Yeti Newbie saying "eh up"

larryblag

Hiyall

Just ordered a used 2.0 S tdi 110 CR. 62 plate "one owner" (ex demo) in silver from Gordon Lamb of Spondon.

Would've liked the SE but couldn't quite run to that. Cabin is a bit drab (lacking sparkly silver bits) but I'm okay with that. It was a toss up between a greenline and this one but we need the extra oomph of the 280Nm for towing.

Trading in an 08 Octavia 1.9 tdi 105 pd which we've been very happy with for three years. Before that it was a Fabia 1.4 (diesel again) which was fine apart from space and it struggled a bit with the caravan when we bought it (2007 Luna Ariva) which although "lightweight" at 1000kg GLW and on paper was a good match but not quite there with the little Fabia.

I've hung my nose over the yeti for a couple of years now. I know it's overdue an update (rumoured to be 2014) and the new yeti is likely to be more contemporary (and probably bigger as all cars seem to be getting) but it's the current yeti that I like anyhow. I did look at the Kia Sportage, which is a well built good looking car with 7 year warranty but there are a bit rare for the money I want to pay and the none 4x4 ones can only tow 1000kg.

I'll keep you all updated :-)

Just gotta try and sleep now... ;-)

I'm sure it will do just what you want, the basic guts of the car is all there maybe missing some of the toys but that life as they say?

• Like 1

Welcome - you'll find this a friendly and supportive place - and a mine of useful information - just ask! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Bless you guys :hi: thanks for the warm welcome.

Car is coming on a transporter so I've not seen it yet. Has 5700 miles on it so it should be pristine but I told them I need to see/drive it before they fit towbar to save everyone's embarrassment if there are any issues :whew:.

Hi larryblag, welcome from me too.

The Yeti is an AWESOME beast, in all its guises.

You will be very impressed. :yes:

• Like 2

Good to have you with us and you will be amongst friends and enthusiasts. Even in the "S" form you will love it. I also have an Octavia L & K model, but the Yeti is a far superior car for driving, ride etc. You will find the boot space a let down compared to the Ocxtavia, but if it had such a sized boot no one would buy the Octavia and Yeti deliveries would be even worse

• 2 weeks later...

It's here, and I love it! Yvettte the Yeti - no? Perhaps not. Anyhoo I let the trouble drive it first yesterday. Resisted the urge to slap her for sitting at the lights in gear, clutch depressed. Drove home, put "Vette" away in garage and this morning whilst she was still snoozing I entered her gently (to remove the manuals pack). I'm now sat reading these and thought I'd let you all know how happy I am with my purchase :-)

• Like 2

Ooh can I just say, that for me anyhow the 110 CR seems powerful enough (yet to tow with her of course). I can't imagine needing any more power for my style of driving. As someone on here said (and this was very good advice), better a detuned 2.0 than a 1.6 near the top of it's potential (as per the Greenline).

Ooh can I just say, that for me anyhow the 110 CR seems powerful enough (yet to tow with her of course). I can't imagine needing any more power for my style of driving. As someone on here said (and this was very good advice), better a detuned 2.0 than a 1.6 near the top of it's potential (as per the Greenline).

Better a tuned 2.0 than a 1.6 :lol:

But even the 1.6CR will tune to about 130....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In Cornwall last week - achieved 41mpg towing the caravan (10mpg more than the Octavia). I'm well pleased with my new Yeti. Like some on here have said - everytime I drive it, I get a smile on my face and I couldn't agree more. Love it, love it!

Only one issue so far - budgie tweeting sound coming from N/S/R trim somewhere around the door inside. Will I book it in for this? probably not to be honest, I'll have a look myself.

Ordered an underseat cubby for the passenger side - pick it up tomorrow. Bloke in parts dept. said I'd have to remove the seat to fit it and this would entail disturbing the airbag wiring. I said I'd give it a try (my Fabia was easy to do). If necessary though I can book it in and pay £299 per hour or something ridiculous.

Only one issue so far - budgie tweeting sound coming from N/S/R trim somewhere around the door inside. Will I book it in for this? probably not to be honest, I'll have a look myself..

