Help : Removing the Skoda badge from the front grill?

Hey guys, quick one...

My new 2004 fabia VRS looks good but the front grill skoda badge is corroded and faded. I want to take it off and put on a new shiny one (searching eBay for that). Just wanted to check how this is actually done as I don't want to damage the grill or bonnet!

Many thanks

I did this the other week. Used some 60lb breaking strain fishing line, etween the adge and the grill and 'sawed' through it. There's two locating pins but you can work around them then it'll pull off. Clean the crud off and Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's yer auntie.

• Like 1

I did this the other week. Used some 60lb breaking strain fishing line, etween the adge and the grill and 'sawed' through it. There's two locating pins but you can work around them then it'll pull off. Clean the crud off and Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's yer auntie.

Thank you, I will ask the father-in-law for some fishing line!

just to clarify you are sawing the adhesive between the badge and the car? Then pull the badge off? sorry , what did you use to stick the replacement on with?

Cheers! :happy:

Edited by Spike84

To be honest even a large screw driver will do the job just don't try and remove it all at once, just use it as a pry and work around the entirety of the badge and it will come off.

I found the plastic rivets at the back pop but you can re-glue the badge in place from the back anyway if you really want. I did mine using araldite so there is NO chance of anyone easily whipping off my new badges lol

Mind you I did have plastidip over my chrome so no concern of damaging it

Thats an expensive badge for standard, you could wait a bit and get the new style one for same money or citigo for even less, if you don't mind fidding the install a bit

I used an old credit card and slowly worked around.

this is my method :thumbup:

Although if you fancy something a bit more unique than the OEM badge i can get custom ones printed up (like the Autobot one in Adam_s avatar picture!)

Although if you fancy something a bit more unique than the OEM badge i can get custom ones printed up (like the Autobot one in Adam_s avatar picture!)

Quality badges from pasty boy!!!

Oh yes a hair dryer too to heat the glue. A Hello Kitty one which is my girlfriends... Got some funny looks using it!

LoL I used a hair dryer to remove my rear badges, you certainly do get some funny looks off people when your stood in the street blowing hot air at your car :D

Edited by Adam_
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the tips guys!

Hmmmm the possibilities!