm, as per normal the boat generated lots of ridicule, they use ripstop material with a slight aerofoil shape sewn in on fabrication , me, I use heavy weight draughting film, nits flat and tough, works well, showed some of 'em a thing or two!

However at the end of the session some of the mounting loops for the mast rings had failed, so today, cross legged ont' floor redoig 'em!

Good to say tho' this brittheld up his end in competition and , no I'm not going into the corner for that comment

It's always good to read a post again when it initially seems odd - took me a couple of 'read throughs' to realize you're not a teacher taking a bunch of kids (Class M) sailing - it did make me wonder why the kids weren't at home tracking down the Easter Bunny! :giggle:

• Like 1

Lazy day yesterday, but I did clear some of the rubbish out of the car.

Bottle of Waen Brewery Festival Gold with dinner.

Bed at 2130.

Work today, and I've just worked out my roster for next year, so we can now start looking for a River Cruise.

Forgot to add re sails, ripstop sails - 100€+++ draughting film < 10€ , all adds to the reason for her name 'That'll Do'

Oh the edit suite on the site its a joke, won't ever work for me, need to re do the reply every time!

Lots and lots of this:

pumepu6u.jpg

2hrs Friday, 3 hrs Saturday, 2 hrs yesterday, 2 today, and a monster ride tomorrow; all around South Pembrokeshire. Bit of wedding location hunting this afternoon.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No, Tony, SWMBO has decreed that it will be abroad, and probably the Rhine with Viking River Cruises. They do one one the Seine, but it doesn't look very interesting.

We've done most of the navigable Severn on various canal holidays, and that certainly isn't very interesting!

Flipping train has just obliterated a pheasant outside the box, blood, feather and guts everywhere!!

Flipping train has just obliterated a pheasant outside the box, blood, feather and guts everywhere

That will be dinner taken care of then

Parayeti, that 'Duper Lane' looks a lot like the road/ track I used to live on in the Calder Valley, which is why I initially bought the Yeti, and also why I moved back home to Norfolk after being snowed in there several times over the last few winters. I spoke to one of my ex-neighbours on the phone the other day, and they're snowed in again.

That's a nice looking hill in the photo Bobdog. Does it have a name?

Flipping train has just obliterated a pheasant outside the box, blood, feather and guts everywhere

That will be dinner taken care of then

You must be joking!! At 80mph there is bug ger all left!!

a-spectacular-view-across-the-rhine-536234449.jpg

Spent alot of time in Germany, a cruise on the Rhine with a spot of wine tasting and maybe a beer festival would be fantastic... :happy:

Edited by looby

That's a nice looking hill in the photo Bobdog. Does it have a name?

The one opposite? Forgotten what it's called - the monument on the top is called Stoodley Pike and was built to commemorate the end of the Napoleonic wars. It's on (or close to) the Pennine Way and overlooks Todmorden and Hebden Bridge in the Calder Valley.

Aeons ago, used to do the council boundary of Tod with the Calder valley Rescue Assocn, a chum was a member and in summer it was a local 'must do' event.

Happy memories camping up on the fells with a sleeping bag and large piece of poly sheeting, creating a lean to against a dry stone wall, Lumbutts springs to mind, the Shoulder of Mutton had groups in the late 60's a good night out!

• Like 1

They used to walk right past our front door in Higher Eastwood. We often thought we should buy an urn and sell teas!

Bob you certainly lived out in the wilds up there.I lived in the Metropolises that is known as Halifax.Not so far from Peters favourite spot of Wainstalls

We have been over here 7 years and don,t regret moving one bit.

Tony

• Like 1

As you can probably tell its a slow day here in finistere, nothing happening on the Bay, just a large bulk carrier laid off for several days, waiting a berth in Brest, probably be gone tomorrow, regular occurence, also when there are strong winds/heavy seas etc!

Quelle domage!!

Always thought B/H's were freight free, but thats based on my dad who worked various boxes around Bury /Heywood 40's/50's I realise things change, progress etc!!