National mega meet-south wales convoy

joe_vrs_tdi

After talking on the mega meet thread http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262314-national-mega-meet-2013-july-28th/page__st__300#entry3226703 i thought it would be a good idea to try and sort out something on here for the best place and time to meet and leave to drive up together for the mega meet.

So guys all ideas welcome. We need to figure out the best place to meet, maybe a services roughly where we would all pass first on the way?

Fire away guys.

Joe,

Cardiff gate at j33? and then A449, M50...

Yer i dont mind heading back to cardiff its not to far and more than likely in the middle of most.

I hadn't thought of going to this. Is it any good?

Check out the thread lloyd it looks like it should be pretty good. I imagine the largest selection of skodas in the uk this year and should be a good chance to meet some of the guys we wouldn't come across at the shows down our way. Plus the museum looks pretty cool as i like all that stuff :D

I may attend this. I'm only from down the road from you joe. (Brynamwr if you know it)

I have been to this venue with cliosport.net, I'm no good with roads and service stations but I think we met in stensham services??

I don't know what is easier for most of the other boys ??

What is actually going to start at 8am? I was thinking of getting there about 9-9:30am. We would have to meet at 6am!

I think thats just a gate open sort of time just when people can start arriving from. If we say meet at 6am then leave about 6:30 just to give a half hour window for people to get there?

• 2 months later...

Probably. M50 is one junction north of the junction I'll be coming off.

If you do end up doing M5/M4, we could meet at the first services north of Bristol, which I think is Michael Wood about 15 miles north of the M5/M4 interchange.

Im normally a 60-70 man myself on mways and that time of morning im sure we can pretty much be at 70 the whole way.

I'll make my own way up then lol

I'd like to get there before tea time

Thats if I'm actually going !!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...