In mine, it was the seatbelt metal clip rubbing on the plastic covering the internal wheel arch. I just led the belt around the headrest - sorted!

Right that's thrown down the gauntlet -

170 here I come lol

Remap to 200 and you'll wonder how you ever coped with 110. :D

Yes, it's horses for courses. If you don't need the power it does seem daft paying for it.

Nice to hear you are enjoying it.

Ordered an underseat cubby for the passenger side - pick it up tomorrow. Bloke in parts dept. said I'd have to remove the seat to fit it and this would entail disturbing the airbag wiring. I said I'd give it a try (my Fabia was easy to do). If necessary though I can book it in and pay £299 per hour or something ridiculous.

I think you'll find it's just a plug.

• Like 2

I think you'll find it's just a plug.

Agree with this i'm almost 100% certain it'll be a detachable connector block.

O as for carrying power my yeti had a 240litre fish tank and stand in the back yesterday.

Didn't have all the seats mind....

Edited by AlleyCat`

Also, as a penny-pinching measure my 2.0S has a single tone horn with a very weak output. Aparently it's powered by a relay but the air horns I want to fit are rated at 20Amps. Does anyone know if the standard relay is up to the job? I don't want to go to the trouble of fitting another relay which will become redundant if the original is up to the job.

You need a relay anyway with air horns, just upgrade the horn fuse to 20A and you should be fine. :)

Please note, I'm not an electrician so I may be incorrect.

In Cornwall last week - achieved 41mpg towing the caravan (10mpg more than the Octavia). I'm well pleased with my new Yeti. Like some on here have said - everytime I drive it, I get a smile on my face and I couldn't agree more. Love it, love it!

Only one issue so far - budgie tweeting sound coming from N/S/R trim somewhere around the door inside. Will I book it in for this? probably not to be honest, I'll have a look myself.

Have you had a look at this? http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/168285-fitting-guide-underseat-storage-drawer/

It's a bit fiddly without removing the seat but it's possible. I was a bit concerned that if I removed the seat the connections would have to be unplugged with possible confusion to the "brain".

Fred

It's here, and I love it! Yvettte the Yeti - no? Perhaps not. Anyhoo I let the trouble drive it first yesterday. Resisted the urge to slap her for sitting at the lights in gear, clutch depressed. Drove home, put "Vette" away in garage and this morning whilst she was still snoozing I entered her gently (to remove the manuals pack). I'm now sat reading these and thought I'd let you all know how happy I am with my purchase :-)

Watch out for Bobdog with this sort of posting ...you have been warned!! (LOL)
  • Like 4

In mine, it was the seatbelt metal clip rubbing on the plastic covering the internal wheel arch. I just led the belt around the headrest - sorted!

Stowing the rear seat belt clips in the kindly provided "slots" (down Bobdog!) does sort out all sorts of rattles and squeaks from the rear (down again!!)

Stowing the rear seat belt clips in the kindly provided "slots" (down Bobdog!) does sort out all sorts of rattles and squeaks from the rear (down again!!)

They were in those slots when I first noticed the rattle, moving them out stopped the noise. When stowed correctly in the 'slots' they did not rattle in my first Yeti - I have given up wondering why as this one should be different - but thanks anyway :happy:

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update this post.

"budgie" sound gone (was the metal-on-metal magnetic locater for the rear middle seat belt clasp - the one in the roof).

Under seat cubby fitted. Bit of a faff but not too bad (took about an hour) . I didn't remove the seat so no need to disturb the wiring.

Thanks everybody for your advice, help and encouragement :-)

Re your concerns about the 'drab' interior, my wife has an 'S' model. I had a Skoda 3 spoke leather steering wheel fitted by Skoda (approx. £150 fitted). I bought & fitted the silver interior trim panels from an 'SE' from a briskoda member (approx. £15). Fitted the bolero stereo (approx. £160) & skoda bluetooth integrated with it

(approx. £130) from Superskoda along with chrome headlight rings, silver roof rails & mudflaps. Like you would have gone for an se out of choice but £11, 600 for an 18 month old 1.2 s was too good to miss! !