Knocking

IBeen trying to find the knocking noise but carnt :sweat:

Its sounds like its from the front underneath but not on the body thought it was the baffle in the exhaust and it seems to do it more when the car is cold for some strange reason,,,,,,,,,,,,,

not a tinny rattle or plastic more of a knocking noise and its doing my head in :@

any ideas anybody ........?

Skoda octavia estate dsg 2010.......no mods .......yet

Edited by greatdane

Bottom engine mount bolts, remove the cover and they will be visible instantly. My dollars are on that they are loose and only finger tight.

Just had mine tightened, I got a knock when starting engine, switching off, moving off in first and moving off in reverse. Easy fix...gotta love them!

booked in for saturday morning,,,,,,,better finf the knock or ile feed em to the "thing"

here he is just finishing of the post man

bones004.jpg

then after a big feed you sleep it off

onsofa003.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think my antiroll bar bushes need doing too. Front ones for sure and possibly the rear. Knocking as described from the fronk end and and a knock from the back if I drop off a speed bump quickly. Its definitely suspension related, the wishbones were done shortly before I bought the car and I have done the drop links too but no improvement.

What sort of cost for getting them done and whats the options? I read somewhere skoda will only replace the whole bar rather than just the bushes.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

my 52k octavia vrs tfsi has developed a single knock sound which happens every time when changing gear and when letting off the throttle only in 1st to 3rd gear but only when cold as soon as the temp gauge starts to move its gone ...weird any one had this on their car thanks

I had this on my 59 vrs two weeks ago but only when going slow. It was drivers side drop link onto front arb. About £90 fitted. 500 miles later passenger side went. A common fault I believe. I am looking to upgrade to polybush type.

£90???

was it gold plated?

There are a couple of threads about this very thing going at the moment. I'm following them all with interest as my 08 plate 1.9PD is doing exactly the same.

Mike

its not suspension related as it goes away when warmed up so all I can think is it may be exhaust related or driveshaft but definitely drivers side and felt through floor and I cant get it to happen stationary and using clutch to biting point against handbrake either ?