Suspiciously cheap vrs on autotrader

no they dont have to, but the fact they havent means they are holding something back, so what else is there to hide, you couldnt trust anything else they said.

Its a grey area,but its blatently your responsibility imo to tell anyone who is buying a car if there is somnething wrong with it, including the fact its written off.

no they dont have to, but the fact they havent means they are holding something back, so what else is there to hide, you couldnt trust anything else they said.

Its a grey area,but its blatently your responsibility imo to tell anyone who is buying a car if there is somnething wrong with it, including the fact its written off.

This is how 99% of most car dealers work! They offer the most basic information!

100% of them are like that in my experience. I take everything they say as complete BS until it's proven otherwise, they are in it to make money not be your friend or do you favors

It's up to the buyer to do their homework

• Like 1

I bought my vrs on Thursday so have come across this ad in the past few weeks. Did expect there to be something, I think when the price is as cheap as in this case then you would need to be cautious.

Not saying it's not a good car but I'd have to go over everything

To be honest at that price its still worth look and you can always try and knock another couple of 100 quid off because its a cat d.Thats if its mechanically sound of course.

Edited by GAZ911

Its like those emails from the Nigerian prince. You always wonder 'what if its for real?'

As others have mentioned if he hasn't got the paperwork in order to certify the vehicle then it could be a nightmare in waiting. Especially as he's already evaded the question from a forum member when asked directly ref. write-off status. I'd steer very well clear, it seems the Nigerian prince may well have moved into used vehicle sales...

I'm not so certain about all used car salesmen being shysters, I bought my B6 Passat second hand from our local VW dealership. A thoroughly pleasant experience and everything delivered as promised when promised.

I'm not so certain about all used car salesmen being shysters, I bought my B6 Passat second hand from our local VW dealership. A thoroughly pleasant experience and everything delivered as promised when promised.

But then, not all used vehicles can be rough old dogs either...

Salesman - scourge of the nation. :D

• Like 2

But then, not all used vehicles can be rough old dogs either...

Salesman - scourge of the nation. :D

I was of the similar opinion previously, I have had dealings with Peugeot....

:D Looks good for the money. They have had a respray by the looks of it as that's not the original colour, other than that it's a nice example.

Yes and you don't get many 7 seater vrs's