1st Northern Meet - The Pics

MonkeyHanger

Originally posted by sixtysixofonehundred in this post

Jimmy - any update on the "Vid"?

Hardware, Software and incompetent operator issues at the moment are delaying progress somewhat. However, as the whole edited version is 4.5Mb I plan to re-edit and post a series of clips (10 - 15 secs long each). These will be posted in a zip file so should be able to post a series of them without being bombed out.

Hopefully should have something by this weekend. Just had another thought that I might have some free webspace with my ISP so might be able to upload and post a link.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the late reply, guys, but just back on-line again.

Thanks for a good afternoon out, and sorry I held all your higher-powered beasts up. You definitely got me back on that last bit of the A689!!! :D

How 'bout that for a coincidence with the MX5's?? I wish I had a picture of the Corsa, I still smile every time a drive past one thinking about it.

And I think the children have recovered from their brief zero-G moment over that bump coming out of Allenheads. I wonder how the car would have coped with the Eibachs on?

I think my pics broadly replicate Geoff's, so I won't stress my measly 64k connection.

I'll definitely be there for the Saturday of the nat meet. I may be going up there the night before, but I look forward to seeing you there!!

Cheers all,

Garry,

I'm sure David Attenborough is lined up for a documentary on the wildlife on your bumper. From my experience with the stone, I wonder how many you also have embedded in your radiator??

Cheers,

Yep, I'm waiting with baited breath here for the video....

The rate you pick the flies up Garry, they'll be an endangered species soon!

Are you going to the Sept meet?

Cheers,

Hi all, sorry to barge you're thread but i just got a vRS and wouldnt mind meeting up with some other owners - a bit like yourselves by remarkable coincidence. When is the September meet? I'm away on hols from the 4th to the 19th, but if any other date, can i come to play?

If that was you in the fine looking red chariot, then yep :)

I turned round as quick as poss but couldn't see you when i got to the A66 so just HAD to blast back up the road in disappointment ;)

Regarding your other post - do you mean you want to meet up to wander down Wales way on the 20th? If so, that'd be great :)

PM me and we'll sort something out.

• 2 weeks later...

Right guys help needed. Due to holidays and general laziness I've only just got round to finally uploading the movie clips as promised. For now I've saved a total of 4-off separate clips duration about 10 secs or so and each one is about 200Kb. I've saved them as a zip file but STILL they're too big to upload separately into a post. Any suggestions????

On behalf of Jimmy, here's some (short) clips from our mad day on roads of the North-East..

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geoff.hubbert/NE%20Meet%20Vids/The%20Finger.WMV

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geoff.hubbert/NE%20Meet%20Vids/garry1.WMV

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geoff.hubbert/NE%20Meet%20Vids/geoff.WMV

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/geoff.hubbert/NE%20Meet%20Vids/jimmy2.WMV

Jimmy, if you have any bigger versions of this vid, maybe we could figure out a way to get them uploaded too ;)