silly question maybe

hi all,

i have a 2012 vrs bright green with black roof and fully loaded,i have a pair of flash green headphones that i would like to have on when driving now and again,i cannot get them to fit in my aux port on the front of my satnav and cannot find any other port (is it not possible)ie an adapter in the aux?

thanks for your help and i have done 3000 miles in it and i love it

ps i just drive it hard and dont worry about checking oil or any thing else (have 5 year warranty)

had it 6 months and not a single problem.

• Like 1

Do you mean you want to be able to listen to the music your car stereo is making through your headphones? If so, that isn't possible as the aux port is for input only...

The Law does not stop you from Wearing Headphones when driving, but you can be pretty sure if in an accident the matter will be looked at.

Also it may possibly draw you to Police officers attention.

Deaf People are allowed to drive.

george

George

You write "Deaf People are allowed to drive."

I know you really meant "Licenced People are allowed to drive"

The deaf dont expect any special treatment.

Edited by gerryfr
  • Like 1

You are correct, i meant people with hearing impairment can drive.

obviously they are being treated the same as anyone else.

The comment is not against Deaf or hearing impaired,

and actually they might be treated differently from a hearing person, if stopped wearing headphones but then found to have a hearing impairment.

I know Blind Men that drive.

Well the sticker says, 'A Blind Man drives this car.'

george

Drivers here with all their faculties can not hear or see emergency vehicles lots of the time.

In the UK, there is help first with the Theory Test and then Instruction/lessons/Test where Signing may be required.

The UK is pretty well set up to assist anyone with Disabilities or any type of impairment in Getting a Licence and Driving.

I know some people over the years that have had loss of Hearing and should never have been Driving if the DVLA had been made aware.

I like this thread from out with the UK.

http://forums.officer.com/t48432

How can deaf people hear police cars? Can't just rely on seeing them surely?

hi yes be more visually aware im deaf and wear two hearing aids and can assure you if you try I cant / couldn't hear you officer you get a long lecture about you have to be more aware etc because of your disability so best say nothing and take the points been there done that got the lecture got the points (that's in the car ) totally opposite riding my motorcycle (fjr 1300 ) cant wear my aids under my helmet so deaf as a post so depending on the speed / offence they seem to be a bit more lenient you still get the lecture caught speeding in the car prosecuted, on the bike let off both offences unmarked police cars following for a mile or so same excuse couldn't hear sirens but saw lights in front grille sorry officer,

Deaf people can hear with very few exceptions. Stone deaf is rare. The difficulty is not usually in hearing but in understanding. Very important to look at a deaf person so they can see yer lips, context helps. Generally low tones eg male voices are easier to understand than higher tones. The following is my story, happened to me.

I knew I was getting a little deaf.

Gospel true story this. Happened in my consulting room Tue 23rd Oct 2012., this man came in limping. Wanted antibiotic for chest.

"You 're walking badly" sez I

"I got a spot on my leg" Round the corner (exam room) let me see the spot, sez I.

"I got a pot on my leg - not a spot" I heard him say. Round the corner, trousers off. No sign of a pot. (local expression for plaster of Paris)

"I did not say a pot" he says "I got a clot on my leg " I note one fat leg and one thin leg. He indicates the clot is on the thin leg.

"Cant get a clot on a thin leg" sez I

"I didn't say clot, doc. I was shot in the leg 10 year ago and I've a limp ever since. Are you deaf or something?"

It struck me then that the game was up. I was on my fourth pair of digital aids. My patients were tolerant but I knew it was a pain for them to consult with me. I retired by reason of incapacity, three months later.

Still not sure if my decision was right but the story gives a flavour of the difficulties accompanying deafness.

Deaf people can hear with very few exceptions. Stone deaf is rare. The difficulty is not usually in hearing but in understanding. Very important to look at a deaf person so they can see yer lips, context helps. Generally low tones eg male voices are easier to understand than higher tones. The following is my story, happened to me.

I knew I was getting a little deaf.

Gospel true story this. Happened in my consulting room Tue 23rd Oct 2012., this man came in limping. Wanted antibiotic for chest.

"You 're walking badly" sez I

"I got a spot on my leg" Round the corner (exam room) let me see the spot, sez I.

"I got a pot on my leg - not a spot" I heard him say. Round the corner, trousers off. No sign of a pot. (local exp<b></b>ression for plaster of Paris)

"I did not say a pot" he says "I got a clot on my leg " I note one fat leg and one thin leg. He indicates the clot is on the thin leg.

"Cant get a clot on a thin leg" sez I

"I didn't say clot, doc. I was shot in the leg 10 year ago and I've a limp ever since. Are you deaf or something?"

It struck me then that the game was up. I was on my fourth pair of digital aids. My patients were tolerant but I knew it was a pain for them to consult with me. I retired by reason of incapacity, three months later.

Still not sure if my decision was right but the story gives a flavour of the difficulties accompanying deafness.

Bet you caved in and gave him his Antibiotic script to get him out of the room sharpish after that one lol!

i have done 3000 miles in it and i love it

ps i just drive it hard and dont worry about checking oil or any thing else (have 5 year warranty)

had it 6 months and not a single problem.

And that's the way to go! #

On the subject, I wear headphones when driving through the night with the car full with my family as not wake them with loud music or audiobooks :). But I am not using car stereo to do that.

Could a bluetooth enabled car connect with bluetooth headphones?

Use a flippin ipod, or mobile, connected to the power/lighter socket! Surely you own or can afford one if you have a fairly new car!

On the disability front, strangely, you can be blind in one eye and still drive. That said, many motorists seem to be MORE than 50% blind!

thanks,great car the vrs,dsg 5 stars,i will not be going back to manual gearbox after this,it is so smooth and easy. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

i love it so much that i am already thinking about getting another one(different colour/roof/and with climate and cruise,as the only two extras i did not get.the grey looks nice but i would get it with black roof and black wheels. :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: thanks all from newbie.