Boot Volume

OldBoy

I am sure I read that boot volume of the Yeti can vary from 410L to 1760L. Now checking here http://new.skoda-aut...s-manuals/yeti#

regarding a previous post about manuals I see that they indicate 510L to 1580L. Is this a typo or a change or what? Hope the seats still are removable individually all 3 of them in the back rather than 60/40 split or something similar.

2mfn6g5.jpg

Edited by OldBoy

I am sure I read that boot volume of the Yeti can vary from 410L to 1760L.

Mmm, what units are these? I still measure volume in decibels. :giggle:

• Like 1

From the April 2012 brochure (mine is a May '12 build)

With rear seats up: 416 (with spare wheel: 322)

With rear seats rolled up: 1580 (with spare wheel: 1485)

With rear seats removed: 1760 (with spare wheel 1665)

The current dimension page on the Skoda website - http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/yetie/dimensions - gives 416 as well.

One problem I have with the rolled up figures is that the centre seat cannot effectively be rolled up in the same way the the 2 outers can.

One problem I have with the rolled up figures is that the centre seat cannot effectively be rolled up in the same way the the 2 outers can.

Agreed - it only works if the centre seat is removed.

Thank you all for confirming. I'm just like 1-2 months away from getting my hands on my Yeti and got a little worried that something changed.

Is that because of the air vent and cup holder box in the middle?

Sorry, but what is this nonsense about the middle seat not being able to be rolled up like the others? Here's a little tip - remove the headrest from the middle seat (very easy, there's a little button that you push across, and then slide the headrest out) and then you can roll up the seat!

• Like 1

Sorry, but what is this nonsense about the middle seat not being able to be rolled up like the others? Here's a little tip - remove the headrest from the middle seat (very easy, there's a little button that you push across, and then slide the headrest out) and then you can roll up the seat!

Agreed, Bobdog. It does seem like it will not go but it does. The floor space is them very usable and flat.

It does seem like it will not go but it does.

That's what I always tell the missus ... one more push :rofl:

• Like 1

That's what I always tell the missus ... one more push :rofl:

Really? And the relevance to this thread (on a car forum) is what exactly? Pathetic.

To the OP, the spare makes a massive difference to the volume, I have about 320 litres as I have the spare in place but without it it's pretty decent tbh. The only time the boot isn't big enough (remembering packing vertically is the key) is when we go on our family summer holiday into Europe - in this instance I loose one of the back seats and use that area for luggage also. Works really well, especially as there are chassis mounted loops at the base of the rear pillar as well as within the boot area. :)

• Like 1

On the subject of removing the rear seats, I've seen youtube videos demonstrating this but they always comment on how heavy they are.

How manageable are they really? Will I be able to lift them out or are we talking strong man work? :think:

On the subject of removing the rear seats, I've seen youtube videos demonstrating this but they always comment on how heavy they are.

How manageable are they really? Will I be able to lift them out or are we talking strong man work? :think:

the centre one is easy, the outer ones are much heavier. My issue is trying not to let them hit the surrounding paintwork to the door are when taking them out. I'd say they were around 20kgs each at a guess.
  • Like 2

So equivalent to about two holiday suitcases.....could be a struggle for moi :blush:

...make that one suitcase each! Sorry, I mistyped a 4 instead of a 2 thinking of both combined in my head. The centre one is much lighter.
  • Like 1

Really? And the relevance to this thread (on a car forum) is what exactly? Pathetic.

To the OP, the spare makes a massive difference to the volume, I have about 320 litres as I have the spare in place but without it it's pretty decent tbh. The only time the boot isn't big enough (remembering packing vertically is the key) is when we go on our family summer holiday into Europe - in this instance I loose one of the back seats and use that area for luggage also. Works really well, especially as there are chassis mounted loops at the base of the rear pillar as well as within the boot area. :)

Might I direct you to the ignore function? Very helpful in protecting against the feeling you just experienced. You can always reverse it if you feel like returning to 1970s Benny Hill style discussion.

Marie, the seats are pretty heavy but not impossible. The concern is with scraping the paint as has been said.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

...make that one suitcase each! Sorry, I mistyped a 4 instead of a 2 thinking of both combined in my head. The centre one is much lighter.

Oh that's fine then, I can lift a suitcase :sun:

• Like 2

Marie, they are heavy if you lift them out of the car but just folding them is OK. I tend to do the centre one first sitting in one of the back seats. It's quite surprising how much space is created by just folding them forward. I've found only on a couple of occasions I've needed to remove them. With the seats folded and the spare wheel option the surface is almost flat.

• Like 3

The relevance is in Ernie B's post ... if you give the middle seat a good firm push (once the headrest is removed) it will roll up like the others, and that's what I tell SWMBO when I'm supervising her loading up the car. What's the problem? Feel free to ignore me as suggested though ... most people do. :angel:

• Like 2

Agreed, and I have ordered mine with a spare too. As I do too prefer some days abroad on holidays I am used to sensible packing. And I am pretty sure that if we manage with a Z3 then with a Yeti it will be a walk in the park. But it will be of essence when we have the dogs with us now. Its one of the main reasons I originally went for the Yeti instead of a hatchback or a saloon car. In that case I figured that seats rolled up would make adequate space for luggage and dogs too. And if needed some extra I will probably remove one or two seats and fit some luggage in that space to even up with the rest of the boot which will be higher due to the spare wheel. Thanks for the pointer of them seats being heavy so I should be careful not to scratch the paintwork. Thats something I did not foresee so I would have scratched the interior had you not pointed out.

^ when I have removed mine I got an old bath towel and tucked it into the side of the rear seat and allowed it to hang over the inner paint work area of the rear wheel arch. If nothing else it was a visual reminder to watch the paint work.

• Like 1

You can remove the middle seat sitting in one of the outer seats, turn it put it through into the boot and remove it out of the rear hatch, then do the outer seats the same no risk to the paint work, Not tested with a spare wheel though, its a lot better on the back not struggling them through the door,

• Like 2

You can remove the middle seat sitting in one of the outer seats, turn it put it through into the boot and remove it out of the rear hatch, then do the outer seats the same no risk to the paint work, Not tested with a spare wheel though, its a lot better on the back not struggling them through the door,

I think thats the best indeed, yet seats' base is some 20cm lower than the raised spare wheel floor so that will involve some heavy lifting while seated. I mean I can do it alright but MarieK or any other woman (my wife in my case) might need some help with that. Then again as I dont have my Yeti yet I dont know the interior details in case there is something that could be used as leverage to make it an easy process getting those seats out from the back.

I can confirm (w. spare, raised boot floor, rough measures):

W (between wheel arches): 102 cm

L (plastic sill to raised floor lip behind the seats): 70 cm

h (floor to shelf underline): 45 cm => 321 L

H (floor to boot area ceiling underline): 85 cm => 607 L

• Like 1