Grounded vRS

Wife grounded our vRS pulling out of a car park, scrapped the underside of the front end, was just normal roads in town did not realise this was so easy to do. We are going to have to be well careful on country roads etc. Anyone have problems with speed bumps etc.

Not with speed humps, because after smashing a sump in darkest France (properly smashed, oil all over road) I am now always uber careful on humps, and the like.

Don't know how the coily contingent manage - maybe they only go to the local carpark?

must have been a pretty steep angle.

My vrs has only scraped the tow bar on a really steep car park entrance in bristol (broadmead for those farmiliar with the area). Never scraped the actual bumpers etc and I carry 30kg of battery in the boot all the time lol

Never really had grounding problems with mine, apart from really rough ground.

Have you had a good look underneath? Could be something is hanging off that shouldn't be. If the plastic panel beneath the engine is damaged or missing screws it could be sitting a bit lower than it should.

Surly that is a divorceable offence? :@ Some angle to be catching car, stock suspension looks like a tractor on VRS (yet mine is still stock :( )

I've only ever hit the bump stops once after launching the car over an unexpected mini humpback bridge. Never grounded it anywhere (excepting deep snow).

Our Elegance came with the sports suspension upgrade which is 15mm lower than stock VRS and can't say we've had issues grounding.

So its -35mm from a "normal" Octavia? Interesting, I though the vrs is the lowest you can buy being -20mm lower than stock Octavias.

So its -35mm from a "normal" Octavia? Interesting, I though the vrs is the lowest you can buy being -20mm lower than stock Octavias.

Odd isn't it?

I have no idea why the sports suspension factory upgrade is lower than a vrs. One for Skoda UK....

Odd isn't it?

I have no idea why the sports suspension factory upgrade is lower than a vrs. One for Skoda UK....

The dealer fit sports springs are eibach pro-kit springs that are a 30mm drop and the VRS is a 15mm drop.

Weird but true.

The sports suspension from the factory is very low even compared to the VRS.

Never had any issues with my Sport suspension and grounding my front bumper (elegance or vrs bumper when fitted). My MK1's however were appauling for catching on the road with stock suspension & kw suspension and would catch where my mk2 didn't