Meteor Grey - the picture thread

Saying to Lee at Preston motors this morning, that I think this is SUK's new 'race blue' with being only available on the sporty models :wonder:

Reminds me to some extent, although I think it's a lighter shade, of our 'battleship' grey Rapid 136 :)

TP

So... I did a really bad photoshop (hopefully attached to this message) of the woerthersee Fabia with Monte Carlo wheels, roof and arch trim.

I'm reasonably happy that *if* that's meteor grey, then it'll look good...

*if*...

post-42530-0-54430000-1371537044_thumb.jpg

Edited by louisv6

Just got an email from Skoda customer services, who have supplied this picture. Seems it is indeed the same colour as on the woerthersee concepts.

That's encouraging... but still difficult to tell whether it will look good on a Monte Carlo estate.

What do you guys think?

post-42530-0-75319200-1371542514_thumb.jpg

'Marmite',

it is up to you if you love it or hate it and going to be happy with it in the long term, and the thought of future residual on it. Look great when brand new, but maybe not so original in a year or 2.

Personally i would change the order to Race Blue i think.

(I though when i first saw the Monte Carlo Estate in Blue it was going to be solid non Metallic and a Volvo Polar Star type shade and looked great.

In Grey it is going to be a car that will always need to be kept clean and polished, because after a dirty journey it will look very ordinary i think.

george

Just a bit too close to this colour for me.

• Like 1

Too close to this colour for me.

How rude! :@

:giggle:

...but you're quite likely right... just wanted to avoid spending another £300 on a less risky colour as red and white are equally marmite I reckon.

The red is very easy to touch up & an easy one to look like it is clean, even if not actually, But again Marmite as you say..

Metallic Grey or Silver are nice and simple, safe and worth the extra IMO.

Race Blue might just look the best on a Monte Estate, and be well worth the extra.

(I thought when i first saw the Images that it would be a Solid Blue like a Volvo Polar Star Colour,

but Race Blue might look best on the Monte Estate with the amount of black that is also on it.)

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/03/skoda-shows-off-fabia-combi-monte-carlo.html

george

Just got an email from Skoda customer services, who have supplied this picture. Seems it is indeed the same colour as on the woerthersee concepts.

That's encouraging... but still difficult to tell whether it will look good on a Monte Carlo estate.

What do you guys think?

Very marmite.

Expect people to ask why they didn't paint the car.

Really necessary to see one properly in the flesh.

Or at least a proper picture of a Fabia Monte Carlo Combi in the Grey.

I wonder if they will do ones in Hearing Aid Beige.

(the 'Filler Primer Special Edition'.)

george

My first 3 PCs were that color o_O

Confirmation from the dealers this morning........... the new 'Meteor Grey' for the Fabia vRS is indeed very close to Battleship Grey in colour.

So, as in the picture posted by louisv6 and the colour of the Fabia RS+( with the disgusting 'lime green' wheels ).

The sales staff actually spoke to one of the chief designers at a board meeting and described it from the colour chart he had.

Ridiculous really..........the Meteor Grey on the Skoda ' build your own' website looks absolutely nothing like it!

Confirmation from the dealers this morning........... the new 'Meteor Grey' for the Fabia vRS is indeed very close to Battleship Grey in colour.

So, as in the picture posted by louisv6 and the colour of the Fabia RS+( with the disgusting 'lime green' wheels ).

The sales staff actually spoke to one of the chief designers at a board meeting and described it from the colour chart he had.

Ridiculous really..........the Meteor Grey on the Skoda ' build your own' website looks absolutely nothing like it!

If that is the case then that will be my new favorite color for the Fabia. With accents of one more color (in the same idea as the Fabia RS+ concept) it will look just awesome.

I think I'm sticking with meteor grey then. My dealer rang me on Friday and said I needed to make up my mind because build date is approaching...

I think it should look pretty good, and as 32kofdata said, perhaps with an accent colour like a cherry red... Somewhere...

• Like 1

Quite fancy black roof and wheels, MG_3295.jpgI think it will look brilliant!

It seems its the same as the concept fabia rs+, so you'll get an idea from my terrible photoshop at the top of this page.

I can't have a black roof as I've ordered the estate :(