5* for the Estate in Auto Express

Looks good. There was a red estate at the Geneva Motor Show which looked even better though as the roof rails and grille were black. I just wish VAG would go 100% whichever way and dispense with the awkward black inserts on silver roof rails which cheapen the effect.

Looks good. There was a red estate at the Geneva Motor Show which looked even better though as the roof rails and grille were black. I just wish VAG would go 100% whichever way and dispense with the awkward black inserts on silver roof rails which cheapen the effect.

Agreed does look great - there is no excuse for the part black/silver rails as the rails on the Superb Combi are fully silver.

That red car looks stunning.

I saw a light coloured (not sure which colour - it was 5am) poverty spec (small wheels, thin tyres) Mk3 hatch on the M4 this morning doing about 65mph. This was from the vantage point of my well-specced 2010 vRS estate.

I was underwhelmed & felt pretty disappointed afterwards.

The above pics cheered me up as I'd like to change to a Mk3 vRS estate in about 3 yrs time!

• Like 1

to be fair, even the poverty spec has loads of kit that the Mk 2 vrs doesn't have

Such as DSG, Xenons, leather, metallic paint, curtain bags (I hope so), BT, Columbus?

To be fair, I paid for these, but think I'd be paying a lot more for the Mk3!

LOVE mine but ultimately will be looking to move to a Mk3 in a couple of years' time. Just hope it's not over-priced!

(Okay, rant over, but not sure any of the standard feature Mk3 additions will swing the deal!)

Edited by dunc69

to be fair, even the poverty spec has loads of kit that the Mk 2 vrs doesn't have

Agreed, I guess what you don't have you don't miss. We will all have an opinion on what kit is a priority, one of mine is rear parking sensors. IMHO the Elegance has too much standard kit which inevitably has taken the list price too high (notwithstanding deals on offer) for the existing Skoda clientele.

Why oh why do Skoda insist on having such high suspension?

Just think how low they could have got the CO2 numbers if they had reduced the frontal area by lowering the whole car!

Why oh why do Skoda insist on having such high suspension?

The red one in the pic is already on the sports suspension I guess and it looks fine to me. I suppose the RS will be a little lower still, but for me, you have to be able to see the whole tyre or the car starts to look chavvy.

Such as DSG, Xenons, leather, metallic paint, curtain bags (I hope so), BT, Columbus?

To be fair, I paid for these, but think I'd be paying a lot more for the Mk3!

LOVE mine but ultimately will be looking to move to a Mk3 in a couple of years' time. Just hope it's not over-priced!

(Okay, rant over, but not sure any of the standard feature Mk3 additions will swing the deal!)

I'm of the same mind. Admittedly a standard MK2 vRS wasnt that well endowed with kit but for those of us with higher spec cars (factory orders and Blacklines) a new Elegance really offers very little to justify the change.

• Like 1