Si's Mk3 golf vr6.......breaking :(

SNH

Due to unforseen circumstances I've put it up for breaking!

Gutted to have to do it but got stuff going off that won't allow me to finish it till February time so rather than it sit on stands it may aswell go :(

Really?   Flippin' eck Si, you were very close to having this completed.  Sorry to hear it.  BUT 

What sort of money are looking for, for the steering wheel and boss, assuming it will fit a MK 4?

I'm gutted but being out of work 6 weeks due redundancy and then losing my grandad has wrecked me. It was a last resort and it was a crazy hard decision to make and I shed a tear writing the ad.

Wheel & boss have sold mate.

The new year will see a new project so all is not lost. Old school turbo and 4wd!

Blimey Si, you have certainly got well into stripping it.

Remember it is only a car, albeit you have spent a lot of time on it I know but you will always get another mate when you are ready  :happy:

Last few bits to strip this weekend then the shell and engine are off to a new home. This time in 2 weeks the journey will be over!

Not in the way I'd expected or hoped for :(

It's going to be a sad day watching it go away on the back of a truck :(

After a long hard think and chat with the other half I'm having the vrs and she's going to get a runabout. She only goes to work and back and now my youngest has been offered a pony on full time loan she'll be carting round horse stuff.

So I'll be updating the thread I started when we got it.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/269361-the-other-halfs-mk2-vrs-20tfsi/

No major things will happen till I'm sorted but it'll be straight to stage 2 with a change of wheels, handling & braking hopefully.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There was a MK 3 at Cadwell today, unfortunately it hit the wall and was in a real mess.

Plenty out there Si, one on VR6OC for reasonable money too.

There was a MK 3 at Cadwell today, unfortunately it hit the wall and was in a real mess.

Plenty out there Si, one on VR6OC for reasonable money too.

Had my eye on one that needed a bit doing which is what I'm looking for with a view to turbo'ing it. But after a bit more research about towing with the vrs it's seems that it's not going to cope so a 4x4 is now on the cards.

I will have another vr6 one day though :)

I heard yesterday that with the simple addition of NOS a VR6 can gain 100bhp + for the duration.  I am sceptical though as 100+ is a fair bit.