What colour is my Superb?

It is metallic steel grey but when you order the touch up bottles (one paint colour and one laquar, both bottles come with little brushes inside the caps) it is classed as a different name, stupid I know. How do I know because I have ordered the bottles and the garage used the paint code from the car vin number and I questioned the paint colour as well.

Edit,

Devon Wanderer's answer is much better than mine. :blush:

Edited by Danny 57

A while ago I bought some paint from Halfords to spray part of my Nova GSi I had repaired. Sprayed the car and let it dry. It was a completely different shade. Went back to Halfords to check i had the right paint and the chap at the parts desk said that their paints very rarely match vauxhalls!! It was the right code, it was just completely different.

• 1 month later...

Well, what a chore that was, I should have listened to you guys!

When my VIN / chassis number was entered into the dealers system it detailed my car as being Steel Grey. Great I thought, I just need to buy a Steel Grey touch-up pen.

Except Steel Grey doesn't actually exist, it is called Platinum Grey (as some of you already wisely pointed out!).

My paint code is 2G2G (9157) which is referred to as Platinum Grey, not Steel Grey.

So why not just call it Platinum Grey!?

Anyway I managed to buy a touch-up pen (part number: HFB380092) for £10.00 in the end! Let's hope its the right colour :giggle: