The New Skoda Octavia vRS

ColinD

Cant see it ^^^ lol?? :D..

VAG the biggest + best car manufacturer in the world.. using american sh#te??

Any info as to what your refering to?

The option for reading speed limit signs  springs  to mind - Advertised in the focus before Xmas.

That estate :love: :love: :love: !!!!!!

But seriously what was that post on about on the 1st page??

Borrowing designs from FORD??? WTF??

That cant be right surely?? Thats like going backwards...

Couldn't find that post, but if Skoda want to "borrow" stuff from Ford then they can start with the suspension from the Mk 1 Focus Estate - only car I've found that handles better (i.e. hooligan time) with a load of holiday luggage or an Ikea cupboard flatpack in the boot. :D

Agree about the new vRS estate - very, very tasty. Then again, I'll be looking for a new (to me - second hand) car to replace my raddled old Focus next year and saw a blue current shape vRS hatch in Skipton. Even SWMBO agreed that it was a "looker", so I'll probably be on the lookout for one of those next year.

Figure with folks trading in for this new model there should be some decent ones of the current model on offer - but decision then becomes hatch or estate. Going to be diesel and manual (hate automatics - especially for a "sporty" car).

Find it amusing that (according to AutoExpress) the "lesser" Octy vRS is actually a wee bitty faster than the Golf GTI.

Mmm, that does look very nice - even though to me its starting to look quite Audi-ish from the front.

The new advert is now on you tube, sorry folks couldn't sort out a link, bit outta practice.

Try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzM_8sfbPUo for the official UK advert, and here's the launch video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGt3Z8NPSV0

Looking at these, two things struck me. First being, is it just me or is the driver of the "Combi" in the launch video pushing his car a bit more than the "normal" vRS? Second thing is that Ade VRS is maybe right and there IS a bit of Audiness creeping in. Not that I mind,  since I thought that the RS4 Avant is/was a good looking car. ;)

If the lottery numbers come up at the weekend, then my friendly neighbourhood Skoda dealer's going to get a visit, (a guy can dream...)

If the lottery numbers come up at the weekend, then my friendly neighbourhood Skoda dealer's going to get a visit, (a guy can dream...)

If my lottery numbers come up then the Ariel factory in Somerset is getting a visit :) (After having dropped a cheque in to the mortgage company).

I want to order this car but i am finding it difficult to order wiyh the 19inch wheels, dealer sites only state 18 inch, can anyone help?

In the UK and the Czech Republic the 19in wheels are only available as an accessory, not factory fit. I suspect it is the same in Germany.

If my lottery numbers come up then the Ariel factory in Somerset is getting a visit :) (After having dropped a cheque in to the mortgage company).

Boot space isn't too good on those mate :D

Boot space isn't too good on those mate :D

If I win the lottery I can hire someone to follow me around in the practical car carrying stuff Iron Man style :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Somehow i don't think that will be on the top of Thecko's requirements :rofl:

You don't know Thecko that well then, he has a boot space fetish nearly rivalling DieselV6 man's fuel tank size fetish!

• Like 2

You don't know Thecko that well then, he has a boot space fetish nearly rivalling DieselV6 man's fuel tank size fetish!

To be fair the real requirement is usability rather than volume - getting a Guitar in to a car in the winter mornings where it's ****ing down with rain and blowing a gale in your face becomes soul destroyingly tedious and unbearable when you're also having to play tetris :)

Saw it at the dealers in estate form today, cant say I'm impressed , sits way too high as usual, why cant it be like the literature or videos , and the seats are awful, no separate headrest and the Fabric looks like it came from my Dad's 77 Estelle ,tiny radio as well. The exhausts look like added trims as well. I know the new GTI is more money, but much more desirable, ten customers in at the time, not one gave it a glance,maybe lowered and with the option wheels in saloon form will give it more visual impact 

I have just dropped my Octy vRS for its first service and just seen the Mk3 vRS for the first in the flesh.

I think it looks really good, the inside is especially sleek and looks good quality. It doesn't seem any bigger either - although it is.

All I have to do now is try and keep away from the sales desk! Looks like it may be petrol so will be interesting to see how big a difference 20hp makes and a lighter body.

Paul

They are doing them in diesel and petrol, mpg is supposed to be much better in both on the new version. Have you taken a spin in a new one yet? Both the standard and vrs are v nice to drive

P.S great choice of colour 

Sat in the estate vRS at the mega meet yesterday.

Seemed ok, but the instrument binnacle is offset to the left :wall: . Why! thats a no then. I cannot tolerate (or understand) why manufacturers of cars cannot get the center line of the seat through the steering wheel and binnacle. So everything in front of the driver is central.

So offset seats, binnacles and particularly annoying, offset steering wheels to the left , or right (passat) are out. 

(says he driving a yaris)

Edited by goonybird

• 2 weeks later...

I want to order this car but i am finding it difficult to order wiyh the 19inch wheels, dealer sites only state 18 inch, can anyone help?

were are you based? if in Germany have you spoken to Wayne @ Griffin? I have dealt with him for over 10 years and he never fails to impress? I have had a multitude of cars from my first VRS 52 plate through to a Blackline DSG (current car) and I have ordered for January the new VRS 5 Door Hatch DSG with loads of extras coming in under £18,000 if so PM me and I will give you my name as he gives £100 if you mention a name and you buy from him 50/50. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Read a study recently by some scientist apparently most German cars have a badly offset driving position,a lot of other makes do as well this causes extensive posture problems on long journeys.I presume it's done that way because of costs,but I have ruled out the latest Polo Gti 1800 DSG and manual because of this its badly to the right of center as was my old mk2 1800 golf gti.

Tried the new Renaultsport 200 lux nearly central no spare or room to carry it so there both out.