So she's going but whats she worth?

Marso

I'd want more than that for my wife ...

I'm prepared to haggle, that was just my opening offer!

• Like 1

IMO it's worth about 17-18k in part exchange, 18-19k private sale.

It would be nice to see the OP pay the rather reasonble £12 FREEDOM membership and put it up for sale on here as these "what's it worth" threads are about as close as you can get to selling... without actually selling.

• Like 4

IMO it's worth about 17-18k in part exchange, 18-19k private sale.

It would be nice to see the OP pay the rather reasonble £12 FREEDOM membership and put it up for sale on here as these "what's it worth" threads are about as close as you can get to selling... without actually selling.

See post #8 :)

Not much to ask on a vehicle 'worth' nearly £20k

Rubbish!,he is not selling his car on here,he is simply saying what should I expect in p/ex against an ML which is what this forum is about,giving advice to other Yeti owners.

Rubbish!,he is not selling his car on here,he is simply saying what should I expect in p/ex against an ML which is what this forum is about,giving advice to other Yeti owners.

My apologies, I must have missed the words 'part exchange'

Or maybe, on a second and third reading of the OP, they weren't there in the first place?

My apologies, I must have missed the words 'part exchange'

Or maybe, on a second and third reading of the OP, they weren't there in the first place?

OK p/ex is not specified but his final sentence is 'let me know what you think please' and not £19000-00 ONO, ring this number.I am still saying that is a request for advice and not a sales pitch.

Just as an indication, we recently sold the wifes 170 Elegance, 2010, 10 plate with 44K miles and just TPM and a tow bar and we got £14,800 for it. It was on Auto-trader for three weeks and we only got one call and it was from a trader.

We were over optomistic with our initial pricing (£16950 - which was upper end of Parkers scale if I remember rightly) and reduced it in stages to £15450.

Was about to reduce it to £14995 as we'd got the new car by then, when we got the call. Prices in London do seem to be higher than elsewhere.

So what you are saying is, the OP should have said was 'I am not selling my car in any shape or form just wondering what its worth at the moment'?.

I've said what I need to, make of it what you will

• 1 month later...

Well FYI she was worth £21000, I paid less than £25,000 for her so we are happy campers ;-)

We bought an X5 Msport 3.0 bi-turbo in the end as we liked the engine, pace and space

Where do I advertise my sonniboy rear shades and genuine skoda rubber mats?

We were over optomistic with our initial pricing (£16950 - which was upper end of Parkers scale if I remember rightly) and reduced it in stages to £15450.

I think Parkers are a little high... 11 plate SE plus 30K on the clock - Parkers £14.5K .. Progress Letchworth in P/X for a further monster - £12K.. :sweat:

Where do I advertise my sonniboy rear shades and genuine skoda rubber mats?

Join Freedom and advertise them here. And well done getting that price.

In my (limited!) experience, We Buy Any Heap "valuations" come in very close to Glass' Guide trade / offer values. 

On my 1998, 240,000 mile BMW 323 last year they offered about half what it was worth for breaking.  

Their offer on my Grand Scenic earlier this year was spot on Glass Guide for year, spec and mileage.  Same on the Yeti I was buying, which gave me an insight into what the dealer's mark up, pre-delivery maintenance jobs and warranty costs were coming out at.  

Haven't tried the other similar sites.

Of course a dealer may offer you more to "win" your business.  But the differences usually then goes onto the car you're buying, so the margin is the same whichever vehicle it is generated on. Its the overall cost to trade that counts. :happy: