XBOX One or PS4?

My cousin in Japan has played Forza for years and he's very good, loves racing and into cars. But even he says he's completely done with Forza. There's nothing left to enjoy from it. GT5 has it's problems, mainly slow menus but is transformed once you have a proper wheel.

Ah, game have now got a £349.99 price tag. They were still showing TBC yesterday and I wouldn't have put it past them to charge more than RRP or force a bundle deal on you.

They have the bundle option but I choose to go with just the PS4 + one hand controller. I then added games to the list paying £1 each to reserve them

For me money or specifically the cost of the console is of no consequence. I will get the better games machine. Only games matter to me. If its too close to call as it is now with ps3 and xbox then ill stick xbox. No point saving 100 quid on a console only to be playing slightly inferior games for 8 years. I actually have an xbox and a vita so am not bothered who wins. For the record i think the vita is amazing but i never play it as it has no games. Very poor support sony.

If its too close to call as it is now with ps3 and xbox then ill stick xbox. No point saving 100 quid on a console only to be playing slightly inferior games for 8 years.

If it's too close to call, how can you be playing inferior games? If it's too close that there's truly nothing in it, surely the cheaper console is the better choice rather than brand loyalty?

Playstation last time had the better exclusives. A PS3 was worth it for Uncharted alone. Then there's GT5, The Last of Us, Littlebigplanet. It's looking the same now too. I don't care about Halo

• Like 1

Playstation last time had the better exclusives. A PS3 was worth it for Uncharted alone. Then there's GT5, The Last of Us, Littlebigplanet. It's looking the same now too. I don't care about Halo

I bought a 360 for the exclusives (it was very cheap) and couldn't see what the fuss was about.

Gears of War games are fun enough but not in a different league to games like Killzone or the Resistance series on the PS3, and I really don't like the way Halo plays at all. I've tried a couple of those on the original XBox and 360 and gave up after a few hours each time.

Every game i have ever played on PS3 which is pretty much all of them and i always complete them, make sure i do all the extra contentent as well i.e. collect everything or do all side missions etc. has been a good or great experience. My 360 memories are not so great all though i did have the launch model in white where you had to buy a hard disk and wifi add on. I will still get the xbox one and try it before i make my mind up but im guessing as per my last comparison the outcome will be the same. People who can afford both generally prefer the ps3 i find unless they are casual gamers and don't use it as a media centre.

As a gamer I didn't find much difference between the 360 and PS3, actual game play experience is pretty much the same. Sufficed to say I wouldn't have minded having just one or the other. Sadly the 360 died so I was left with the PS3.

Trying to make out one was/is superior is just silly fanboism.

As a gamer I didn't find much difference between the 360 and PS3, actual game play experience is pretty much the same. Sufficed to say I wouldn't have minded having just one or the other. Sadly the 360 died so I was left with the PS3.

Trying to make out one was/is superior is just silly fanboism.

Your 360 died i bet it was just after 1 year warrenty period mine did the same and i have repaired (reflowed or reballed) 25 xbox RROD's compared with about 6 YLODS on PS3 thats hardly fanboism thats one manufacturer being superior at least in build quality. I would wager the new xbox will have thermal issues.

Lasted 9 months, replaced, died again 6 months later. Build quality aside the gaming(what's most important imo) was pretty similar, enough so that I would be happy with either console. Though I do prefer PC overall. :)

My cousin in Japan has played Forza for years and he's very good, loves racing and into cars. But even he says he's completely done with Forza. There's nothing left to enjoy from it. GT5 has it's problems, mainly slow menus but is transformed once you have a proper wheel.

I've played Forza for years and I would have to respectfully disagree with your cousin. Although for me it's all about who you race that makes it fun, but it can be difficult to find a decent lobby during off-peak hours. The game has been out for nearly 2 years though, what can you expect.

Forza just appeals to me more than GT so I'll most likely end up with the XboxOne.

• Like 1

I'd never buy a console for one game. I came close to doing it last time but not now. It looks OK, even he says so, but when it would cost over £500 to get the console, a copy of the game and a Live subscription it's madness to do it. Think of the fun you could have on trackdays instead.

Also for him in Japan with it being region locked is the killer for him. He speaks fluent Japanese but it's nicer to play in English

Your 360 died i bet it was just after 1 year warrenty period mine did the same and i have repaired (reflowed or reballed) 25 xbox RROD's compared with about 6 YLODS on PS3 thats hardly fanboism thats one manufacturer being superior at least in build quality. I would wager the new xbox will have thermal issues.

The PS4 wont go without issues too I bet. It is the LED free solder they use that causes problems, they become dry and crack.

Also for him in Japan with it being region locked is the killer for him. He speaks fluent Japanese but it's nicer to play in English

With XBox One not coming to Japan until a year after release, it's probably a no-brainer this time round.

I'd never buy a console for one game. I came close to doing it last time but not now. It looks OK, even he says so, but when it would cost over £500 to get the console, a copy of the game and a Live subscription it's madness to do it. Think of the fun you could have on trackdays instead.

Different strokes for different folks and all that. Problem with trackdays (for me anyway) is I have no contingency if anything were to break and my car is essential for work. Would love to be able to, just too much risk ATM.

Wasn't saying I'm buying either of them on release, just that of either, I know what one I would pick :giggle:.

If it's too close to call, how can you be playing inferior games? If it's too close that there's truly nothing in it, surely the cheaper console is the better choice rather than brand loyalty?

Thats not what i meant. I said i would buy the best console no matter what the price difference. Im not interested in saving money i want the best games machine. If it turns out that neither console has a clear advantage then ill stick with xbox.

If it turns out that neither console has a clear advantage then ill stick with xbox.

That's my point; if they're equal you'll choose the more expensive one due to the fact you already have the old version (brand loyalty)? If neither has a clear advantage then surely the cheaper one (PS4) is the better choice, logically?

The PS4 wont go without issues too I bet. It is the LED free solder they use that causes problems, they become dry and crack.

Lead free solder is used in absolutely everything since lead one is simply banned :)

I do not think they are equall really, even on the tech spec level. Graphics wise PS4 simply ****es all over XBOX ONE, see here

http://www.anandtech...playstation-4/2

Then memory performance !

Then you have price point, ease of use (no need to have 24 net connection - when I leave for holidays I power the house down and nothing is on for example...).

Not to mention use of odl games, swapping games between friedns etc.

• Like 1

I am very surpirsed that they didn't go with Intel as i7 is a much more powerfull processor with much lower power and thermal footprint (due to clever power gating and 22nm litography).

I'd rather go Intel with dedicated graphics instead of AMD APU approach - this would blow PC gaming out of the water for real.

At the moment both new consoles looks like poor cousins compared with an average PC gaming rig, which is a min 5 years future proof, not to mention the top end ones...

Xbox one for me had a ps1 and ps2 in the past but got an xbox then the 360 after... I have seen how rubbish the online is on PS3 before and how long you have to wait sometimes compared to xbox360 even if you do have to pay for the live it's worth it.

As someone who builds computers it's okay throwing in there that ps4 will have gddr5 but then we don't know what timings they're on or voltage so the xbox RAM could still be faster...

Just found it funny when they released the specs for the xbox one as i've just built my 8 core computer lol although my computer will still be able to out preform it