Another ugly little beast (don't read if you don't like Yeti competitor posts)

Although I have fond memories of off-roading in a Grand Vitara, it looks like Suzuki might have missed the target with this. Looks are fine, but (per Autocar) the ride needs fettling. More serious is the lack of engine range - the diesel they tested sounds very pedestrian.

It's quite a bit more powerful than the 1.6 in the yeti, but still gets in the £30 tax band with 4wd. That will appeal to a lot of people after the recent snow.

Ok, here's "the List" (again).

You have five seconds to find the new Suzuki.

...and now five seconds to find Yeti! ;)

You need to add the new Ford Kuga to your image as well. And perhaps the latest facelifted Nissan QQ and not the pre-facelifted one. :-)

You need to add the new Ford Kuga to your image as well. And perhaps the latest facelifted Nissan QQ and not the pre-facelifted one. :-)

Here's the "original" and the "new" QQ... :think: ? :peek: ... :think: ??? :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

QQ.jpg

And isn't Ford Kuga already in a different class (bigger) with Santa Fe, Tiguan etc. ?

Edited by Hirundo

Here's the "original" and the "new" QQ... :think: ? :peek: ... :think: ??? :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

And isn't Ford Kuga already in a different class (bigger) with Santa Fe, Tiguan etc. ?

It is I guess but... you've included the Santa Fe already!! Third from top. Unless you thought that was the iX35?

THose images clearly show that design (for one reason or another) is headed in one direction mainly.

So unless you like to be a bit different and drive something more practical (or van like! :D ) how on earth do you choose?

Mmmm....Roof bars , Aerial , Headlight shape and wheels are different.

Oh , the shadows are different...... :giggle:

You forgot to mention the subtle outward curve of the front bumper, instead of it tucking in under the car :)

It is I guess but... you've included the Santa Fe already!! Third from top.

Ooooops! :blush:

Edited by Hirundo

THose images clearly show that design (for one reason or another) is headed in one direction mainly.

So unless you like to be a bit different and drive something more practical (or van like! :D ) how on earth do you choose?

In no particular order.

Price , the engine's performance and economy, handling, comfort, trim and specification, practicality, build quality, convenience and service from your local dealers, or failing that the one that comes in a nice colour.

I've just noticed, that next week ,Autoexpress has a group test of the Mini countryman,Puegeot 2008 and what looks like a Yeti Greenline ,from the photo.

I'm guessing that the other 2 will also be the 1.6 turbo diesels.

It's quite a bit more powerful than the 1.6 in the yeti, but still gets in the £30 tax band with 4wd. That will appeal to a lot of people after the recent snow.

Per AutoExpress it's a Fiat engine. 118bhp means not really in Yet 2.0TDi class; 12 secs 0-60 is on the "strictly average" side of performance. But yes it should have appeal...

Per AutoExpress it's a Fiat engine. 118bhp means not really in Yet 2.0TDi class; 12 secs 0-60 is on the "strictly average" side of performance. But yes it should have appeal...

That'll be the variable vane turbo version of the one that's in my bravo then. Not a bad engine at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Prices for the new SX4 are out now.

DDiS is the diesel.

SZ5 has an epic spec list.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/s-cross/65189/suzuki-s-cross-prices-and-specs

The 2wd top spec diesel looks interesting.

1.6 SZ3 Manual 127 g/km £14,999.00

1.6 SZ4 Manual 127 g/km £16,249.00

1.6 SZ-T Manual 127 g/km £17,749.00

1.6 SZ5 Manual 127 g/km £19,749.00

1.6 SZ5 CVT 125 g/km £21,099.00

1.6 SZ5 ALLGRIP Manual 135 g/km £21,549.00

1.6 SZ5 ALLGRIP CVT 130 g/km £22,449.00

1.6 DDiS SZ3 Manual 110 g/km £16,999.00

1.6 DDiS SZ4 Manual 110 g/km £18,249.00

1.6 DDiS SZ-T Manual 110 g/km £19,749.00

1.6 DDiS SZ5 Manual 110 g/km £21,749.00

1.6 DDiS SZ-T ALLGRIP Manual 114 g/km £21,549.00

1.6 DDiS SZ5 ALLGRIP Manual 114 g/km £23,549.00

Prices for the new SX4 are out now.

DDiS is the diesel.

SZ5 has an epic spec list.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/s-cross/65189/suzuki-s-cross-prices-and-specs

The 2wd top spec diesel looks interesting.

1.6 SZ3 Manual 127 g/km £14,999.00

1.6 SZ4 Manual 127 g/km £16,249.00

1.6 SZ-T Manual 127 g/km £17,749.00

1.6 SZ5 Manual 127 g/km £19,749.00

1.6 SZ5 CVT 125 g/km £21,099.00

1.6 SZ5 ALLGRIP Manual 135 g/km £21,549.00

1.6 SZ5 ALLGRIP CVT 130 g/km £22,449.00

1.6 DDiS SZ3 Manual 110 g/km £16,999.00

1.6 DDiS SZ4 Manual 110 g/km £18,249.00

1.6 DDiS SZ-T Manual 110 g/km £19,749.00

1.6 DDiS SZ5 Manual 110 g/km £21,749.00

1.6 DDiS SZ-T ALLGRIP Manual 114 g/km £21,549.00

1.6 DDiS SZ5 ALLGRIP Manual 114 g/km £23,549.00

I'm driving a Suzuki Swift at the moment. 100 % reliable, nice handling. They have already phoned me twice with regard to going to the dealer launch event for the new SX4 S-Cross. If the facelift Yeti is too expensive I will take a look, even though I don't like the droopy nose (in the pictures anyway).

Did they give you a date?

No. Just wanted to know if I would be interested in attending and will be in touch with the date. The woman on the phone indicated Sept/Oct time for the first dealer cars but didn't know for certain. 

No. Just wanted to know if I would be interested in attending and will be in touch with the date. The woman on the phone indicated Sept/Oct time for the first dealer cars but didn't know for certain.

It seems the 1st of October is the launch date.