06 Black Magic VRS

Fear

I'll take some when I get a chance and put them up for you. Rubbing is just the tyre on inner edge of the metal arch ever so slightly and does hit the wheel arch plastics a far bit. At the weekend I had a gilera dna 50 scooter bike thing in the boot and it didn't rub, got the boot shut too!

On 2nd look at the couple of pics you have, i think You are lower at the rear than i am so hopefully no issues!

Some more pics will be great :)

The boots are so huge on these things, 4 x 18inch rims without tyres go in the boot without seats down!

The set of Audi wheels sold :(

So on the hunt for some more or something else.

Still trying to get some quotes to change the colour of the R32s in the meantime.

Update:

The R32's are growing on me :think: the colour really isnt what i wanted but because its abit different it makes it better in a way i think :wonder:

2013_138.jpg

2013_137.jpg

I think i would have learned to love them and been happy, but then after seeing this pic of Clarkyzs car....

2013_146.jpg

....... i have to have a set :love:

Sorry Clarkyzs for copying but they just look so damn good!!! Ive just got to have them!

In talks about a set that are freshly refurbed and hopefully in budget and available soon :happy:

Im thinking of doing the Grille Mesh mod as my grille is broken and i noticed a bottom grille was broken aswell the other day so may try them aswell. So please post pics of what mesh you have used :happy:

Funnily enough it had crossed my mind, i thought about keeping the R32s until i got q cheap quote to spray them anthracite/gunmetal and have them as a 2nd set/winters!

But then i thought, no that would be stupid as the audis are easily capable of surviving winter and i would have to get tyres swapped etc!

I will leave the wheel storage to you Lloyd!

Steve, the R32s don't look that big in real life just seem to in the pics! I think the audis would just tick all the boxes for me as they are 8x18 and lower offset. At the mo the R32s don't quite fill the width of the 225 tyre and still sit a little in the front arch, the extra width and offset will get them sitting right, although abit to much on the rears as clarkyzs says he gets rubbing! But i guess you cant have it all ways :(

• Like 1

You and me both !!!

I think i would keep the R32s if i hadn't of been for that pic :|

But after going through the hassle of refurbing these and getting quotes for refurbing split rims (double the price of non split rims:( ) in going to wait for a set in good condition to come up!

• 3 weeks later...

maybe...........................

ttrims.jpg

This was a quick trial fit. They have been sprayed on the faces so need abit of cleaning up on the insides and then tyres swapping!

Soooo glad i took the plunge! Although i have to say i really have completely u turned on the R32's! If i had room i would kep them as winters as they do really suit it and fit perfect!

Clarky you are right about the rears and the arches! Tight! Have you got one of the centre cap tools?

• Like 2

No I keep a big pair of water pump pliers and a bit of cloth to undo them in the boot of the car. Mine are pretty tatty already from the old owner but they were free so can't complain. I do need to find the correct tool though.

Pete has confirmed the above and is getting me the part number this week, cheer Pete :)

Probably get the tyres taken off on tuesday and so will clean the inside rims up and then clay polish and seal the whole wheels and then once done get the tyres swapped from the R32's!

Everytime i go outside now tho i look at the R32's and a little voice inside says will the TT rims look better? But then a quick look at the pic of them trial fitted muffles that voice!

Clarky, did you just get stick on skoda centres? Pete got genuine BBS ones for his but the cost i cant justify at the mo!

Had a look and didn't realise the chrome Audi rings came out!

Will get some ordered, but can get genuine bbs carbon caps not just stickers for £46 so that's tempting me!

Ive had enough of wheels now tho! After all the running about for the R32's, spent the morning getting the tyres taken off the spiders and swapping the spare tyre over.

Then need to package the spiders up for collection Thursday!

Then went back with the TT's and got the tyres taken off and dropped then over the road for the insides to be sprayed to match the refurbed fronts.

Still need to take the R32s off to get the center caps off. Then pick the TT's up Friday and polish and seal them, then get the tyres swapped from the R32's to the TT's and get the tyres that came off the TT's fitted to the R32's!

Then the R32's will need to be cleaned, and ebay off!

Only then will the TT's make it onto the car!!!

Still hopefully the look will make all the hassle worth it!

• 2 weeks later...

So after sooooooooooooo much faffing about will bloody wheels and tyres....................

2013_221.jpg

2013_226.jpg

2013_227.jpg

2013_225.jpg

2013_230.jpg

but they are not quite finished as the eagle eye will have noticed, so...........

chrome...

2013_224.jpg

or black...

2013_228.jpg

???

Also as i have mentioned i needed to get my hands on a tool to tighten the centre caps up! After searching online for ages it was clear that they are just not available, BBS dont make them anymore, jaguar dont have any in the country and none for sale 2nd hand.

So thought i would see if i could get one made, so popped up to a little engineering place up the road and left a cap with them and this is what ive got...

2013_231.jpg

2013_232.jpg

2013_233.jpg

Works perfectly :) and as they had the material lying around (hence the writing and holes) it was had for a very good price :)

On a slight downer im considering switching from the coilovers to H&R springs, reason being is when we go away we always like to go for abit of an explore of the beaten track. However this weekend showed that the coilovers are just to harsh for these kind of roads. Before it was just SWMBO that was annoyed with it but this weekend i found myself getting royally ****ed off with it as the roads we were on where pretty bumpy. All i can see happening is we will end up taking her little fiesta to avoid it and that defeats the object of having the VRS as it was to be a nice comfyish car to use on longer journeys and for me to enjoy when i had it to myself! I do enjoy the car when im on my own but if it doesnt do the other then its an expensive lump sat outside!

So have asked a fellow member to measure the ride height on H&Rs and 18s as i dont think that im running that low to be honest so hopefully can make the switch and gain a little bit of comfort back, obviously it still isnt going to be like standard but it will hopefully be improved!

I will more than likely go for the H&Rs as they are weighted correctly for the VRS and are only a slight drop, i don't want to go any lower on the back as it will rub.

What's the ride like on just springs?