06 Black Magic VRS

Fear

Well didnt think i would be doing a project thread but.... the bug has bitten once more :blush:

Picked up my VRS last June, was previously skinnymans on here!

Was very happy with the car and thought it would stay as it is as its a very capable car. Was always a couple of things i wanted to do tho, nothing huge but de chrome the front grille, new plain plates and give the saggy exhasut abit of a lift and just keep it clean:

vrsfrontside.jpgvrsside.jpgvrsrearback.jpgvrsfrt.jpg

In desperate need for better pics i know.

Ive not got a massive budget unfortunatly but will be upgrading a few parts along the way.

Upgraded the stereo & speakers:

2012_005.jpg

Wanted to get better stuff but to be honest for the price i cant complain!

Next up was a trip to the garage for:

- MOT

- Full Service, Fuel Filter, Oil Filter + Oil, Brake Fluid, Pollen Filter, Antifreeze

- Spark Plugs

- Cambelt & Waterpump change

- Both front complete with bushes wishbones replaced

- Both steering arms complete with both ends replaced

I hoped that a squeak i had would have been solved by this lot, but unfortunatly not so back the car went and this time had the FARB bushes replaced.

But still the squeak goes on, its definatly the FARB bushes so new clamps have been ordered and these have just dropped through the front door:

2012.jpg

So hopefully these will put a stop to the bloody squeak!

Car was booked in today to get these fitted but now next thurs as was getting some other parts fitted at the same time but they have been delayed, pics and update to follow later...........

• Like 1

CRAIGROBBO, fronts are 17.5cm and rears are 13cm, or 6.5" & 4".

Lloyd i cant knock them for the price, think it was £115 all in, does need a sub to probably make the best of them as they struggle with bass abit. Any suggestions on a cheap amp, sub combo?

Not a brizzle car, im in Shepton Mallet about 20miles away. So near enough.

group1rs, just had a look, thats a pretty good shout, the reviews are glowing! Will add that to the list :)

Little update:

The car was booked in today as described above to have the FARB bushes fitted, but these were also meant to be fitted:

2012_073.jpg

Got them off Luca couple of weeks ago and got them delivered to the garage as SWMBO doesnt know :think: So first time out the box today and thought bugger should have got them out sooner and cleaned them up as they were not budging! So found a little corner in the garage and armed with a wire brush and abit of spray lub i got to work and 45mins later they were adjusting freely and easily :happy:

But then i spotted something that probably isnt a problem but something i knew would annoy me, the 2nd black ring on both front bump stops are split. Now given the fact that all other front end bushes have been replaced and as you can see also in the box is new top mounts aswell i just couldnt bring myself to fit them with the split stops. So just about to email Weitec Uk to get some new bumpstops sent out and the car is now provisionally booked in next thursday to get them fitted, as long as the bumpstops arrive in time.

Abit annoying as i really wanted them fitted, but i would rather know that everything is done and done properly :happy:

Also if i can get time in the next week and without SWMBO noticing i can clean them up abit more and maybe even give them a lick of paint. But not to fussed about that to be honest!

Then the every growing list of things i want to replace with either 2nd hand parts or new/uprated:

• Ebay CAI and decent filter
  • Remap
  • Whiteline or similar RARB
  • Rear Parcel shelf(current has 6x9 holes due to removing them)
  • Boot floor carpet and plastics as abit scratched in places
  • Glove box as few scratches
  • And now the Alpine 8" active sub box :happy:

And things that i would like to do but will probably never have the funds for:

• 18" BBS CH's
  • Matching F & RARB's
  • Stage 2
  • Various Deletes in engine
  • TIP pipe and other engine hoses

This will be a slow burning project aswell as funds are limited at the best of times so its as and when :think:

• Like 2

Good enough mate..... Semi brizzle car :D

Oooo isnt it shepton mallet with a surviving little chef lol

You'll get there matey

Just come swipe my bits when im not looking ;)

I hate funds getting the better of car bits :(

Lloyd, no Little Chef here mate, Cider factory over the road tho :happy: Although i dont drink it :think:

If i thought i could get away with swiping some of your bits then i would be there! It will get there at some point!

Very tempted by the Alpine Sub now its on my radar, found it for £96 delivered! Just need a wiring kit, a cheap ebay kit do it you think?

Lloyd, no Little Chef here mate, Cider factory over the road tho :happy: Although i dont drink it :think:

If i thought i could get away with swiping some of your bits then i would be there! It will get there at some point!

Very tempted by the Alpine Sub now its on my radar, found it for £96 delivered! Just need a wiring kit, a cheap ebay kit do it you think?

You don't need a wiring kit it comes supplied in the box. You will be able to dial out the bass from your rear and door speakers and let the little sub handle the bass. Just purchase fit and enjoy.

Really, it comes with a wiring kit?! Awesome if it does! Couldn't see that it came with that!

Im not after heavy bass but exactly like you say i can dial it out on the speakers and get the best out of them as well then.

Looks like it will tuck into hole by cd changer aswell, obviously stick out but tuck away abit!

Thanks for the recommendations chaps :)

Ok its actually been closed down years lol

It was just thru temple cloud :D

Before the left to i think is midsummer norton or sumin lol

Beforeva hill that use to have a speed cam at the top :D

But either way ur car is cool :)

And will get cooler

You mean Farrington Gurney! Yeah been closed down for a year or 2 now!

That speed cam is long gone aswell, was cut down twice and burnt out twice, think they got the message and didnt replace it again :)

It will probably never be cool! But may get better! Just make sure you have locking wheel nuts :bandit:

Don't ask Lloyd to sort a price on a sub jeez.

Should've seen the things he was sending me the other day.............need a mortgage to pay for the bloody things lol.

Cars looking good ;)

• Like 1

SNH, this is very true Lloyd does have a taste for the finer things! But then so did i on previous cars so know how hard it is to not suggest better stuff! Unfortunatly i cant do that anymore :( damn mortgage!

But then it was Lloyd who pointed me towards the alpine speakers!!! And i listened to you on that Lloyd!

VRS-Steve, must be one of the last yeah, 18th March 2006, its odd when you see MK2's on 55 plates!

• Like 1

They seem ok, at the mo. But with the addition of the little sub i think they will be pretty good :)

Cant complain at the price!!! It would probably be the same cost as one of your crossovers :|

My speakers are stupid money

And tbh

I will say this..... Not on tour nelly would i pi55 it away like that again bud

Get ur lil sub

U can pop up the hpf on the stereo ( most alpines have them iirc )

It will sound neat mate :)

And not cost ears n arms

I'd do it different next time

:D hd 900/5 and c2s or c3s front and rear and a 10w6v3

Wu ha ha ha

£££££££££££££

No..... No i wouldnt

Id use a diddy jl xd700/5 and a w0v3 and c2s

Small amp

Funky not to silly speakers

And a tidy lil side build

That's exactly why im doing it as i am this time, because ive spent way too much in the past and probably not seem the real benefit of it!

IM all for quality gear, but it doesn't have to always come at a big cost :)

Will get the little sub ordered up soon i think, then once its here try and build into the boot to make sure it looks tidy!