Change to engine line up?

probablynothisone

Good day all. My first post here so please let me know if I contravene the local by laws.

In the throes of choosing a new car and the Yeti 1.8 petrol 4x4 was leading the race until this morning when I called the local dealer to arrange a test drive.

He told me Skoda were ceasing manufacturing this engine (and the 2WD 1.4petrol) in the next few weeks as a precursor to the introduction of the facelifted Yeti at the end of the year.

Other dealers have confirmed. (it will remain available on the L&K model apparently but I don't know for how long)

Have any of you heard this?

Also, is this a temporary thing or will these engines be available on the new facelifted Yeti?

Not keen to buy a new car only to see it go out of production immediately.

The facelift is due later this year and opinion would suggest around November time. Can understand SUK drawing to a close orders for these two engines, as they are the least popular. They have recently done a similar thing with the Fabia II in preparation for it's replacement, again believed to be early next year.

Oh it's also understood that the replacement will loose the round fogs and get the new fully incorporated look, so if you like what you see now rather than a monster with an Rapid/Octy III front end I'd get your order in sooner rather than later.

Further just checked the SUK site and yes it's showing stock only now for these engines on the Yeti except L&K. On top of this the Yeti E has been withdrawn.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

I guess from a production and logistics perspective it makes sense for Skoda to offer just the new generation (EA211) of 1.2L and 1.4L (140 HP) and the improved 1.8L (180 HP) of petrol engines on all their models rather than running a parallel production of older and newer generation engines.

I guess from a production and logistics perspective it makes sense for Skoda to offer just the new generation (EA211) of 1.2L and 1.4L (140 HP) and the improved 1.8L (180 HP) of petrol engines on all their models rather than running a parallel production of older and newer generation engines.

Ooooh ,I do hope so . :happy:

Thanks all for the answers and comments on my first post.

Reading between the lines the view seems to be that this is a fairly standard rundown of the old model in preparation for the introduction of the facelifted model (at some as yet indeterminate time but rumored to be around year end).

So, one last question (which none of the dealers I have spoken to seems able or willing to answer).

What is the likelihood of the new line up NOT having a petrol engine available in the 4x4?

Ouch! I had been thinking I could consider the Octavia 4x4 as a possible fallback.

Where did you see this TP? I can only see the 4x4 estate with Diesel engines. My preference is a 4x4 (of some sort) with a petrol engine and a manual box.

So far Skoda seem to be removing them just before I get there :wonder:

Ouch! I had been thinking I could consider the Octavia 4x4 as a possible fallback.

Where did you see this TP? I can only see the 4x4 estate with Diesel engines. My preference is a 4x4 (of some sort) with a petrol engine and a manual box.

So far Skoda seem to be removing them just before I get there :wonder:

One of 900000 threads here;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/274423-if-we-cant-get-18-dsg-yeti-maybe-a-new-4x4-octavia-18-dsg-will-do/

Regards,

TP

The bad news is that the FL Superb retained the old diesels... So we'll have to wait and see if the FL Yeti (a) gets updated engines and/or (B) UK gets a different subset of the full engine range...

Edited by Totally Square

One of 900000 threads here;

http://www.briskoda....18-dsg-will-do/

Regards,

TP

Alas you will find there is no 1,8 litre petrol DSG in the new Octavia range. So little hope of that configuration making it to the Octavia 4x4 (or the Yeti for that matter). BUT like the engines disappearing from the Yeti now, engines/gearboxes get a staggered release into a new model as well. When I ordered my Yeti there was no 140 TDI DSG (I had ordered a manual) nor was there a 1,4 petrol. But five months into my wait the DSG became available for my car and I changed my order. So maybe the 1,8 petrol DSG Octavia might still make an appearance. Who knows.

The bad news is that the FL Superb retained the old diesels... So we'll have to wait and see if the FL Yeti (a) gets updated engines and/or ( B) UK gets a different subset of the full engine range...

Just did a comparison of engine specs of the old and the FL Superb. Old Superb engine specs were from the Superb brochure on the Norwegian Skoda website and the FL Superb specs were from the Czeck Skoda website vehicle configurator. For all petrol and diesel engines that I compared, although power and torque figures are exactly the same, the CO2 emissions have reduced a bit or in some cases (2.0 TDI 125kW manual and DSG) quite a bit. The fuel consumption figures (City / Out of town / Combined) also seem better for every engine in the FL Superb.

Lets hope that the FL Yeti gets similar improvements even if they retain the older engines.

• Like 1