1st Northern Meet - The Pics

MonkeyHanger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Geoff you certainly downloaded them quick - my engine's not yet cold. I've got some pretty good action shots and the video although shaky in places has some good footage. Garry's hand signals a pearler!! I'll have a go with the editing over the next few days but will need to wait until Tuesday to download the piccies. Need to use works mem card reader.

Nice to finally put a face to a few names and a big :thumbup: to Keith for volunteering to use the video camera.

Nearly forgot. Thoroughly enjoyed the roundabout action at the end. Anyone know where I can get some cheap tyres :D

I'm gonna check the diary and try and arrange to pop down at least for the Saturday anyway. I'll let you know and maybe we could organise another vRS 'convoy'. I'm sure Mark said he was going down for the Saturday aswell.

Was guite amusing that spoiler. Wasn't what you would call inconspicuous!! I'm glad we scared off the MX5 owners club would've lowered the tone of our refuelling stop. Think it was funny when that kid said to his Dad that there was a carpark full of Skodas - wonder what he must have been thinking when we roared off....

My thanks to Howard for organising a nice little tour of the beautiful area to the west of Newcastle and Durham :)

How's this for a coincidence...

We left the car park after the photo's above were taken and made our way south back towards Durham. Just a few miles after starting again, we passed a pub called the Cross Keys that had a couple of bikers sat outside by their bike. 30 seconds after we pass, my phone starts ringing. I answer the call only to be greeted by the cheery voice of "Lucky". "Can you keep the noise down as you go flying past the Cross Keys next time, please?", he says. It was only him and Lisa sat outside the pub with his Hyabusa!!!! Can you believe it???

To add to the points raised by my fellow "tourers":

1. Corsa looked crap - me and Keith nearly pi$$ed ourselves as a guy at work has a Honda CRX made up pretty much the same

2. Roundabouts are much more fun when taken sideways ;)

3. I was going to head down to Oulton Park on the Friday but could just as easily drive down in convoy on the Saturday morning

Nice to meet up with another couple of Briskodians.

Cheers all :D

Right guys. I managed to download the video last night and edit it (to a fashion) using windows movie maker hence it's a .WMV file. The quality isn't brill to limit the file size but does anyone have any suggestions how to upload as it's 4.5Mb as it is!!

I'm tinkering with the proper editing suite to get the really good quality version and if I'm feeling adventurous I might even add a soundtrack. This version I'll burn onto CD...

• Administrators

re your convoy for September...

Plan for wrexham area start. It's not there, but it's not far off.

If you want to come down the night before, there are a range of options, camping etc, hotel.

Saturday drive is 200+ miles, variations allowing for traffic and time, average is 5-6 hours, so factor that into any 5am start plans, of course you can do as much or as little as you like and then potter back to the "finish" point for a bevie. The other option is arrive and then passenger, start and end points are quite close so getting you back to your car is not a problem, although I suspect most will drive anyway :D

Great pics...

Colin, is it maybe worth updating/starting a new thread with a complete itenary for the meet? Ideally with links to camp-sites/hotels/b&b, etc for those that need a night? Being a newbie to the national meet it would make deciding what to go for/do on the days a whole lot easier.

Originally posted by Jimmy in this post

Right guys. I managed to download the video last night and edit it (to a fashion) using windows movie maker hence it's a .WMV file. The quality isn't brill to limit the file size but does anyone have any suggestions how to upload as it's 4.5Mb as it is!!

I'm tinkering with the proper editing suite to get the really good quality version and if I'm feeling adventurous I might even add a soundtrack. This version I'll burn onto CD...

Jimmy,

Not sure what sort of connection you're on mate, but i have cable here (1024k/s download, 256k/ upload) so if transfer speed is a problem, i'd be happy to help with "distribution" to anyone who needs it.

If i can access my bloody Ntl webspace i'd be happy to put it on there and post a URL on the forum for anyone who needs to download the video too :)