Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

The CRDT is being replaced by the CRDT+ tomorrow :) although Unofficially we replaced them for the Skoda 2.0 around 3 weeks ago

Thanks Andrew.  I need to time it to coincide with my insurance renewal (early October), so will need to order end-Sept / 1st week of Oct.

• Like 1

Well having bought a CrDT two stage box second hand off a fellow briskodian (£165), and getting a new wiring loom (£67), fitting it to my car (£blood+sweat) I can say I am not disappointed. Run map 4+1 - awesome!instand power when u need it. I should point out my car has done 78k so I'm not going to be thrashing it around but from what it's shown me so far it's def worth the money even if u bought it new!

• Like 1

Having run map 4 plus 1 and plus 2 for a few tanks using the brim to brim method, my findings are the fuel computer now overheads significantly on my car.

The display tells me I've averaged 53.9mpg, but my calculations make it closer to 47mpg. I'll have to recalibrate it with VCDS. Anyone able to point me to the right area of the program?

Flip flopped back to map 1 plus 3 yet again as although it's slightly less shove, it is much smoother/more progressive than map 4. Also less jerky with cruise on too.

Nothing yet Dave.

Andrew has extended the money back guarantee period so I can do other tests - be warned if you do decide to send it back you will be charged a restocking fee of around £50... I saw nothing mentioned on the website and there was no mention of this that I could find on the website, so it is hardly a no risk trial.

I currently have the boost sensor disconnected (as recommended by Andrew, as he has since had another couple of customers express there similar concerns to him.

The 3 +1 map has made next to no difference with the boost sensor disconnected.

The car is now running the 3+ 0 map.

I will know if this has helped by the weekend.

If you are not concerned about the mpg then I would say go for it, but my experience has shown it was using approx 15% more fuel than the car was when std (all done at a steady 70 mph on CC) suggests it is over fuelling.

I had even removed the box and was ready to send it back when Andrew asked me to trial it with the boost sensor disconnected.

• Like 2

Nothing yet Dave.

Andrew has extended the money back guarantee period so I can do other tests - be warned if you do decide to send it back you will be charged a restocking fee of around £50... I saw nothing mentioned on the website and there was no mention of this that I could find on the website, so it is hardly a no risk trial.

I currently have the boost sensor disconnected (as recommended by Andrew, as he has since had another couple of customers express there similar concerns to him.

If you are not concerned about the mpg then I would say go for it, but my experience has shown it was using approx 15% more fuel than the car was when std (all done at a steady 70 mph on CC) suggests it is over fuelling.

I had even removed the box and was ready to send it back when Andrew asked me to trial it with the boost sensor disconnected.

Now that's interesting as you end up with what I've installed, at least that tallies with my experience with a CRD2+ which is the 'economy' version (no turbo sensor).

Mine gives me more power, for sure, but the economy is little (if any) better.....no worse though.

I end up with a power version, without the turbo link, having ordered the economy version......very odd!

• Like 1

I was like u, struggling to ages.the plug tho clips into the sensor in a vertical way, so I used needle nosed pliers, and the plug clip straight upwards which releases the clip and should pull straight out.literally took 2 seconds!

Edited by Nixd33

I can't get anywhere near it from the air con pipes. None of my needle pliers get it as no room to open the handles.

Even from below (where I've been for last 20mins) I can't get into it. It's not even as tho I have massive fat hands either!!!4

Grrrrrrrrrr

OK, tried for an hour last night and so far and hour and a half today... and I CANNOT get the Boost sensor off the car.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If you can get access to a ramp just drop the protective panel off underneath and the sensor is right there, 20 min job and no chance of damaging the clip with pliers :)

Having run map 4 plus 1 and plus 2 for a few tanks using the brim to brim method, my findings are the fuel computer now overheads significantly on my car.

The display tells me I've averaged 53.9mpg, but my calculations make it closer to 47mpg. I'll have to recalibrate it with VCDS. Anyone able to point me to the right area of the program?

