HI I HAVE A 2005 FABIA VRS RUNNING ROUND 220BHP

Right.

I'm locking this for now. I'll be home in a bit. I'll edit out all the twaddle. You've had your fun for today. So when it's reopened lets keep it civil and only post if its something useful.

• Like 3

All twaddle removed, seriously now, unless you have anything? relevant/useful to say on the matter of converting a fabia too 4WD, don't bother posting.

I really mean that too

• Like 2

its got 312mm discs on the way with Porsche callipers its got a milltec turbo back zaust uprated intercooler and a set of adjustable coilovers egr delete and that's it at the moment for what I can see ive only had it just over a week I bought it from Ireland met the previous owner in Liverpool off the ferry

It's not that modified really, just standard stuff.

To make it go, stop and handle well with 300bhp and the extra weight of the 4x4 system you'll need to upgrade just about evertything.

I really wouldn't expect any change out of 10k before you start thinking about 4x4.

Fair play if you can do it cheaper, but you need to have that figure in mind.

Otherwise you'll get cheesed off when it starts sucking up more and more £££ and time.

I spent somewhere in the region of £14k on my mk1 Fabia VRS, I was expecting £8k. Still Front Wheel Drive.

But if you are going to do a job properly you need the best brakes, suspension, LSD, clutch etc... for the job.

Not to mention having it looked at by a company with motorsport experience to make sure it can go round corners...

Cutting corners will not make it very quick IMO if you add the weight of the 4x4 conversion in.

You'll be in danger of a making a heavy car that doesn't perform as well as you are expecting.

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

312 discs just arent going to cut it

D2 do 6 or 8 pot 330mm kits for £1000-1200 thats what you want up front, on the rear 256mm at a bare minimum

312 discs just arent going to cut it

D2 do 6 or 8 pot 330mm kits for £1000-1200 thats what you want up front, on the rear 256mm at a bare minimum

will they fit under 17's? if so where can I get them and also where can I get the rears?

It's not that modified really, just standard stuff.

To make it go, stop and handle well with 300bhp and the extra weight of the 4x4 system you'll need to upgrade just about evertything.

I really wouldn't expect any change out of 10k before you start thinking about 4x4.

Fair play if you can do it cheaper, but you need to have that figure in mind.

Otherwise you'll get cheesed off when it starts sucking up more and more £££ and time.

I spent somewhere in the region of £14k on my mk1 Fabia VRS, I was expecting £8k. Still Front Wheel Drive.

But if you are going to do a job properly you need the best brakes, suspension, LSD, clutch etc... for the job.

Not to mention having it looked at by a company with motorsport experience to make sure it can go round corners...

Cutting corners will not make it very quick IMO if you add the weight of the 4x4 conversion in.

You'll be in danger of a making a heavy car that doesn't perform as well as you are expecting.

I understand the power to weight m8 ive spent a fortune on my vxr and she still ain there yet nearly though the vrs was suppost to be my cheap car that I wernt going to play with but can help it what do u recommend to get a bit more out of it? I know a diff is a must it changed my corsa completly

Edited by steveopc1
  • Like 1

Guest BigJase88

will they fit under 17's? if so where can I get them and also where can I get the rears?

Yes i believe so

I know for a fact the 323mm 4 pot brembo's from a leon cupra r fit as thats what i ran at 220bhp

For 300bhp id want 330mm 6 pots up front, just google d2 brake kits

The 256mm rears can be had off a octavia vrs, but again for 4wd id want bigger, dont know what else is available for the rear

Yes 330mm is the most that fits under 17" rims.. but you may need spacers to clear the callipers.

various companies.. most people opt for 256mm rears from the Leon Cupra R..

such as.. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c32158b79

and as for the 330mm brakes..

When it comes to looking for them, enter in a Skoda Octavia vRS mk1 1.8t for most companies as they fit.. here are a few..

Ksport - http://www.ksport.co...sp?id=314&loc=2

PB Brakes - http://pbbrakes.com/...-brake-kit.html

Brembo - http://www.europerfo...?product=204177

Tarox - http://www.motorspor...arox-brakes.htm

another website called - www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk do quite a few but its under maintenance atm..

I hope this hopes!

Also - Shark Performance will be releasing a brake kit for the Fabia in due time so email them and enquire..

I've been thinking about this again.. I if you removed the rear axle beam and fuel tank, you could probably cut the rear floor section out completely in one piece, you could also do the same to something like an mk1 a3 quattro, they are cheap as chips now, anyway you could weld the rear floor section into the fabia shell and then just use the standard rear subframe assembly and haldex unit and suspension and fuel tank etc, it's not as daunting as it sounds and most of the difficult engineered parts are ready made for the job..

I wonder how much I could pick up a knackered poverty spec fabia for? I have an a3 quattro here just waiting for a project like that.. I like that idea.

Also.. these for the rears.. 330mm 6pot - http://pbbrakes.com/brake-kits/skoda/octavia/skoda-octavia-1-8-20vt-96-06-rear-big-brake-kit.html

PB brakes and coilovers are a great company!! Drop them a email and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help!

http://pbbrakes.com/

I seriously recommend their products!

Those pb brakes sound fantastic :)

drop them an email and ask for dan newton ;) if so tell him I sent you ah ha.. I don't get anything from it, just spoken to him a lot ha ha

I will definitely be buying them after I've upgraded my clutch and turbo :)

• Like 1

For what it's worth...

It will sound as truism but bear with me :)

With any project of any kind it is always worth to plan it in high detail before you open your wallet. It's rather easy to throw dough at anything but rarely you get the best bang for your buck this way.

1. What is the car for? Daily driver with some added oomph and nice looks, drag strip warrior or a track weapon? All three will need a completely different approach

2. The answer to point 1 will dictate what is needed. I understand from previous post that it is to be a daily driver with added oomph and looks.

3. If point 2 true there's very little work needed to get a great car for daily use. Your £10k can even get you a full interior revamp :)

• Super light alloys with best rubber and good LSD will transform the car immensly.
  • I know I am going against the grain here but you will not need better brakes for daily driver as uprated fluid and good pads will be all you need - how often do you go to your "private test track" and brake from 140mph+ ? Looks are a different thing and you might want brakes for looks only :)
  • Chassis mods (ARB, RARB, bushes, engine mounts) are pretty obvious
  • Power mods for a daily driver have to be done with one thing in mind - it's a daily driver so driveability and fuel consumption usually matter :) MIght not for you obviously ;)

Drag Strip Warrior or Track Weapon if done properly are undriveable for daily use. As you have vrx you drowned an used GT-R worth of money in already I cannot see you wanting to follow the same route with Fabia...

• Like 1

drop them an email and ask for dan newton ;) if so tell him I sent you ah ha.. I don't get anything from it, just spoken to him a lot ha ha

I will definitely be buying them after I've upgraded my clutch and turbo :)

I best get saving then :)

• Like 1