Passenger Airbag Warning Light

YetiMike

The passenger airbag warning light is now staying on for about 45 seconds after turning the ignition on and/or starting the engine. The car is 4 months old and the handbook says "A fault in the airbag system exists if the warning light does not go out 4 seconds after the ignition is switched on." Local garage says that it is not a problem and that the handbook is badly translated from the original Czech version, so just ignore it! Grateful for informed comment please.

I would suggest that your local garage is talking rubbish!

Take it to another dealer and get them to put it on the computer to do a code test.

And it might be useful putting your location in your details, then perhaps someone could advise you a good/better dealer.

The passenger airbag warning light is now staying on for about 45 seconds after turning the ignition on and/or starting the engine. The car is 4 months old and the handbook says "A fault in the airbag system exists if the warning light does not go out 4 seconds after the ignition is switched on." Local garage says that it is not a problem and that the handbook is badly translated from the original Czech version, so just ignore it! Grateful for informed comment please.

Mine doesn't stay on that long. I've never counted the exact time but it will be under 10 seconds and about 4 or 5 seconds would feel "right".

The problem you describe Is something similar that i had on a Saxo 13 or so years ago.

The connector block for the airbag was under the front passenger seat.

The good lady was shoving her handbag under the seat and had knocked the connection lose so sometimes it would stay on longer than expected and eventually go out.

Eventually it stayed on all the time and that's when the fault was found.

Apparently quite common according to the dealer.

Not sure if that is the same for the Yeti (wiring wise) but a lose connection seems a possibility.

Edited by AlleyCat`

I seem to remember a thread where someone stated that light (the one above the air vents I presume) stays on for 65 seconds. So what you are describing sounds dead normal to me.

And here is the thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/174956-passenger-air-bag-warning-light/

• Like 1

I seem to remember a thread where someone stated that light (the one above the air vents I presume) stays on for 65 seconds. So what you are describing sounds dead normal to me.

And here is the thread:

http://www.briskoda....-warning-light/

I shall read the thread properly next time.

I was thinking of the little airbag symbol not the orange warning in the centre of the dash.

I'll look at that on the way home!

Yes, thank you Johann, I had read that thread but my handbook definitely quotes 4 seconds. The warning light is on the centre of the dash, between the two central air vents and just below the hazard warning light switch

Mine stays on for over 30 secs (not timed it exactly) I'm refering to the light in the centre of the dash that is orange when first starting; normal.

Yes, thank you Johann, I had read that thread but my handbook definitely quotes 4 seconds. The warning light is on the centre of the dash, between the two central air vents and just below the hazard warning light switch

It's supposed to stay on. It reminds you that you should turn the passenger airbag off if you have an infant in a child seat fitted to the passenger seat. It's the one on your dials that goes off after 4 seconds.

Doh!! Thank you Johann and Steph. IAEFRTFI !!...

'Scuse? I may a bit out of touch (perhaps not totally 'cool'?!) but even Google doesn't come up with a relevant explanation of ' IAEFRTFI ' :think:

Or shouldn't I ask?