East Midlands Meet - Tuesday 30th July 2013 - Junc 28 M1

Brimma

I'll be popping down as well - just make sure there's some parking away from the rest of you for my Yeti :giggle:

Brimma - JPS Octavia or Monster Fabia Elegance estate
Hells Angel - Honda CBR 1100 (it's summer after all)
john999boy - whatever's easiest to get off the table
Jayneyyyy - Fabia Monte Carlo (I swear I'll remember this time!)
Day-VRS- Fabia TDI
Kgod1991 - Fabia vRS MK1

Damo :-) - Citigo Sport

Didescharlie - Citigo Sport

Nem - Audi TT

dbg400 - Yeti

Well I've forgotten something, and it unfortunately means I won't be able to make it

Due to my next hospital visit tomorrow, and delicate procedure, I can't eat after 6pm tonight, and can only drink certain things :(

So I'll have to look forward to next month I'm afraid :(

You don't have to eat or drink though Brian!

I didn't want to go into too much detail, but the solution I have to have at 6pm involves me staying in close proximity to a small room somewhere for quite some time

There you are, I've said it now :(

Let's just hope they're not using an SLR tomorrow

Nice to meet you guys tonight, apologies for shooting off early.

Got some pics of the cars in attendance and will post them tomorrow

Good to meet you Charlie, and cant believe I left the parcel shelf up when I set off after talking about it for ages :D

See you all soon

Cheers

Damo

Nice to see Charlie for the first time and some returning bods plus the ones who never say they're turning up but always do!

Highlights:-

Both Nem & Nick P had eyes bigger than their stomachs as they equally had to admit defeat in the Mega Grub Stakes.

Jayneyyyy and Nem (in true Top Gear fashion) did something together on a roundabout...... They managed it in less time than I was expecting though.

Damo, as he mentions above, told us about the Citigo parcel shelf problem and demonstrated how easy it is to forget. He also spent a bit of time doing his impression of David Bailey & we'll see the results later.

Martin (who doesn't have a red 2wd Yeti!), played the part of Landlord and dished out the ale that was meant for the Yeti owners at Gaydon. Their loss - out gain.

Nick & Nick tapped the keys and worked their VCDS magic.

Next Meet - Tuesday August 27th and no doubt Bryan will post a thread and also do his best to attend.

• Like 1

It was great to meet everyone last night, and I was truly staggered by the size of some of them plates. Only got half through my cow pie, and even ended up nicking my own bloody chips! :)

Damo's parcel shelf "demonstration" was the funniest thing. I've got a couple of nice twilighty pictures to post of the two Citigos roosting together, but Damo got a load more:

P7303723.jpg

P7303721.jpg

• Like 1

Yes nice to see some old faces along with the new, and hope the shifts fall in my favour again. Charlie do not get wound up about finishing the Pie off, I'm sure someone will be there to mop up.