Sun Shades

• 2 weeks later...

My X-Shades arrived today. At first I didn't know what to think. I expected the magnets to be part of the sun screen, but they are come separately. THe first few magnets I attached made a very "wiggly" impression, but as soon as I fixed them all in place (about 8-10 per side) together with the sun screen, the entire thing is very solid. Tried driving 50 km/h with the windows down, no problem.

I'm very happy with them so far, they fit very well!

My X-Shades arrived today. At first I didn't know what to think. I expected the magnets to be part of the sun screen, but they are come separately. THe first few magnets I attached made a very "wiggly" impression, but as soon as I fixed them all in place (about 8-10 per side) together with the sun screen, the entire thing is very solid. Tried driving 50 km/h with the windows down, no problem.

I'm very happy with them so far, they fit very well!

Would you be able to upload pics with the shades on your car. 

Would you be able to upload pics with the shades on your car. 

Do you mean a picture from the outside with the shades attached or do you want a close-up of how they are attached?

There are already a lot of pictures of attached x-shades here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280336-sun-shades/?p=3736308. Only difference is that I drive an Estate (also white). Oh and I also have Sunset, not sure on the car in the pictures.

If you need a particular picture of something, please let me know.

Edited by GerrieS

Do you mean a picture from the outside with the shades attached or do you want a close-up of how they are attached?

There are already a lot of pictures of attached x-shades here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280336-sun-shades/?p=3736308. Only difference is that I drive an Estate (also white). Oh and I also have Sunset, not sure on the car in the pictures.

If you need a particular picture of something, please let me know.

Thanks for the link. Does yours look same with sunset glass?

Edited by dellfan

Vanstyle are unbelievable and should be avoided as their customer service is non existant.

They send my complaint email back to me today!

No sure if this has been dealt with but looks important.

• Like 1

I must say they never got back to me. They took my name and number when I ordered a set for my combi a few weeks ago.

Vanstyle are unbelievable and should be avoided as their customer service is non existant.

They send my complaint email back to me today!

Yes I agree, appalling service. I have had my money refunded for shades but I am still fighting the battle to get the return postage refunded. I did get email saying they would do it as soon as possible. I'm still waiting......

Yes I agree, appalling service. I have had my money refunded for shades but I am still fighting the battle to get the return postage refunded. I did get email saying they would do it as soon as possible. I'm still waiting......

Vanstyle aka Palm automotive have finally contacted me after nearly three weeks. Their Chief Operating Officer is now aware of the shoddy service and wrong fitting shades they sell for the Octy III.

His email is  steve "at" vanstyle.co.uk  use the @

I have been advised I have a refund but I am now awaiting clarification of my return postage costs for both the shades that don't fit the OCTY III and the unopened jiffy bag that eventually arrived containing the clips. 

I was misguiduded and ordered from Vanstyle without my own research. For any internet supplier I haven't used before I email a question about returns and if no reply in 24 hours or no refunds they don't get my business.  Lesson learnt. Don't trust the forums and stick to my email policy.

Don't trust the forums and stick to my email policy.

A lot of companies may not reply as it's standard consumer law in the UK when buying over the internet to have a 7 day right (soon to become 14 days) to cancel the order. That means you can return any item bought from a company over the internet for refund for no reason whatsoever.

To be fair to Vanstyle, their product is very good. I have their shades in two different cars and they fit brilliantly. It's unfortunate that there is an issue with the Mk3 Octavia blinds, but I assume these teething troubles will be addressed soon.

book2e The vanstyle shades do not fit the Octy III and they have a very serious problem with inability to answer email. Email response relies on single individuals and thus fails if single individuals are swamped or on annual leave or F off to a better company.

Three Briskodians are out of pocket.

Its not rocket science to check a new model's shades fitment before selling. I did offer for second generation shades...

I maybe should charge them for my time and consultancy advice as to vanstyles single points of failure.

And for the auto bots  - Vanstyle review rubbish poor do not use don't order terrible no refunds avoid

So are they actually refunding or not?

I received an email saying they would action my refund.

But still no confirmation though that they have, despite me sending Vanstyle a link to this thread.

As Pumatron says "I would not in my opinion recommend dealing with uvcarshades".

I'd go further but I like Briskoda and don't want a warning or ban.

So any idea why these ones appear to be so much cheaper? http://epc.net.pl/solcar/index.php?id_product=144&controller=product&id_lang=1 

Has anyone purchased of these guys?

I like the sound of the X shades from what people say, but I would like all the rear windows shaded in my estate really, especially due to my baby, plus the dog in the boot.

• Like 1

Those look a better option as they cover the rear quarter glass where as x shades only do the door and tailgate. Presume the tailgate is a two piece fit with these?

If they don't bring a decent set out soon, might have to proper pimp my ride with tints! Have already ordered a Superskoda rear boot lip spoiler so looks like a slippery slope to chav land. Will probably find myself hanging about in late-shopper car parks with the other local chavs before I know it! :rofl: