Shell Vpower Diesel

I use v power diesel in the VRS and have noticed smoother idle and less smoke -

I also run a porsche with unleaded v power - when i put half a tank of supermarket stuff ( I was desperate) in the porsche the engine management light came on- the mechanic who checked out the car said is was due to crap fuel - 

By choice I will use v-power but everyone to their own -

Been there done that and got the T-shirt now fill up with whatever the cheapest fuel source I can find. In testing with several vans and cars found no difference whatsoever in using Vpower or any other fuel in the market.

I've been running V-Power now for the last couple of months, and whilst I can't really notice much in the way of performance improvements I can definitely say the exhaust tip doesn't have as much soot caked onto it between fortnightly washes.

If there's less soot it can only mean its running cleaner which is worth the extra cost in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I notice, is the car is a little lighter............. in my back pocket!

Get a rewards card and you get money off and other deals which make up for the extra cost. I get nothing else!

I've got one. The only time I've used VPD is when you had to, to gain extra bonus points. I think this year they've changed it so you can use any fuel to gain extra points.

Every fill this year has been at Shell. However not filled with VPD since early 2012 and not used Nitro stuff yet.

Not noticed any performance improvement on V power (subjective) and no improvement in mpg (less subjective), so I don't think it is worth the extra money.

However I think paying 1p a litre extra (compared to my local supermarket) for Shell Fuelsave is worth the extra for the additives.