New wheels! Pics!

Well after getting my car back all fixed again, I gave her a damn good clean earlier today. I finally decided to put on the 17" Spiders after I'd given them 3 coats of Chemical Guy's wheel wax first. Alloys are absolutely MINT, after a top quality refurb. They're wrapped in Yoko Paradas - as ever, I'm impressed with the grip that these offer in the dry!

Anyhow... pics...

2013-05-17195537_zps32cd405b.jpg

2013-05-17195558_zpsca36d7ca.jpg

2013-05-17195614_zps2965e591.jpg

Been a busy day with the car today. Also fitted a brand new LCR splitter, as a mixxy bunny rabbit decided to destroy my last one :-/ Car is looking well - I'm very happy with it at the moment! Need to colour code the door handles though, and paint that blasted grille black!!!

I'm thinking I'm gonna drop the coilovers a wee bit more tomorrow, seeing as I now have extra ground clearance.

Opinions?

• Like 1

Looks great mate! Much better on the 17s!

Is it AP coilovers you have? I wish mine was a bit lower on the rear and need to adjust it up on the front, I really don't know how the splitter is still attached lol!

Are they 215 or 205 tyres?

Is it AP coilovers you have? I wish mine was a bit lower on the rear and need to adjust it up on the front, I really don't know how the splitter is still attached lol!

Cheers mate! I'm on JOMs at the moment. Ha ha yes I know what you mean, mine used to scrape over some bumps with the standard 16's on. It's not scraping at all any more (plus undertray is removed) - so I need to drop it more ha ha! Nah I think it'll just look that little bit better with another 5mm drop. Still have reasonable ground clearance then.

I wan't your right side mirror, mate! :rock: Can you get me one of those? I'm from Denmark, and all the mrk1 Fabia's over here is with a small side mirror on the right side! :wall:

That's an odd one mate! Why do they do that?!!

How much are you lowered by? I'm getting my Jom coilovers fitted on Monday and can't decide how low to go on standard wheels

I actually couldn't give you a figure to be honest mate.... I just guessed and got to this height as if by chance on the first attempt! I was impressed with my guess ha ha!! Although I will say that for this height the rear adjusters sit flush with the thread (if that makes sense?!).

dont drop it anymore, perfect as it is

No don't drop it anymore. It's just about perfect ATM.

Sorry guys.... I dropped it further yesterday!!! It looks superb now :-) I'll pop a pic up on this thread later today to show the difference. I still don't get any scraping either, so all is good :-) The size up in alloys has really given me the extra ground clearance that I needed.

Just realised I hadn't answered the question on tyres.... They're 205/40/17's mate. Gotta be careful with those kerbs now ;-)