The New Skoda Octavia vRS

ColinD

wheels are very nice

does look good, will be interesting to see how they price it

bargain skodas no more i think

Time will tell once the initial release fever has abated - there are still some that have issues with the Skoda name. Give it 6 months to a year and they may be deals to be had.

I may be up for an Estate in a couple of years, depends if my requirements have changed by then.

"The instrument panel with a rich-colour Maxi DOT display has its own unique vRS design."

Well spotted :thumbup: That is where they have spent the pennies saved on the colour screen for the infotainment system

Have booked mine for Dec as can't swap my car till then. anybody want to buy my VRS Blackline DSG in black around 13,000 miles????

Alot of kit coming on this, my car dealer Griffin Tax Free saw this at a motorshow last month and says it is gorgeous. Hopefully looking at 16,500 Tax free. think i wil be spending a bit more than that on extras.

The 19's are on the white estate picture.

• Like 1

WOOF!! Some thing to look forward to in 2016 :happy: SWMBO asked when the new Ferbi vRS comes out, any one in the know??

Have booked mine for Dec as can't swap my car till then. anybody want to buy my VRS Blackline DSG in black around 13,000 miles????

Alot of kit coming on this, my car dealer Griffin Tax Free saw this at a motorshow last month and says it is gorgeous. Hopefully looking at 16,500 Tax free. think i wil be spending a bit more than that on extras.

The 19's are on the white estate picture.

Is that genuine about Griffin? Might have to give them a try.

When can we expect to be able to start ordering one at a dealers? Will have to check my pcp policy and see the earliest I can bug out or upgrade.

The estate though is stunning. Even SWMBO loves it. Winner!

Paul.

• Like 1

Is that genuine about Griffin? Might have to give them a try.

When can we expect to be able to start ordering one at a dealers? Will have to check my pcp policy and see the earliest I can bug out or upgrade.

The estate though is stunning. Even SWMBO loves it. Winner!

Paul.

This is a tax free dealer for the forces. check out his site Griffintaxfree.com. I think he does police and governmental services also. maybe a bit of a treck as he is in Brighton.

Spoke to Wayne and within 15 minutes of him putting on his site he had 5 enquiries. looking hopefully at July Wayne said but I think maybe Sep for the new reg.

would like to get an estate as I think with the 19's they will look ace and the windows tinted but the long haired general says no.....

This is a tax free dealer for the forces. check out his site Griffintaxfree.com. I think he does police and governmental services also. maybe a bit of a treck as he is in Brighton.

Spoke to Wayne and within 15 minutes of him putting on his site he had 5 enquiries. looking hopefully at July Wayne said but I think maybe Sep for the new reg.

would like to get an estate as I think with the 19's they will look ace and the windows tinted but the long haired general says no.....

Yeah have seen their advertising in various places. Didn't use them in September but maybe worth a try this year. Just need to see bout this pcp.

Agree about the estate.

The estate looks nice,especially the wheels , the rear badge looks wrong there and the exhaust shape looks contrived and naff, thank god they have finally got rid of the chrome :happy:

Have seen posts some where- think it was user preston motors mentioned that the order books open in July even though official release to dealers is not till Aug. Best check with youre local knowledgable dealer ( hmmm) :)

Given what happened with the Rapid around change of basic spec ( improvement) I would personally be very reluctant to order very early in the run., despite what looks like a very good initial spec.

is it me or does it look very BMW-ish from the front

Yes. Almost a reason not to buy it because it looks like the ultimate ubiquitous driving machine. Have to admit that the latest 3 series is good and looks good. Found it a bit hard to love the new Octy, partly because it is bigger than I need and the reason most of us bought one is because it was competitive on price and performance. The new VRS looks good and still will be competitive to an extent but maybe the price gap will narrow and perhaps some VRS owners who don't need the space will be drawn to the new Golf GTI. Quite intrigued by the quoted performance and economy of the petrol model.

Now, what we need is Fabia MK3 vRS with that 2.0TFSI motor :devil:

Love the shape, dislike the alloys. I would like to buy the Octy III Estate with 1.6 CR Diesel powerplant. Fab vRS is for fun Octy Estate is for long distance family runs where economy and space rules.

However, as an only car in a family Octy III Estate vRS would make sense.

• Like 1

My next car was going to be the hatchback , ive always had estates and the boot space at floor level is the same. Having seen the white estate cant see me changing any time soon. Though will have to test drive one first.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice indeed. But

Up to eight full-size touch screens with proximity sensors are fitted in higher systems.

What? Where?

• 3 weeks later...

That estate :love: :love: :love: !!!!!!

But seriously what was that post on about on the 1st page??

Borrowing designs from FORD??? WTF??

That cant be right surely?? Thats like going backwards...

Edited by mattvrestate

My obeservations

- Some decent options that are either 'borrowed' or licensed from ford.).

Cant see it ^^^ lol?? :D..

VAG the biggest + best car manufacturer in the world.. using american sh#te??

Any info as to what your refering to?

A cut & paste from the Skoda web-site a few minutes ago.

• 2.0 TSI 220 PS £22,990
  •  
  • 2.0 TSI 220 PS DSG £24,380
  •  
  • 2.0 TDI CR 184PS DPF £23,260
  •  
  • 2.0 TDI CR 184PS DSG DPF £26,650

£3,400 extra for DSG on the diesel!!!  Hopefully that's a mistake and it should be £24,650 .  Or is the price for a manual diesel wrong (should be £2K more!!!)?