Yeti collection road trip

MarieK

MarieK, you would be fantastic on your own TV or radio chat show. I could see you doing The One Show or Countryfile (BTW, did you see it on Sunday? The Boss's cousin's croft was on it...but no Yetis, only a Landy Rover and millions of sheep...) Keep up the good work, you are soooooo entertaining and it is passing the time brilliantly until we meet Ottie (only 9 sleeps to go..!!!!!!!!!!!)

And you haven't even started the journey home yet...what entertainment we have to look forward to... :sun:

Big round of applause for MarieK

• Like 2

More or less packed for the journey home tomorrow. Plan on leaving early as I've 475 miles to cover. Hopefully Snowy is up to the task.

Hopefully I am up to the task  :wonder:

• Like 1

Have a safe and enjoyable journey home, going to be hotter tomorrow :whew:  :whew:  :whew:  :whew: ,   get that air con on and the sound system cranked up  :rock:  :rock:  

• Like 1

Enjoy the drive home Marie, and stay safe.

Just as you are going home, I'm off on my travels.

Unfortunately Harriet is staying at home, she might get sea :sick:

• Like 1

We're home  :rock:

Its been a long day, but we made it home safe and sound. Snowy is covered in dead insects so will be getting snowfoamed tomorrow.

At least its cooler here.

9313852315_7b8b4b3f70_b.jpg

For some reason this is a particularly nice picture. That white is great!

• Like 1

...Snowy is covered in dead insects so will be getting snow foamed tomorrow...

Happy you're safe back home. Stunning landscape you're living in !

Guess the "Snowfoamed the yeti..." thread will be once again brought to the front tomorrow.

BTW, what about  the "Juke" ? Traded in ? (sorry if I missed something about, if it was on one of the discussions).

Funny is the fact our daughter takes driving lessons now days on a... "Juke" !

How do you find the difference between the cars, mainly in terms of ergonomics / geometry friendliness ? 

Yes I traded the juke in, so drove down with that and back with yeti.

I loved the juke but wanted to go back to a bigger boot and almost went back to a qashqai.

I've just been on the road for twelve hours so I'm a bit 'jet-lagged'  :giggle:

I'll let you know the differences later when I've driven the yeti on the familiar Skye roads.

Its been a long day, but we made it home safe and sound. Snowy is covered in dead insects so will be getting snowfoamed tomorrow.

At least its cooler here.

9313852315_7b8b4b3f70_b.jpg

Looks dull up there Marie, is it snowing yet?  :rofl: All we need now is a report of how snowy performed on your journey back

• Like 3

Another reason swaying me towards the yeti was the boot size, I have a double dog crate that fitted the qashqai but not the juke and I've kept it in storage. Thankfully it fits:

9317271532_ce29b9be66_z.jpg

Looks dull up there Marie, is it snowing yet?  :rofl: All we need now is a report of how snowy performed on your journey back

No the midges are out in force so it must be warm enough for them, although thankfully cooler than down south  :sweat:

Snowy performed very well on the journey back. Motorway was no problem, he cruised at 70mph in 6th gear and overtook slower cars easily. A bit of rumbly road noise on parts of the rough country roads up here, with a bumpy ride on those same roads. My music drowned out the noise though  :giggle:

Satnav wifey was having a hissy fit near Glasgow as she didn't recognise the new M74 bypass and was telling me to 'take the 3rd exit of the roundabout' when there was no roundabout (in the middle of the motorway). I just ignored her repeatedly until she caught up  :rofl:

I also laughed every time she said 'stay on this road for a long time'  :giggle:

Maxidot reckons I got about 40 mpg so not bad I suppose.

• Like 2

The 'double dog' is/are in the kennels. When I collect them in the yeti I'll take a pic.

Ah glad you cleared up that you have dogs, i was starting to get a bit worried...

• Like 1

No the midges are out in force so it must be warm enough for them, although thankfully cooler than down south  :sweat:

Snowy performed very well on the journey back. Motorway was no problem, he cruised at 70mph in 6th gear and overtook slower cars easily. A bit of rumbly road noise on parts of the rough country roads up here, with a bumpy ride on those same roads. My music drowned out the noise though  :giggle:

Satnav wifey was having a hissy fit near Glasgow as she didn't recognise the new M74 bypass and was telling me to 'take the 3rd exit of the roundabout' when there was no roundabout (in the middle of the motorway). I just ignored her repeatedly until she caught up  :rofl:

I also laughed every time she said 'stay on this road for a long time'  :giggle:

Maxidot reckons I got about 40 mpg so not bad I suppose.

Thanks for your update and glad to see you are back safely. I would not be surprised if the rumbly noise and bumpy ride could be down to the Pirelli tyres on Snowy. My brother in laws car has Perelli's and it does ruble a lot and seems to bounce aound more than my Dunlop's. Without getting into the tyre, wheel size issues again, it would appear that there are subtle differences with both

Pirellies are certainly far rumblier than the Dunlops in my experience, but don't worry Marie, the swishing noise of driving on sodden single track roads will drown that out.

• Like 2