06 Black Magic VRS

Fear

Not yet ordered the SUB yet as will try and convince someone to get it for me for my birthday :) But big thanks to Pete for the chat the other day and the recommendation :hi:

Coilover update:

got them back home and stashed away from SWMBO :whew:

got them apar this morning to see how well i could clean them up:

2012_076.jpg

So just had a bash at cleaning them up, springs have come up pretty good, i had thought about respraying them but i dont think its worth the effort as there is only a few areas at top and bottom of the springs were the paint has worn and tarnished.

Now i dont know if i should / can be arsed to spray the dampers, it would only be a blow over of hammerite direct to rust. But like i said not sure i can be arsed to wipe them down with some thinners and then spraying. Anyone used hammerite direct to rust? How easy is it to use?

The rears have only got abit or tarnishing here and there so will just leave them be.

Just waiting on an email back about the replacement bump stops, if i can get them here tomorrow or thursday morning then i will get the car in thursday to get them fitted :) If not it will be next week :(

• Like 1

So today was the day ive been waiting for :blush: Coilover fitting day!

Had to wait for the new bump stops to turn up first though:

2012_082.jpg

Just a slight difference :|

So off i went abit later than planned due to having to wait for the bump stops. So he said mid afternoon, i was abit worried as i wanted to get it adjusted before SWMBO got home just after 6!!!

So walked up at 4pm to get it.

Guessed at the height when setting them up and didnt end up too bad:

2012_084.jpg

Had a little play as was still not right:

2012_085.jpg

Pic shows the superpro ARB bushes aswell that will hopefully finally stop the damn squeak/creak!

and after abit of tinkering, and a heart stopping moment of the jack giving in on me :whew: ive ended up with this:

2012_087.jpg

Pictures are terrible i know and car is filthy but ran out of time and light!

Will see what the ride is like over the next few days, but first thoughts are its definatly firmer, but not harsh and a much better feel. Acceleration feels loads better due to no pitching aswell! I may raise it abit yet but not sure.

• Like 1

That is my drive/garage! Cant wait for the day i do have a drive or garage tho :(

And i know its not low as it is but this car is meant to be sensible :|

• 2 weeks later...

So been playing with the height as it was too low before, obviously some people will so that its not, but to me a Standard VRS looks wise needs to be nice and level. Too low and just doesnt sit right to me.

So raised abit and managed to get it washed:

2012_094.jpg

Looks abit high at the front there, will see how it goes, might go a turn lower on the front yet. THe difference in ride quality by being that little bit higher tho is quite alot!

And on a real plus point SWMBO hasnt said anything and she even took the mother in law out on saturday and still nothing was said :)

So pushed my luck and took advantage of halfords 3 fo 2 and bought this little lot and got it stashed away sharpish:

2012_095.jpg

Im no detailer and never will be, but always got on with Autoglym and the car is far from mint so all i want is abit of protection to make washing each time easier.

I was toying with the idea of pushing funds towards some BBS CH's but reality kicked in when i remembered the missus tax was due next week :(

But a few little things will appear hopefully over the next month :)

• Like 1

Love the bit about not letting the Mrs know about the coilovers, I did exactly the same thing and she still doesn't know which is a bit odd as she noticed when I fitted the rarb! :blink: lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ch reps still look yummy mate

And tbh

If u catch them your heart will still be working

You wont look such a girl crying in the street

Or u wont stuff the rest of the car in a hedge on the way home in a rat !!

In 18inch form they do the awesome staggard set

So 8 fronts 9 mmmmm rears

They will be et35 too so still easy to slam ;)

And all for like.... The price of one new genuine one

;)

Raf, she would do her nut if she found out how much ive spent recently :|

Lloyd, reps are an option, but i cant justify anything that is much more than replacing tyres. I might as well use up the last life in my tyres as spiders with octy size tyres are not really worth anymore than without any tyres.

I will keep an eye on ebay etc and if something comes up in the mean time i will get them if not review my options when new tyres are needed.

• Like 1

Well as above describes i was after some BBS chs, BUT these came up at a good price:

2012_097.jpg

In desperate need of a refurb!!! But they are genuine VW OZ and are all straight and just abit of flaking paint. oh and the car is stupid dirty!

I like them :)

Whats peoples thoughts?

• Like 1

Thanks Pete :)

How are you vredesteins performing? as they are gonna need re shoeing!

I'm very impressed with the Vredenstein tyres. Excellent safe grip in both wet and dry. Not to shabby on track either.

Yeah i know i should have Lloyd, first time i looked round i was to busy looking at nice motors and by time i looked up i was way past the brisky stand :|

Then we were going back to catch the drifting (although wouldn't have missed much if we had missed it) and then on way back you had gone.

Nevermind next event :) your beast did look sweet tho!!! I still was ch's :( but the R32s will get me by for now!

Pete, i think i may have to bite the bullet and splash out on the vredesteins!!! What finish do they call your wheels? They are super shiney :)