Superb 1, Pheasant 1

Hit a pheasant last night doing about 50mph on a country road. Pheasant now deceased. Chrome trim with logo on front if bonnet now hanging off and decorated with a clump of feathers still attached to what I think is a bit of pheasant. Black grill also has a chunk missing.

Gutted, as will probably be a good few pounds to fix and ***** pheasant wasn't insured

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hit a pheasant last night doing about 50mph on a country road. Pheasant now deceased. Chrome trim with logo on front if bonnet now hanging off and decorated with a clump of feathers still attached to what I think is a bit of pheasant. Black grill also has a chunk missing.

Gutted, as will probably be a good few pounds to fix and ***** pheasant wasn't insured

Gutted?

I bet the pheasant wasn't too pleased either :giggle:

Sorry to hear that - they can do a fair bit of damage - but minor in comparison to the damage a deer can do - they tend not to be insured either........

Your pheasant took out your grille and badge.

This one ( an Irish pheasant ) took out a Rolls Royce RB211, one of Scotland's highest flying exports! (in its day)

http://www.aaiu.ie/s...eral/6911-0.PDF

At the end of the report, you will note the estimated cost of this particular pheasant's suicide was in excess of $1M. (And the human cost would have been immeasurable if the crew had not brought the 757-200 back down safely. Losing an engine 1000 ft into a take-off climb is not funny - especially on a twin engine design. They had time to make a controlled shutdown of the damaged engine, but still a risky event. Praise to the pilots, and thanksgiving to God!)

i ran over a dog in my octavia two years ago, he walked out in front of me but i hadn't seen him cause he was between parked cars, by the time i seen the dog it was too late, i braked anyways and it was quite a bang it made and the woman owner screaming as i was getting out the car, i went and looked at the dog and it looked as if he had 2 broken legs, some one who was in a house across the road came out and told us she was a vet, and she went and got blankets and took the dog off the road, i left and went to andrew wats and got a new number plate as the dog had split the original, i still see that very dog and its owner to this date, and he made a full recovery and he is always in a leash now too

I hit a wombat (read big furry rock with short legs) a few years ago and it dented the floorpan from front to back as it rolled along. Deposited an amount of fur into the exhaust hangers as well, which stank for ages as the fur burnt off. The bugger didn't have the grace to die instantly either, it was last heard scrambling through the forest.

Had a wood pigeon hit my n/s headlamp at 50 mph in my last vehicle Superb Elegance Combi. First quick look did not seem to have damaged the lamp but then found it was loose , pigeon deceased.

Quoted about £500 for new lamp unit and setting. A repair shop near me ( approved VAG ) said they would have a look if I came in, manager had a look and thought it could be fixed with a VAG kit ( fixing brackets). Leave car with us and we will phone back, they also drove me home . Next morning phone call you can collect car when you like. Cost £95, genuine VAG bracket kit fitted.

Anyone having headlamp impact and lens not damaged ask about the VAG repair kit.

When I worked at a garage a sierra mk1 cossie came in after it hit a pheasant, straight though the bumper, intercooler, radiator and into the cambelt casing, snapping the cambelt and wreaking the engine. Safe to say he was well into 3 figures at the time lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last Sunday I hit a suicide Pheasant. It's the first animal (excluding flies) that I've hit and killed in my car. After a week of owning my car I collected one in my lower grill, it was still alive!. I don't know what happened to it afterwards as it wasn't there when I came home.

Stupid Phucking Pheasants!

I hit a Dear the other week, I was doing about 65 mph. the dear was about the size of a small donkey. Bit of Blood on the front but no damage

I was driving my 158 mind you

In case anyone doesn't know what a 158 is....

800px-158788_%2C_Lower_Pilsley.jpg

• Like 1

A flock of stupid galahs eating spilt grain on the road led to a multiple bird strike a few years ago. I was till finding feathers and gizzard months later. Worst accident I ever had though was with a wardrobe that was heading towards me at 60 mph after falling off a trailer. Impact speed would have been close to 120 mph as I was also doing 60. It was a dark and moonless night and while the wardrobe was obliterated the car sustained such severe damage I sold it immediately after it was repaired. A mate hit a camel once.......

I hit a pheasant just before easter..cost £140 inc labour (they fitted new chrome bit to bonnet as well)

Pic attached

£140 - for one bird? - and here was me moaning about the price of cartridges! Still, at least when you kill a pheasant with your car, you don't have as much shot to pick out the carcass!

I took my driving test in a car that had hit a Great Dane dog. The bonnet was crumpled slightly and the grill was smashed up a bit but it was still road worthy and everything worked. The examiner had a good look at it and the workshop report of what they had found on inspection, but once he was happy the bonnet wasn't going to fly up he was happy to do my test in it. I also assured him it wan't me who had hit the dog!

A mate had a pigeon actually come through the windscreen in a transit on the motorway once, well bits of it anyway. Luckily it was the passenger side otherwise he'd have been covered in gore and feathers rather than the passenger seat.