Flip flopped back to map 1 plus 3 yet again as although it's slightly less shove, it is much smoother/more progressive than map 4. Also less jerky with cruise on too.

Instruments 17 > Adaptation 10 > Dropdown Menu > Calibrate Consumption and Range.

Standard is 100%, you will need to go higher, maximum is 115% I think.

• Like 1

Instruments 17 > Adaptation 10 > Dropdown Menu > Calibrate Consumption and Range.

Standard is 100%, you will need to go higher, maximum is 115% I think.

Correct, every 2% is roughly 1 mpg

Map 3 +0 has been running for a week now (298 miles) and has returned 40.3mpg  :( (the lowest mpg since I have been tracking the consumption over the last 1839 miles and 7 full ups)

The power delivery low down is also disappointing (I would say no better... or possibly even worse than std, as it now comes in pretty fiercely when accelerating briskly (think of a PD), nowhere near as nice to drive as the 3 +1 map.

I am removing the box completely today to try a full week of back to std, I will repost the results next week.

If the mpg is better then the box will be returned, if it stays the same (as the 3 +1 map) then I will take it on the chin and refit it. 

^^^^  Scrap that idea as i have just gone through all the figures so I don’t need another ‘std driving week’ with the box removed for comparison.:

DTUK 3 +1 CC @ 70mph Folkestone to Newquay 43.46 MPG

3 +1 Newquay, then to Burntwood, CC @ 70MPG 44.01 MPG

Box removed = Std, Burntwood to Folkestone, CC @ 70 MPH (inc 40 mins of crawling M25) 50.85 MPG

Box removed = Std, off work = normal weeks driving (local and bit of motorway) 41.33 MPG

Boost disconnected (3 +1) Work 1 week + 2 trips to Rainham 41.85 MPG

Boost disconnected (3 +1) to/from Maidstone meet - 62 miles, (CC @ 70MPH 100% MOTORWAY DRIVING) 45.02 MPG

Boost disconnected (3 +0) work 1 week and 1 trip to Chatham (Motorway @ 70 MPH on CC) 40.3 MPG

So I will try maps 1 and 2 today and whichever is the nicest to drive (I’m not after out and out power) I will try for a week before looking at the figures again, if it can’t hit 41 MPG (this is 5 runs down the A20 to Dover - on dual carriageway and then back to Hawkinge in the evening) then it will be returned. 

My biggest single issue at the moment is how much worse the consumption is on a long motorway run sat at a constant (CC) 70 MPH.

Any input is welcome...

• Like 1

Does anyone know if these boxes will, similarly to a remap, increase the output of all 1.6CR engines to the same level? I.e. 75PS, 90PS and 105PS to the circa 130PS quoted?

Apologies if this has been answered, I'm not planning on reading all 15 pages!

Thanks

Hi Andrew wondering if the box I have for my cr 170 can be re - programmed by yourselves to run on a 110 ? Have somebody wanting to buy my box and get u guys to program it for his car think he has emailed :) cheers cammy

Hi Andrew wondering if the box I have for my cr 170 can be re - programmed by yourselves to run on a 110 ? Have somebody wanting to buy my box and get u guys to program it for his car think he has emailed :) cheers cammy

Yes but the software upgrade is £75 plus vat Cammy

Does anyone know if these boxes will, similarly to a remap, increase the output of all 1.6CR engines to the same level? I.e. 75PS, 90PS and 105PS to the circa 130PS quoted?

Apologies if this has been answered, I'm not planning on reading all 15 pages!

Thanks

Hi, the boxes amplify the standard power only, so unlike the remap for the 1.6 tdi 75ps we can only add 25/30bhp to the 75

Well on my first full tank (438miles) on my vRs DSG FL hatch on Map 4+1 I averaged 41.5mpg, which is a couple up on my normal average, and not bad considering I've not got a slightly more flexible right foot now the box is on ;-)

• Like 1