Sun Shades

Bernie no worries on was exactly the same had to check the box twice just to make sure I hadn't missed the instructions. They do work well looks like tinted from a distance

• 3 weeks later...

I received my shades from Superskoda yesterday for my Combi.

I tried to install the rear one but after pushing it to place I got a gap between the frame of the shade and the upper part of the window.

There's no way to get one of the supplied clips to stick to the plastic fram of the car, like they do on the Superskodas web page, because the double-sided tape isn't strong enough to hold the tension from the frame of the shade.

Is mine a faulty one or are you guys also have the same issue?

Can't post pics on this forum but here's a link to a photo showing the gap.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kungktd/17646226044/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

But do you have the same gap a do? I tried to stick a clip to the window but the tension from the frame made the clip come off.

It'd mine sags away from the screen but if you push it in place it covers the whole screen. Yours looks like it is possibly slightly bent out of shape as the fabric looks to sag slightly. It is pushed fully down the screen in both corners? Other than that it take it out and try bending carefully to get the shape correct

I received my shades from Superskoda yesterday for my Combi.

I tried to install the rear one but after pushing it to place I got a gap between the frame of the shade and the upper part of the window.

There's no way to get one of the supplied clips to stick to the plastic fram of the car, like they do on the Superskodas web page, because the double-sided tape isn't strong enough to hold the tension from the frame of the shade.

Is mine a faulty one or are you guys also have the same issue?

Can't post pics on this forum but here's a link to a photo showing the gap.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kungktd/17646226044/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

I had the same sagging problem and couldn't get the sticky clips to stay attached.  What I done to resolve it was to use 2 of the metal clips and prise them in between the trim and the glass (a very tight fit, needed a screw driver between the two to prise them apart) and then clipped them in place, no sag now.

I'll try a post a picture later.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody.

I'm a new Skoda Octavia Ambition 110 TSI (MY16) and I'm looking for some rear sun shades. I have read the complete thread and it seems that everybody is looking for Octavia state's shun shades. Mine it is not an "state" one.

Please, can someone help me finding sun shades for "normal" Octavia model car? I'm from Spain... so ebay or something similar / international ships needed  ^^

Thank you!!!!

Edited by chechuch

Did you see this? http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280336-sun-shades/?p=3795065

You need for hatchback, and they do have. This is what I have.

LE: sorry, the link inside the link works no more. This is the corect one: http://www.x-shades.eu/en/category/1/66/76

Edited by myself24483

Ordered some X-Shades for my hatchback (not bothered about the lack of a rear screen option) and they arrived this morning. Very pleased with the quality. Have fitted them without the supplied magnets and they hold themselves well just on their own. Thanks for the heads-up.

• 6 months later...

Just to say I bought the Superskoda ones and fitted them on Saturday. I am very pleased. It is great that you can wind the rear windows down and they stay in place.

The rear one was quite tricky, but got there with some brute force. I used 3 clips for the rear.

Just ordered some Sonniboy shades for O3 Estate 193 Euros from Windesa delivered to uk. Will update on ease of fitting and quality once I have them.

Thanks for all the info above, really helped in deciding which ones to get.

Just ordered some Sonniboy shades for O3 Estate 193 Euros from Windesa delivered to uk. Will update on ease of fitting and quality once I have them.

Thanks for all the info above, really helped in deciding which ones to get.

They are a great fit and excellent quality, fit is easy and done in about 10 min! Had a set in our old golf that were spot on for several years so went with the same again for the Octy. Edited by skyjawa

They are a great fit and excellent quality, fit is easy and done in about 10 min! Had a set in our old golf that were spot on for several years so went with the same again for the Octy.

Cheers mate,sound just the job, exactly what I need.

Hi, has anyone bought and fitted the x-shades ones for the Octavia III Combi as per this link? If so what are they like?

http://www.x-shades.eu/en/category/1/66/77

I only want the shades on the rear door windows (I think) rather than all rear glass.

Thanks!

Edited by TurboTay

I have just fitted the x-shades to my Combi and I am very happy with the fit and function. The supplied magnets are very strong and make fitting simple. My grandchildren will be very happy now, assuming that the sun starts to shine! I will probably leave them more or less permanently attached as the fit is so good.

• Like 1

I have just fitted the x-shades to my Combi and I am very happy with the fit and function. The supplied magnets are very strong and make fitting simple. My grandchildren will be very happy now, assuming that the sun starts to shine! I will probably leave them more or less permanently attached as the fit is so good.

Thank you