Fitting Citigo badges

Got my front and rear Citigo so going to fit them today

They look amazing compared to my old stale green part rusty looking badges lol

Anything to watch out for when removing it? Any advice gratefully appreciated although I appreciate its not rocket science, still useful not to damage the badge when removing it to keep as a spare perhaps

I was going to remove the front grill completely so I can bring it in to take a closer look - the rear I'm trying to incise/part the adhesive slightly then presumably just wrap a screwdriver in cloth and just pry it off carefully from different angles?

Also is it the concave on on the front, and the flat one on the back? Appears to be the best combination as I think they are both the same size aren't they

It helps if you warm the badge with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and put a nylon cord around to pull it off. The concave

for the front, flat for the back. I fitted Citigo badges to my Roomster and found that I had to snap off plastic pins on both new

badges. You may find that after removing rear badge you have two holes in the boot panel - mask off with tape to prevent

water ingress then fit badge, adhesive will hold without any locking pins. Hope this useful.

Thanks for the advice - you are joking they are doing Fabia ones ! I might have to swap these then

Dave do you know if they released a part number for them yet ?

They probably have but I don't know it. Email this guy, [email protected]

He's top notch, £14.99 each so no discount on list but I'm waiting even though the old ones are in a hagged state. Saves breaking off the pins and the front one having to be cut or placed over the recessed section of the grill.

(I should add, I didn't know they were doing them but he advised me saying that Fabia's MKII are just starting to come through with these badges, and they are an exact fit for the MK1)

Well I went ahead anyway....

Convex is perfect for the back, its now in place

It really needs the Fabia specific badge for the front, or another concave one,

as I had one of each and decided the back was best for that

So if you are going to do it with the Citigo badges, you are best with 2 concave (back) IMO although I will get away with it

I'm trying to exert some force and bend the badge a bit to become more convex, works to some degree, could probably use a bit of heat also which I haven't tried yet

What I did do, that most probably didn't, is actually with a 4mm or so bit, carefully drilled out the badges at the back at the precise location that the tabs were needed. I used a template and marked the edge of the badges to work out exactly where to drill for the tabs, which was coincidentally also just on the edge of where the adhesive begins

The tabs I snapped off I kept, using pliers made them a wee bit more angular to the front and superglued/forced them into the recess I had made where they worked perfectly which is also great for ensuring you line up the badge. Also means you can glue or melt them from the back of where they protude to add extra fixture for the badge.

Worst case scenario is having to get the front one as I'm not dead happy with that, but the front is perfect.

Pics tomorrow hopefully, once I work out the best way to fix the front as the adhesive doesn't seem to be at all suitable, due to how proud the badge is from the area it ought to stick to, as its too big

might need a glue melt on the centre of the badge or something.

I just poured boiling water straight out of the kettle onto mine and they came off quite easily using a flat head screw driver and a rag to prevent scratching... Instead of making the front badge fit into the recess I just sat it over the top of the recess which IMO, looks better .. Here's a pic :)ytyva9ap.jpg

So have I now. New style badges are cool...pics are at an odd angle but that cos I didn't want to look like too much of a tw*t taking pics of my own car in the street lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My mum has just bought a 13 plate Monte Carlo with these badges fitted. The front one is a 90mm but the rear is 80mm. 80mm is the size of the badges on the mk1 fabia. I'm going to pop in there and have a chat with them about it.

• Like 1

Can anyone give me the part numbers for the badges that fit the mk1 fabia? Cheers

Do you mean the 80 mm. new Skoda badge that sits on the back of a Skoda Fabia mrk2 from 2012..???

have seen no mk2 fabias around here with the new badges. they all have the older ones

Think the change over is recent or something 'extra' a few dealerships are doing. The style of the skoda and fabia lettering has changed too.